Real World Raves

Comments

• I've probably mentioned in months past how I was worried about being canned from my job.

I found out today that I was even closer than I had thought.  The finger was basically on the figurative trigger for a while.  But then they decided they really like me so I'm in the clear.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Lavinya said:

I just took my daughter to see Wicked. It was fantastic!

I'm going to NYC in April and I'm debating seeing it on Broadway. 
  • edited February 2015
    Saesh said:

Lavinya said:

SEE IT if you get the opportunity..  You won't regret it.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Sakaki said:

Saesh said:

Lavinya said:

SEE IT if you get the opportunity..  You won't regret it.
    But No Good Deed Goes Unpunished.
  • Aeral said:

I applied for college.

And I came back to Lusternia.
    You're playing with fire. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • edited February 2015
    Xeria said:

Aeral said:

I applied for college.

That's so true.  My first semester as a freshman, Lusternia almost destroyed my grades.  So I reprioritized my life and walked away from the game.  I did much better the rest of my college career.  Now I mostly just hang out here for the social aspect(Also, I really sucked at the game).
    Stangmar - Retired

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The first time I walked away from Lusternia it, too, was to focus on classwork. That may have been the motivation the second time around, too, but I can't remember.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited February 2015
    Mixed rant/rave.

Rant: I didn't get the job I applied for recently.
    MAJOR rave: I'm being considered for an internship at Walt Disney World starting in August!!!  My interview isn't for another 4 weeks, but I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.
  • Aeral said:

I applied for college.

Oh I know! (as someone who currently spends way too much time playing WoW.)

Once I start school I'm probably going to unsub from WoW and I will likely not be very present in Lusternia. I'm going to be a casual again anyway. (assuming I spend more than a month on this game again.)

Plus I need to get a job, become fully bilingual and do a whole bunch of other stuff that is not Lusternia.

I'm pretty good at time management.
  • Aeral said:

Aeral said:

I applied for college.

Oh I know! (as someone who currently spends way too much time playing WoW.)

Once I start school I'm probably going to unsub from WoW and I will likely not be very present in Lusternia. I'm going to be a casual again anyway. (assuming I spend more than a month on this game again.)

Plus I need to get a job, become fully bilingual and do a whole bunch of other stuff that is not Lusternia.

I'm pretty good at time management.

Join the club.  I'll be cutting down my presence a bit since I'm in my final semester and my internship that I'm being considered for hinges on my graduating in July.  I'll still poke my head in where I can, but I'll be cutting out pretty much all things that the time could be better used on my studies.  Best of luck with your own studies :D
  • Aeral said:

Aeral said:

Join the club.  I'll be cutting down my presence a bit since I'm in my final semester and my internship that I'm being considered for hinges on my graduating in July.  I'll still poke my head in where I can, but I'll be cutting out pretty much all things that the time could be better used on my studies.  Best of luck with your own studies :D

Thanks! I am hoping that I get in for the fall. I'm going into oncology and holy crap I am so scared and so excited and if I can manage to do this I will be so, so proud of myself. 

Depression and mental illness tricks you into believing you cannot when you can. It makes darkness wherever there could only ever be light.

I can and will do this. 
  • I'm really glad my family liked dinner tonight.  Today was going to be a really busy day, so I knew I wouldn't have time for anything fancy.  Yesterday I bought three rabbits (rabbits are fairly small) and tossed them in a pot with enough wine to cover them (about 3 bottles) to soak over night.  this afternoon I got a large skillet to a temperature that NASA would call ``HOT'' and gave them each a really good sear before tossing them in the oven to roast at a super-low temp (280F, 143C) and just walked away.  Yep, just walk away.  Don't fuss with it, don't bother with it.  Just walk away.  Go wash the car or something.  The searing creates a very nice seal on the surface, which keeps all the juices in.  At 30 minutes come back and baste with the wine, and at 60 minutes change it up a bit.  I like Olive Oil (remember just plain EO, not EVO because that burns at *EXACTLY* 254F) but butter would do the trick nicely.  Thereafter there should be drippings, wine, and oil in the pan and any basting can be done with that.

Nothing fancy here; just a simple meal.

Fresh fruit was served for desert.  Once the claws are removed and the fur is shaved, those genetically engineered apples I bought tasted pretty good.
    </RANT>
  • edited March 2015
    https://www.unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4

This kicks ass on SO many levels.  They are releasing Unreal Engine 4 for general use for FREE, with the only provision being that if you release something for retail/profit that you pay a 5% royalty on sales (which is pretty darn reasonable, all things considered.)

Anyone interested in making a 3D version of the cities/communes? >_>

EDIT: Fair warning: Unreal Engine 4.7.1 is a hefty 4 Gb so it will take a little while to download.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited March 2015
    Rave and a rant simultaneously: I have sixteen hours to move 365GB from one starting external drive to 360 of them. Why no, sleep, I didn't want you tonight.

Thank heavens for clonezilla and monster.

Edit: the rave part is the obscene amount of money I'm going to charge.
    I made a taco for lunch :( .

No, wait, that's a Rave--tacos are ALWAYS good.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Guys, gotta say I'm cautiously optimistic about season six of Community. 

Please be good.  [-O<
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    So, I did the math on this job.

Apparently, if I manage to pull it off, I'll have managed to move 131.4TB worth of data in thirteen hours.  Don't think I'm going to quite make it, but it'll be close.

All hail USB3.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'm working on improving my drawing abilities. I think I'm doing a pretty good job so far, with the help of my artist friend Fallon!

First attempt.

If you look in the bottom-left corner, you can see where she took like five seconds to hastily sketch out an eye and explain how to draw them.

Second attempt.

Other than the lashes going the wrong way(?), I think I did pretty good!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You're friends with the fruster? Best friend ever.
  • Kaalak said:

I have discovered Scrivener. I am increasingly impressed. 

Scrivener is love, Scrivener is life. Prepare to sell your soul to it's glorious and forever laugh at the plebians who use Microsoft Word.

My self-positivity is on the rise, and super pumped about a convention in two weeks. I have amazing irl and internet friends who make my life worthwhile. Also I've learned I'm a downright delight sometimes. Also I have a weird fan following on my fanfiction and I'm not used to people being fans of my work since I still consider it subpar. But life, man, life is great. Now to finish my custom arc reactor and walk around as Tony Stark for no reason.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • edited January 2019
    -
  • Fun tip. Win Camp Nano or NaNoWriMo and you get 50% off the purchase price of Scrivener. Camp NaNo you set your own wordcount goal, as long as it's over 10k. It's coming up next month! Just a tip if you want a discount for Scrivener. 
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Today I got to go to the Shedd with my wife. And see the otters. And make commentary about strangers. And see the otters. And wander downtown and eat Corner Bakery. And see the otters. And go to Geek Bar with a bunch of furries. And see the otters. And play stupid card games. AND SEE THE OTTERS.

AND I GOT A NEW OTTER PLUSH AND VIDEO AND OTTERS OTTERS OTTERS

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

Pics or it didn't happen.

And phoo on you for going to the Shedd! I haven't been able to go again since MYSTerium was held in Chicago when I was in college. *grump*

• @Maellio Otters or GTFO.
    </RANT>
  • Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."