Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited June 2015
    Arcanis said:
    Synkarin said:
    Go play other IRE's then
    good marketting strategy.

What's not a good strategy is using reasoning such as 'well this IRE does this and this and that'  Turns out that some other IRE doing things a certain way isn't indicative of whether it's actually a good idea or not because it leaves a lot of context out. Yes, it'd be great if everyone was omni-trans and could classflex at will and switch guilds willy-nilly, but that's just not realistic. 

1)Lusternia has always had a higher regard for guilds than other IRE's. Whether you agree with it being that way or not, that's a pretty obvious fact.
    2)Classflexing was introduced specifically to make money, thus it's restrictive. You can make the argument that having to learn from a GR3 member is unnecessarily restrictive but loop back to 1 and you'll see its intentional.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Synkarin said:
    Go play other IRE's then
    It's fun when the guys on top have this mentality. Real great.

Maligorn said:

Synkarin said:

Go play other IRE's then

it's fun when the guys on the bottom take things out of context. Real great.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    It's not out of context. The lessons required alone turn a lot of people off of combat, beyond learning mechanics.

I mean, look at freaking Resilience. You're easy prey for warriors/monks if you don't trans a skill that does almost nothing.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Synkarin said:
    Synkarin said:
    Go play other IRE's then
    it's fun when the guys on the bottom take things out of context. Real great.
    It's fun learning you're not as good at combat as the one who's the 'guy on bottom'. o.o
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Maligorn said:

I mean, look at freaking Resilience. You're easy prey for warriors/monks if you don't trans a skill that does almost nothing.
    Which is a good part of the reason why we've removed it.
    Well, great. You know I'm not in the loop anymore guys. :P

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    That was the first announcement about it, afaik.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    All I took from this is that it's time for guilds to die in emptysternia.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Other IREs  (aka Achaea) are also completely ruled by artifact piles vaguely shaped like players. You can, and always have been, able to compete in Lusternia with few or no artifacts. Artifacts numbering in the thousands of credits are the cost of entry in Achaea to compete at even the mid-high tiers. 
    1) RE: resistance - Aetolia actually has like 7 miniskills that are primarily resistance skillsets. They cost half the amount of lessons of normal skillset, but there are 7 of them. that's 3.5 full skillsets. Yes, their skillsets only take like 1715 lessons to trans, but that's only like 50 less than here.

2) RE: Classflex - in Aetolia, you have to relearn all 3 skills to classflex, even if you already learned two of them. So if I went from Cabalist to Indorani, I'd have to re-learn 2 full skillsets to flex

Yes, IRE games handle them differently, but they are also different fundamentally as well, so yes, please keep comparing Lusternia to other IRE's without the full context of things.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I was wandering around the Undervault looking at the various rooms that are Tainted/Wyrded/Flooded/etc. and was trying to figure out why they were there. Then I realised 'Oh, a melder probably did this!'

War flashbacks to level 30 Tremula tainting and melding a room before fighting spectral paladins.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    That awkward moment when a design gets rejected, and you have to google something to realise your mistake.

My whole life, I've thought hardtack was heavily cured and salted pork or bacon.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Isn't that just salt pork?
    Apparently, I dunno.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Burger Rings for breakfast is a thing, right?
  • Shaddus said:
    That awkward moment when a design gets rejected, and you have to google something to realise your mistake.

My whole life, I've thought hardtack was heavily cured and salted pork or bacon.
    It's a type of bread that looks like a cracker. Long lasting, used on ships...
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Yes, I'm aware of that -now-. I thought hardtack was salted pork like jerky for some reason.
  • I want salted bacon and or pork now. Thanks D:
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• Shaddus said:
    Yes, I'm aware of that -now-. I thought hardtack was salted pork like jerky for some reason.
    Easy mistake to make.. It could sound like a synonym with context, since an archetypical "pack food" is jerky.
  • Two really awesome events happened tonight. I got my first pvp kill. All alone. Just me. And @Camberre being totally awesome and ursurping twice on chaos, alone as a rogue, against multiples. I had a lot of reason to smile tonight. Thanks people, ya'll know who you are! <3

A swirling void of darkness opens up before Taevyn, emanating a mad alien presence. He whimpers as tendrils of icy smoke leap out and bore into his body. As the void slams shut, he screams in abject terror, and you cannot help but watch in fascination as his soul is ripped asunder from his body.

• Celina said:
    Chopping elders: the last bastion of success for people who suck at everything else. 

Dont forget the tainting. It added some flavor.
  • Yo, Tropical Storm Bill is all up in my business right now. Power's going on and off. Y'all play nice (yeah right) for a day or two without meeeeee.

Tropical Storm Bill is hitting Texas.

Good thing I'm vacationing in Florida right now. B-)

(but I go back Friday, I hope I can land in Houston :( )

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    PENDANT OF DIVINE SPARK (racial perk artifact): 1000 credits

Is that a typo? :-O
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Daraius said:
    PENDANT OF DIVINE SPARK (racial perk artifact): 1000 credits

Is that a typo? :-O
    Rather a steep price, yeah.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited June 2015
    It's the same price as a cameo, and still not the most expensive artifact around. Looks cheap to me considering what some racial perks do. 

edit: Now to figure out what tradeskill I will go after I switch to Kephera and don't need splendours anymore. I don't even know! Tinkering for bardy things I guess!
    I especially like how the old Level 3 Great Rune of Divine Spark is 100 less than the new one.

This discussion has been closed.