Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Let's put it another way.

Azula could've bought and walked guards up to them and killed all three of them.

Instead, she choose to go into Mag and kill something that is only used by novices, that has no strategic gain or loss.

Seems legit.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • edited July 2015
    Killing something that potential long-term players use does seem sort of crappy. Especially after they had to fumble through the intro just to get stuck in the collegium.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Oh, yes. Horrible that the captain is slain for an hour or so, and novices have absolutely no way to get there.

Well, aside from one of the guilds having Waterwalk, and the rest of the city getting there quite easily and taking the novices there, and the fact that waterwalk rings aren't expensive. I mean, it's not like any of these mobs affect -me-. But killing the captain a few times, big deal. Ring the bell on spectre and he comes to see you. Arcanis/Camberre/Ollie had to actually walk into the city to kill these kinsman/guards, and much more of them.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Thank you for proving my point of how useless, annoying, and easy it is to kill the skeletal captain.

And how they had to actually put in effort to raid.

But go ahead Shaddus, they are the bad guys, because they participated in combat, yet paint over the fact that Azula could've stopped them with guards, but instead, choose the most pathetically easy way out. 

And then went back and did it again and again.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • It isnt like Azula killed the captain once, nor even had reason to. She apparently was angry we thwarted her Cay attempt and went to kill the captain. We shrugged and assumed it was her venting. She then came back again...we rolled our eyes. A third time? Okay, now this just got to a new level of stupid.

I believe in retribution and severe lessons at that. We looked for a way to repay her for the annoyance she started, we found a weak point and made sure she wont forget the lesson any time soon.

GG, checkmate.
    Why not just put guards with the captain, if possible?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    If people could not presume that people being on different timezones means we're inactive or always afk that would be great. No I'm not going to respond to you trying to get my attention on CT when it's 3am my time and I'm sleeping. There are some people I never see online either because they're around when I'm in bed, doesn't make me presume they don't play.

• Silvanus said:

Azula could've bought and walked guards up to them and killed all three of them.

Instead, she choose to go into Mag and kill something that is only used by novices, that has no strategic gain or loss.

Seems legit.
    She didn't walk into Mag. That would require risk and some sort of braveness. She rang the bell at Spectre Isle, and stranded the ship there.
  • Arcanis said:
    It isnt like Azula killed the captain once, nor even had reason to. She apparently was angry we thwarted her Cay attempt and went to kill the captain. We shrugged and assumed it was her venting. She then came back again...we rolled our eyes. A third time? Okay, now this just got to a new level of stupid.

I believe in retribution and severe lessons at that. We looked for a way to repay her for the annoyance she started, we found a weak point and made sure she wont forget the lesson any time soon.

GG, checkmate.
    lol

• Lerad said:
    Arcanis said:
    It isnt like Azula killed the captain once, nor even had reason to. She apparently was angry we thwarted her Cay attempt and went to kill the captain. We shrugged and assumed it was her venting. She then came back again...we rolled our eyes. A third time? Okay, now this just got to a new level of stupid.

GG, checkmate.
    lol

Oh look! Lerad for once posted without having to write a 300+ essay on the hows and whys Arcanis is mean. I see improvement!
  • Not going to delve into any specifics, but the new blade specialization abilities and afflictions look amazing! Can't wait to see how they fare in actual combat. Thanks to whomever Envoy it was who let us test things out!

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I was going to rave about how cute something was, until, I think, I just ruined a beautiful budding NPC-NPC relationship :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited July 2015
    Hey,

I might be a newb to this game, but am certainly not a newb to MUDs. I am not justifying what @Azula did, but I find the outcry from Mags kind of a little over the top. It sucks a lot to have an NPC killed that's only used by newbs and I would certainly be very annoyed if it would have happened to me during my novicehood and I would much prefer it not happening at all.

But, and that's my reason for posting, if you go around and deal out stuff without giving a single dime on what you are doing, you will eventually end up with something you don't like yourself. And eventually someone will snap. "Common Sense" is a myth. It is possible to be mindful of others while being well within your characters role and keeping things interesting and keeping the conflict in.

Maybe this is a moment for both sides to step back, consider for themselves what's actually good, legit and advancing and what's actually damaging?

Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    after rereading my post, I found it might be misleading:

Had no intention of or blaming anybody. My point was rather that the animosities between Mag / Celest might have reached a point where it would be a good idea to step back and rethink what's actually good and what's actually bad in terms of healthiness in a multiplayer environment such as lusternia.

That includes both sides on equal parts. I understand that people are angry, I would likely be as angry on their part. I also think it's no 'singular' incident.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • When you have...

verbal diarrhea.  

:(
  • Sedanas said:
    You smile sadly at a platinum commune ring.
    You put a platinum commune ring into the Megalith of Doom.
    The Megalith of Doom rumbles and absorbs a platinum commune ring.

