General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Yeah, I don't know where you spent the winter, but no thank you.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • GoT finale. 
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Nothing like the uncertainty of trying to find a new home before your lease ends and before you leave the country.

My brain is going to explode from stress.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Mass Effect 4 coming out holidays 2016. Sadness.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Thought ME3 was supposed to end the series?
    The drone, the whistle, the thundrous sound;
    It seared their eyes, it shook the ground.
    One hundred thousand voices lift,
    While ashes like dirty snowfall drift.

The clouds of purple glowing gas,
    The tiny sun is rising fast.
    Your star...
    Is on the rise.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Thought ME3 was supposed to end the series?
    Nope. It ends the Shepard storyline or is supposed to anyway. There should be a whole different cast of characters for the fourth installment.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Didn't sleep enough last night, yay insomnia. Go in early to work, attempt to disarm alarm, fail, spend next hour with ears ringing and a splitting headache. Going back to bed.
  • I couldn't sleep much either last night.  Don't have a headache though, so that's good.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Hannibal is cancelled. :((

But at least they'll be able to finish the season on NBC, and the press seems pretty confident it will be saved by Amazon or something. If Community can get resurrected after three rocky seasons (and two immaculate ones), Hannibal has to be rescued.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited June 2015
    Usually when I want to escape the real world and enjoy the beauty of nature without power or running water, I go camping. Thanks 30 min whirlwind thunderstorm for forcing it upon me!

Edit: Of course my workplace still have power and can function though.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Synkarin said:
    Usually when I want to escape the real world and enjoy the beauty of nature without power or running water, I go camping. Thanks 30 min whirlwind thunderstorm for forcing it upon me!

Edit: Of course my workplace still have power and can function though.
    What was that. I looked outside at 7 pm expecting daylight and it was pitch black.
  • I want Persona 5 so bad, but do not have a PS4. Hrrrrng

• Arix said:
    I want Persona 5 so bad, but do not have a PS4. Hrrrrng
    Good thing it's coming out on PS3, then.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Could have sworn the trailer said PS4. Well that's slightly better news, I can get a PS3 for less than a PS4
    Day 2 without power, wife is threatening to bathe in the pond and let all the neighbors see, modesty be damned. Have to throw away food in the fridge, definitely going bad today. 

I get to buy a chainsaw though, that'll be fun

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Synkarin said:
    Day 2 without power, wife is threatening to bathe in the pond and let all the neighbors see, modesty be damned. Have to throw away food in the fridge, definitely going bad today. 

I get to buy a chainsaw though, that'll be fun
    Wait, civil society is breaking down on just the second day without power?  Sounds like you need more practice.

Come live in Vermont, a good ice storm can take out power for rural areas for a good week (or more)!  I still remember having to drive a ways away to a family friend (who did have power), taking a ton of jugs and cartons with us, and filling up at their place.  Then we came home and used that water for cleaning, etc, etc.  It's just like camping, but in your house!

(There's not much that can be done about the food in the freezer or fridge though)
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    The food thing sucks.  I grew up out in the sticks in the Cascade Mountains, and every winter we were guaranteed at least a week without power.  My folks had things pretty much down, and since the power going out coincided with lots of ice and snow, the contents of the fridge got stored outside, the wood stove kept going, and while you couldn't play the Nintendo or anything there were always books to read and board games to play.

People did end up just being smelly though, heh.

On a slightly more serious note, canned goods and a good manual can opener are your friend no matter where you live.  I wouldn't call myself a prepper, since I don't go to quite the extremes that are always flashing around in various forms of media, but I am a firm believer in being prepared for going a week without the usual utilities (water, electric, gas, etc).  Being in Las Vegas, with the scarcity of water that just comes with living in the desert, I really like Aquapods.  One of those, coupled with a pantry well stocked with beans, rice, some home canned goods (fruits, jellies, some veggies), and various other canned/easy to prepare goods leaves you looking pretty good for a while.  Hope things get fixed quicklike @Synkarin.  And you could set up a ghetto shower for your wife with a knife, an empty plastic jug that you don't mind putting holes into, and water to pour into it.  Rig it to hang in the tub/screened area that can have water get on it, pour water in, refill as needed.  It won't be hot, but she won't be showing off the goods to the neighbors. :)
    edited June 2015
    Lol, we're fine on every front, my wife just likes to complain, mostly because she's 7.5 months pregnant and the heat + humidity gets to her (we're not used to humidity being from CO, we've only been here just over a year and I don't know if we'll ever get used to it). I have pretty extensive experience camping and backpacking, I once spent an entire summer backpacking throughout Mexico and Central America, so it's not as big of a deal to me.

I'm more annoyed at the fact that my workplace is up and running meaning I have to show up to work in addition to going home to no power.

The chainsaw is for the trees that took down part of our fence and are blocking our view exiting out driveway. I'm even growing a lumberjack beard for the part ( definitely not because we lack running water to help me shave)

Latest estimate for power back is Saturday at noon.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:

The chainsaw is for the trees that took down part of our fence and are blocking our view exiting out driveway. I'm even growing a lumberjack beard for the part ( definitely not because we lack running water to help me shave).
    Hmm, there is an Italian immigrant that still cuts hair with fire, perhaps learn from him, and just use fire to shave your beard?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

edited June 2015
    Update - we're the last house standing, still no power. One neighbor went out and bought a generator, the other two have disappeared to stay with family or a hotel or something. 

We alone stand triumphant. 

Little B hasn't skipped a beat, hasn't slept as well when it's crazy humid and hot but the past few days have cooled off.

Wife has bathed in pond

Still no chainsaw, but it's coming, I tell you it's coming

Latest update is we'll have power by end of Sunday

Interesting tidbit - this mini 30 min storm knocked out more power to more people than Hurricane Sandy did, by about 50k.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I really hate when people go and make advertisements saying something will be free, and then change it at the last minute. Our Pride block party was supposed to be open entrance to everyone, and then at the last minute they changed the venue to a giant colosseum and decided to ask for a mandatory $10 "donation" to get in.

I'm not upset that they charged, there were likely a shit tonne of expenses to go with the venue change, but I'm upset they didn't look at a bloody weather forecast and see the block party was supposed to be held on the day it was planned to rain and plan appropriately. Like seriously, we have a stereotype to live up to. >::::/
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Hostage situation one block over.. Yay.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • Gahh.  If you're going to post something on facebook insulting a certain group of people out - make sure you own it.  Stop posting things (which are, may I add, mostly other people's opinions) and then backpedaling when someone gives you a reasonable argument against said offensive post.  I have less respect for you than I do for someone who posts offensive things that they actually believe in.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I have a friend who posts things like that, and when I call them out on it, suddenly the post disappears after some excuse is made.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.

• Everiine said:
    I have a friend who posts things like that, and when I call them out on it, suddenly the post disappears after some excuse is made.
    Issue I have with facebook are friends who exaggerate just how oppressed posting some opinion- that 90% of their friends agree with- is going to make them. "I don't care how many of you unfriend me or argue with me about this!" ...No one argues. No one cares.

If you have controversial opinions, just own up to them or shut up about it.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • I really hate litterbugs.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • gah!, this weather can go to hell! WHich is probably where it came from...

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• No AC... I swear it breaks every summer. Out of spite.