Real World Raves

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Tarkenton said:
    I swear that damn new moon is always when I'm either at work, asleep, or have a prior engagement.
    Welcome to the commune epics.

• Moving is the worst.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• Stangmar said:
    Moving is the worst.  
    THIS IS RAVES. >:[

(but omg I totally feel you)
  • Petal by petal, stygian-kissed roses suddenly blossom with a captivating, unnatural grace from the
    diadem of living briar upon your head, the sweet aroma of floral decay entwining around her in a
    heady perfume as the long-stemmed thorns and vines supporting the flowers constrict and pierce into
    your flesh.

THANK YOU ADMIN PEOPLE FOR FIXING THIS. <3
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Such a showoff. :P

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I came to the unsettling realization today that I'm really excited to experiment with the new kind of gluten-free flour we're receiving next week. It's supposed to have some kind of plant fiber blend that imitates the function and texture of gluten in baked goods, so we won't have to use xanthan gum (which, surprise, gives cakes a gummy texture). What is wrong with me?

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Depression is a horrible, horrible... Disease? Affliction?... Whatever.

I'm starting to think I'm wasting my time in life. Two years out of high school and I've done nothing productive but try and try and fail, fail, fail. I really gets to me after awhile...

Today all I did was lie in bed. I couldn't even find a reason to get up until I needed the bathroom badly enough.

I hate this.

• Daraius said:
    I came to the unsettling realization today that I'm really excited to experiment with the new kind of gluten-free flour we're receiving next week. It's supposed to have some kind of plant fiber blend that imitates the function and texture of gluten in baked goods, so we won't have to use xanthan gum (which, surprise, gives cakes a gummy texture). What is wrong with me?

I'm excited for this. You all need to make us cupcakes for testing...Reasons.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Ordered a Nexus 6.  I'll finally have LTE, lol.
    Stangmar - Retired

Spent most of the day at maximum relaxation by the pool, finally coaxed Adonis into actually swimming with me, and then got a surprise payment for catsitting a few weeks ago. Also, guys, I feel like I have to be cautious about how much excitement I express for this, but come on. It's Disney's "Furries: The Movie."

Jason Bateman as a cute fox, yes please I'll take ten. :x
    I used to make cakes.

• I'm sensing a theme in this year's cartoon releases. Illumination have released what they're up to when they aren't making Minions related movies.

I've never realised till now how much I need a poodle.
  • Nexus 6 is sitting on my front porch at home....hope my roommate brings it in..... 
    Stangmar - Retired

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Obergefell
  • I am definitely converted to the large phablet philosophy.

#sizematters
    Stangmar - Retired

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I can't with the huge phones. I don't know where to put them. I have a man purse for my laptop during the work week but they do not fit into human sized pocket during the weekends.
  • Do you wear skinny jeans?

I wear dress slacks for work, so my pockets are just fine with it(as is my shirt pocket).   My jeans seem to work too, but I'm not very fashion minded.  I buy $15 jeans from Wal-mart that are regular or relaxed fit, so they have pockets that work fine.

But I'm usually pretty good at hiding things on my person. Phones, wallets, guns, etc.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Have to be skinny jeans. I wear Costco regular/relaxed fit jeans because I have no need to attract a mate now, and they're cheap. Phone fits just fine. Heck, I can fit my nexus tablet in my pocket just fine.
    edited June 2015
    Astronomy enthusiasts will enjoy seeing Venus and Jupiter hanging out together in the western sky after dusk. I'm looking at them right now wishing I had a telescope!
    I used to make cakes.

• Sedanas said:
    Depression is a horrible, horrible... Disease? Affliction?... Whatever.

I'm starting to think I'm wasting my time in life. Two years out of high school and I've done nothing productive but try and try and fail, fail, fail. I really gets to me after awhile...

Today all I did was lie in bed. I couldn't even find a reason to get up until I needed the bathroom badly enough.

I hate this.
    Oh man, wait until you are at 15 years after high school and having done nothing significant with your life. 

I've got depression, social anxiety, and thanks to sleep apnea, I haven't had REM sleep in almost 20 years. So, I will try to give you some advice to help cope.

The best thing you can do is be relaxed. Spending a day in bed? That's just cooling your heels. If you don't want to get out of bed, spend the time reading a book, surfing the net, watching some Netflix, then taking a nice, long hot bath/shower with some sushi and ice cream after...vegging out can be a good way to get out of your mood. 

If you don't have a pet, maybe getting one would help? Rescuing a dog saves a life and it'll encourage you to go outside and walk a few times a day for another being's sake. If you can't motivate yourself, sometimes it helps being motivated for something else's sake. (It's why pets are recommended for war veterans and people with depression.)

You like to draw, I've seen the thread...arting is also a good outlet. Being creative is a great way to exercise your brain and might even help let out whatever frustration you are dealing with at the moment.
  • It's been a banner month for social progress. Congrats Misty Copeland, and little girls everywhere. :):D:)
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • My employers gave me homework, and I'm not entirely sure why. But it is math, so... still a rave.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Date night! Was fun. Steak and Jurassic World.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Been raining 24/7 for 3 days now, phone and internet line went poof and electricity goes poof for a whole day and only comes back at around 6 pm. Decided to log onto forums and check out the discussions for the past month.. And I'm like O.o Then I look at myself and I'm like wow it's been a month and I've learned how to play guitar...I can play a few songs and at least one of them with a decent fingerstyle intro XD Maybe in a month or two I can play full sounding bar chords for realsies and be better at fingerstyle! Can't believe I used to be scared of strumming the strings kukuku.
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
  • There are many people on both sides of this issue, so I'll not stir the pot.  I would like to share the wisdom of a Jeff Lee, descendant of Gen. Robert Lee.
    ``We wouldn't have any of this stupid debate if we just learned to pick our own damned cotton.'' -- 10 July 2015, Valley Tavern, Seven Valleys, Pa, United States

In other news: My wife and I had a wonderful time at Gettysburg.  I even bought Yet Another Hat.
    </RANT>
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I was at Gettysburg July 5th, maybe I spotted a @Delphas

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.