I won't forget what everyone has done for me, but I'm afraid I've overstayed my welcome. Thank you especially, @Rancoura.

Welcome to the Dark Side

• Unzareh said:
    Silvanus said:

Seems legit.
    She didn't walk into Mag. That would require risk and some sort of braveness. She rang the bell at Spectre Isle, and stranded the ship there.
    Protip: That room counts as Prime Mag, even if it is on Spectre Isle.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited July 2015
    Taevyn said:

Unzareh said:
    Silvanus said:

Seems legit.
    She also said she'd stop as soon as she realised it impacts novices trying to do the collegium quests. Civility was still a thing in Lusternia, who knew!?

• Lavinya said:
    Taevyn said:

Unzareh said:
    Silvanus said:

Seems legit.
    She also said she'd stop as soon as she realised it impacts novices trying to do the collegium quests. Civility was still a thing in Lusternia, who knew!?

Yeah...because it -wasnt- obvious that the ships on mag and celest are being used for novices with no waterwalk, especially when the collegiums specifically mention it.

Also 'not knowing' or not, she was still trying to go, repeatedly, for an easy 'mob' loyal to Mag just for 'lolol let me tell them on skype' reasons. Please
  • Azula said:

For one thing, what is "obvious" to you, might not be obvious to everyone. Just like how it is obvious to me that you are such an ass, and you fail to see it. The obvious means to get to the Spectre Isle for me would be to invest in a waterwalk enchantment and walk... because paying the sailor is an additional cost I might logically want to cut as a novice.

I also do not understand what you are trying to insinuate in that last statement of yours, in any case I do not like where it is headed. Please do not try to project your warped fantasies unto me. If you get off on skype for killing Loyals of Celest, it does not mean I operate that way as well.

I tried to resolve this ICly, and while I am a bit upset that Unzareh had to resort to drag this here, she at least had the balls to attempt to put some sense in me ICly.

Yes, I had a bad day, and my actions were deplorable, but for the record, it was never my intent to cause direct harm to novices. Now, if you would continue to paint me as a novice griefer, as a coward, then so be it, I have said my piece, and can only hope that the rest of you give me the benefit of the doubt, forgive me, and move on.

Good day
    You know what I did? I tweeted a thing that annoyed me, because that's what this thread is for (I thought. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'll use it for it's intended purpose.) I didn't point fingers, didn't mention names. I was annoyed and put a general, "Please do not do this message." Then @Shaddus pointed fingers. And the only reason why I tweeted was because you seemed unappologetic, which made me annoyed. So sorry, but not really.
  • Don't worry Unz, everyone is on a moral high ground.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • edited July 2015
    Moral of the story:
    1. Don't be dicks to novices. 
    2. Mobs will respawn in ~45 minutes so don't get so worked up over a few lines of code.

Can we move on?
  • edited July 2015
    How do people become demigods? Taking ages to get exp and I still have kiss of the fates, harmony blessing, achievement buff and truefavour. Urgh.

BONUS: A bloated parasite bends over and picks up some gold sovereigns.

You dirty thief.
    Unzareh said:

Azula said:

For one thing, what is "obvious" to you, might not be obvious to everyone. Just like how it is obvious to me that you are such an ass, and you fail to see it. The obvious means to get to the Spectre Isle for me would be to invest in a waterwalk enchantment and walk... because paying the sailor is an additional cost I might logically want to cut as a novice.

I also do not understand what you are trying to insinuate in that last statement of yours, in any case I do not like where it is headed. Please do not try to project your warped fantasies unto me. If you get off on skype for killing Loyals of Celest, it does not mean I operate that way as well.

I tried to resolve this ICly, and while I am a bit upset that Unzareh had to resort to drag this here, she at least had the balls to attempt to put some sense in me ICly.

Yes, I had a bad day, and my actions were deplorable, but for the record, it was never my intent to cause direct harm to novices. Now, if you would continue to paint me as a novice griefer, as a coward, then so be it, I have said my piece, and can only hope that the rest of you give me the benefit of the doubt, forgive me, and move on.

Good day

You know what I did? I tweeted a thing that annoyed me, because that's what this thread is for (I thought. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'll use it for it's intended purpose.) I didn't point fingers, didn't mention names. I was annoyed and put a general, "Please do not do this message." Then @Shaddus pointed fingers. And the only reason why I tweeted was because you seemed unappologetic, which made me annoyed. So sorry, but not really.

Whoa. I didn't point any fingers at all. My point was that both sides f*ck with each other and that this really wasn't a big deal besides the uneven response.
    Elodres said:

Moral of the story:

1. Don't be dicks to novices. 
    2. Mobs will respawn in ~45 minutes so don't get so worked up over a few lines of code.

Can we move on?
    I knew I married you for some reason <3
This discussion has been closed.