Real World Raves

Comments

• Tarkenton said:

Know what's better than seeing the new Avengers movie opening weekend? Seeing it the night some fellows engage in fisticuffs and the kiddies have their prom. 8pm showtime, theater had maybe one hundred people in it.

I loved it.  Going to see it again this week with my roommate who hasn't seen it yet.  Gotta love the cheap admission at the AMC Promenade 10.

Qistrel said:

Best part of the Avengers?

Andy Serkis speaking in a South African accent. He actually got it right. Actors never get it right!

HOLY F*** THAT WAS ANDY SERKIS!?

I have never seen him before, other than in his motion capture roles.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Today I tried Turtle Anarchy's 'Soulless' Saison.  Having tasted the elixir and found it good, I have considerably more sympathy for the Twelve Traitors.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Mr Serkis' character was named Ulysses Klaue.

Which means, he'll probably resurface in the Black Panther movie. :D

• I just went and saw it again last night at the AMC by my house.   I haven't been to this theatre in a few months.   Apparently they raised the price from $6 to $8.29 in that time....

because they remodeled it.  Leather recliners in a movie theatre?  What a time to be alive!
    Stangmar - Retired

• Stangmar said:

I just went and saw it again last night at the AMC by my house.   I haven't been to this theatre in a few months.   Apparently they raised the price from $6 to $8.29 in that time....

because they remodeled it.  Leather recliners in a movie theatre?  What a time to be alive!
    Sheesh, lucky sod.  Here it costs a good $20 or so to see a movie.  For a family of 4 you are looking at next to no change out of $100 for an evening out to see a film.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Watching a documentary about volcanoes on Friday night.....yeah, I live the exciting life.
    Stangmar - Retired

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    New phone, since my phone hasn't actually been able to maintain signal for about two months.

Hair and beard cut.  Look professional again.

Life is good.
  • Did you make the right choice and get an Android? :P
    Stangmar - Retired

Got a Nexus 6.  You tell me :D

Despite being an Apple repair guy, I hate their products.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I would expect there to be a direct correlation between "being an Apple repair guy" and "hating their products".
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Tarkenton said:
    Got a Nexus 6.  You tell me :D

Despite being an Apple repair guy, I hate their products.
    NOICE!   I've had my Nexus 4 for almost 2 years now and I love it.  I've considered upgrading to the 6, but with the price, I don't know if I'm ready, given that my 4 still works great.   How is the size?
    Stangmar - Retired

My father in law, who's been doing it since 1978, loves their stuff still.  I think it's just too much exposure to the kool-aid though.

As for the size, I find it fine.  Fits in my various pockets fine, it's a bit larger than my S4 was, but it's comfy for me.
  • UNEXPECTED PROMOTION TO ASPIRATIONAL JOB.

GIDDY GIGGLE AND CELEBRATORY DANCE / JIG / THING IN FRONT OF BOSS.

ALL CAPS.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    UNEXPECTED PROMOTION TO ASPIRATIONAL JOB.

GIDDY GIGGLE AND CELEBRATORY DANCE / JIG / THING IN FRONT OF BOSS.

ALL CAPS.
    Finally, a sugar daddy of my own.
  • I'm going fishing today!
  • I've just filed my application for graduation!  *happy dance*

Assuming I pass all my papers this semester, I will be graduating in just over 2 months time!
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Finally caved and gave up my third job which means I have 10 extra free hours a week! That is, after I catch up on the second job's workload. But it's a good step towards freedom. Starting mid-June will be working only remotely too.

Soon...

So soon...
  • Ieptix said:
    Just got out of a Rush concert. So good you don't even know.
    I'll be going on the 30th when they come by me
  • Perhaps a small thing for some, but it was pretty awesome for me: First time in a race, never worked out at all (although I do have a physical job). 5km, done in 27.19m. I'm satisfied at the moment, but I'm not sure how happy I'll be (or how happy my bosses will be) tomorrow when I might be very very stationary.
    Ugh, Windows did not want to play nice and reinstall like a good boy for me (got stuck at 0% expanding files) so I said hell with it and put Mint on my new SSD.  Now to see how well I can get games working on my ATI card.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    My darling husband brought me home 'happy ascension day' flowers yesterday. He's a keeper!

• Mudbugs are delicious.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    NPR One, the Pandora of NPR, will henceforth be filling my earholes.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Tarkenton said:
    Ugh, Windows did not want to play nice and reinstall like a good boy for me (got stuck at 0% expanding files) so I said hell with it and put Mint on my new SSD.  Now to see how well I can get games working on my ATI card.
    I love Mint. It's my favorite distro. If my Trisquel experiment hadn't gone so well, I'd probably have Mint on both my lappy and my compy.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.