Real World Raves

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Drakius said:

Come to the south, it snows one day and is 80+ the next.

And in that one day, stores run out of bread and milk, and there are 8,000 traffic accidents.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Everiine said:

Drakius said:

Come to the south, it snows one day and is 80+ the next.

And in that one day, stores run out of bread and milk, and there are 8,000 traffic accidents.
    and school is cancelled that whole week.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited March 2015
    There was a special surprise in my mailbox when we got home from the movies!

Also, I was (mildly, and pleasantly) surprised to see a big honkin' sign in our mall's fye for the new Nightwish album - I thought they were only into promoting Justin Bieber, since the last four times I can recall visiting said mall, there was a different cardboard cut-out of the Biebs in the doorway.

Anyways. Though I thought I had pre-ordered the album online a few weeks ago, apparently I did not. So I ordered it there! Yay free posters, and yay for denying the existence of any other musical stylings once the 31st hits!

Yaaay!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • edited March 2015
    My kitchen smells like an Indian (as in Asian Subcontinent) restaurant.  Mmmm... this is going to be goooooood.

[Edit: a YouTube link I was sharing with a friend (and accidentally pasted) removed]
    </RANT>
  • Celina said:

Ieptix said:

Finally got some proper winter weather. Only took until the end of bloody March.

We had the opposite reaction on the east coast. We woke up to snow and said, "WHY IS IT SNOWING IN MARCH"
    You forget that the east coast has its 'winter' last until the end April
  • Still recovering from an awesome birthday/anniversary weekend of tattoo conventions, Japanese markets, Irish pubs, hilarious raccoon flirting, the Book of Mormon, and Quiznos.

The only downside was having to file our taxes today, but even then that's now done and we feel all adultish.

Back to bureaucracy tomorrow tho <3

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    If anybody else wants most of the voice clips from Star Fox 64 in ringtone form for your iPhones, I've got a present for ya.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • My keyboard has arrived. It sounds and feels shiny and new and apparently echoes metallicly(sp?) when I hit a key which is weird but I can type again! WOO!
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Celina said:

My computer is fixed and on its way home! I got promoted at work. I'm tipsy on Jack Daniels. Life is good.

Jealous.  I just sent my laptop off to ASUS last week and I don't even know if they're GOING to fix it. 
    Stangmar - Retired

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Taco Tuesday. I love Taco Tuesday. Mmmmmm.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • By ``work from home (read: the bar)'' I meant ``I will be at the bar all day because they have excellent wifi''.   I got a lot done and had fun with the Goons on Nature Domoth.  Life can't better? I'm still drinking at 0255.
    </RANT>
  • Still woke up on time!
    </RANT>
  • Tax season is awful. Disability is awful. But this year, I found out that since I'm disabled now they let me keep a whole lot more money than I used to. More money is always a rave. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Riluna said:

Tax season is awful. Disability is awful. But this year, I found out that since I'm disabled now they let me keep a whole lot more money than I used to. More money is always a rave. :)

Tax accountant here.  Can confirm, tax season is awful. 
    Stangmar - Retired

• Riluna said:

Tax season is awful. Disability is awful. But this year, I found out that since I'm disabled now they let me keep a whole lot more money than I used to. More money is always a rave. :)

Agreed.  Keeping more money is better than paying more (or same) money.  Go you!
    </RANT>
  • Good con weekend was good. Cosplaying plans abound. And then a new position in a con I work. More responsibility, and more work. And I am unapologetically super excited for both. Not even sarcastic. I'll be able to do more for the con, and that makes me super happy.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • edited March 2015
    A brand new car was just delivered into my driveway. So long, stupid van, hello soccer mum car!
    What did you get?  Probably aren't a lot of car enthusiasts here on this forum, but I am one.

On another note,  ASUS received my laptop yesterday and for about 24 hours the status online said repair in progress.  It's already been updated to "Product was picked up or delivered to the customer."   I must say, that is some quick turnaround.  Hopefully they don't take forever mailing it back.
    Stangmar - Retired

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Isuzu MU-X :

• I'm guessing you're not in the US.
    Stangmar - Retired

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    She's an ozzie
  • Lavinya said:

Isuzu MU-X :

Does it have right-hand or left-hand drive?
    </RANT>
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Delphas said:

Lavinya said:

Isuzu MU-X :

Does it have right-hand or left-hand drive?
    What is this left-hand drive blasphemy you speak of?

• Tarkenton said:

She's an ozzie

Makes sense.  I haven't seen a new Isuzu passenger vehicle in the US for ages.  I did like their little Chevy Colorado clone they had in the Philippines.  

Celina said:

Apparently I have my own mailbox at work that I didn't know I had, and it's been collecting mail for 2 years. Apparently it got full and they dumped it on my desk.

Which includes hundreds in gifts cards for awards I've won that I didn't know came with gift cards.

I also got my work laptop in the mail, and picked up my personal laptop on the way home, and then I picked up starbucks. I spilled my coffee on my hand while I was walking up my stairs carrying my two laptops. My whole life is one big #firstworldproblem.
    Hey, at least you didn't spill your coffee on your laptop. :p
    Stangmar - Retired

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    As computer technician, yes.  Even though you didn't drink the Apple kool-aid, spills are always exspendy.  The average for a retina with a liquid spill is in the $700-$1k range.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Apple laptops suck for gaming. I will never!
  • Tarkenton said:

As computer technician, yes.  Even though you didn't drink the Apple kool-aid, spills are always exspendy.  The average for a retina with a liquid spill is in the $700-$1k range.

I imagine in such a case, the owner would just request more money from their parents to buy a new one.

Stangmar - Retired