Simple Ideas

Comments

• Siam said:
    Can we please get fans and canes patterns for jewelry, please?!
    Why wouldn't fans be tailoring and canes artisan?
  • Siam said:

As long as fans can be enchanted with gust.
  • Arcanis said:
    Siam said:

Why? No one would use them for that...since you'd have to wield them.
  • Arcanis said:
    Just a quality of life suggestion, but could we have Partial curios formed listed on the top directly under completed? Currently when you complete a curio, it becomes listed at the top of your list, however partial completed are still thrown around randomly at the bottom along with any other curio you later collect (in which are placed in order with their ID number from smallest to biggest, thus naturally they are constantly jumbled around with other curio you get). By placing partial on the top with completed, would make it easier to organize.

CURIOS ALL PARTIAL will list just your partials. Just like you can use PIECE or RARE to just list those.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Steingrim said:

Arcanis said:

Siam said:

I have a fan enchanted with gust that does not require wielding. I use it all the time.
  • I really really want to see a new type of furniture that slows or stops decay time on glassware so I can keep stocks of sorcelglassed cups, glasses and bottles in storage for my manse. 

We can call them shelves.
  • Not sure if this can be seen somewhere else, but...

I think it'd be nice to add a line at the bottom of AB along the dormant skills that shows you how many more lessons you can spend on skillflexing that day. If you don't have any dormant skills, then there's no point in showing it, of course.
  • Xenthos said:
    Arcanis said:
    Siam said:

I have a fan enchanted with gust that does not require wielding. I use it all the time.
    That's an artifact fan. I assume it would be like wands and you'd have to wield them. But then I'm assuming consistency in RP implimentation.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I agree, wands having to be wielded was a terrible, unnecessary decision.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Not sure if this can be seen somewhere else, but...

I think it'd be nice to add a line at the bottom of AB along the dormant skills that shows you how many more lessons you can spend on skillflexing that day. If you don't have any dormant skills, then there's no point in showing it, of course.
    A line shows up with the number of lessons spent if you've spent any. So you just need to remember how many you can spend, which shouldn't be difficult....

• Akyaevin said:
    Ssaliss said:

A line shows up with the number of lessons spent if you've spent any. So you just need to remember how many you can spend, which shouldn't be difficult....
    Ah! Did not know that. Yeah, that'll work (even though I think it'd be better to show the number remaining, but it's better than nothing).
  • Elanorwen said:
    Qistrel said:
    TELEPORT BOB is closer! By like 5 rooms.
    Well, if we're going that way... TELEPORT ARTIFACTS is even closer. :P
    Late here, but because of the passage from near Bob's to just past the Portal, Bob's shop is closer by several rooms.
  • edited July 2015
    Ssaliss said:

Akyaevin said:
    Ssaliss said:

Ah! Did not know that. Yeah, that'll work (even though I think it'd be better to show the number remaining, but it's better than nothing).
    That is the way it is works, but your way would be my preference. The way it currently is always makes me wonder if I can spend actual lessons accidentally.

edit: typos
  • When Wyrdlings use Wiggle anyone in the trees should tumble down. : D

• Kraai said:
    When Wyrdlings use Wiggle anyone in the trees should tumble down. : D
    Kraai means Wyrdenwood but she's on a phone and can't edit.
    Player Death
    Marcella was slain by Cercis (Victim had 1200% the might).

• I think this speaks for itself when it only seems logical that we should be able to learn from someone in a skill, even if they currently do not have it selected as active. Especially with skillflexing and whatnot.
  • Doesn't seem very logical to me... "No, I ccouldn't boil a pot of water right now, but let me teach you how to make a grand gourmet meal".

• Ssaliss said:
    Doesn't seem very logical to me... "No, I ccouldn't boil a pot of water right now, but let me teach you how to make a grand gourmet meal".
    It's more like, "Even though I am currently employed as a fisherman, I did graduate cooking school. I can't demonstrate, as my hands are so full of fish guts right now, but I could certainly lecture you on the theory."
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Speaking of new patterns. Trademasters please direct your attention to the latest Trademasters post! We're currently taking suggestions for a new Tailoring pattern.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Charites said:
    Speaking of new patterns. Trademasters please direct your attention to the latest Trademasters post! We're currently taking suggestions for a new Tailoring pattern.
    I'm confused as to your post in-game, sorry.

So we can suggest a new subtype (for instance, "Cowl" under "Hats"), but not a full skill under Tailoring?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Idea:

Events Posts need to have a TL;DR at the end of them, or some sort of summation.

EVENTS POST 5678

Blah blah Estarra's left shoe blah blah Zvoltz blah salted caramel blah blah.

TL;DR - Zvoltz will be inactive for now. To be continued!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    I'm confused as to your post in-game, sorry.

So we can suggest a new subtype (for instance, "Cowl" under "Hats"), but not a full skill under Tailoring?
    Yes, that is what the post says. Treat the "no new skill" clause as a pre-emptive safety measure since the existing categories pretty much cover everything imaginable. Cowls could fall under hats, ribbons under accessories, new shoe types under shoes, etc.
  • Can we add a toggle-based safety feature on wonderitems to allow or disallow the daily transform.

Y'know, to protect beautiful wands from stupid mistakes. ._.
  • edited July 2015
    Can Defiling spam not go to the otells - but instead have a separate log  ( or maybe the final defilement (with who is doing it) being in order logs?)

Edit: I can only assume the disagrees are from the part about who is doing it. If not, I do not see a problem with putting the defiling spam in a different place and not clogging up the otells log)
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I know it's been asked for before, but I swear I heard the horse neigh.

Can we please please be able to skip or at the very least speed up the intro?

Sometimes I get the urge to create an alt and enjoy a change of rp for a while. Now I get the urge, remember I can't avoid the intro, groan and usually go do something else that is not Lusternia. You can even have a big shiny disclaimer and an ARE YOU SURE??? to encourage new players to keep at it. Please, think of Shaddus!

Since the new intro, I think I've only made three or four characters max. :(
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Also make the intro less bad pls.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Shaddus said:
    Since the new intro, I think I've only made three or four characters max. :(
    Oh, the humanity!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."