Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Shaddus said:
    I have this idea you have no real clue what rp Gaudiguch is supposed to have.

How Arcanis sees Gaudiguch rp

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal

Arcanis said:

You...it is just baffling how you seem to think the players in these 'goodie' orgs are actually going to give 3 fricks.... They'd be raising TBC every day in celest if the trollies knew how the frick it even works. Need to stop drinking the moonshine.

Edit: Heck, someone from Hallifax (we can all guess who) just raised Marani, not a blink of an eye. Synkarin and others were abusing the stuffing out of raising the goloths, which by your own logic should be "against their RP". No one gives a flying care...

Fun fact, I actually approached @Kaimanahi for permission to do TBC to counter Enadonella, since I can do it a helluva lot faster than she can, and was denied on the fact that it IS a banned quest, and it WOULD break our in-character treaty. Just because you and yours don't follow organisational RP doesn't mean others don't.

Also, there's no proof that anyone in Hallifax raised our dear little Marani, so there can be no repercussions against them for doing so. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:

Arcanis said:

You...it is just baffling how you seem to think the players in these 'goodie' orgs are actually going to give 3 fricks.... They'd be raising TBC every day in celest if the trollies knew how the frick it even works. Need to stop drinking the moonshine.

Edit: Heck, someone from Hallifax (we can all guess who) just raised Marani, not a blink of an eye. Synkarin and others were abusing the stuffing out of raising the goloths, which by your own logic should be "against their RP". No one gives a flying care...

Fun fact, I actually approached @Kaimanahi for permission to do TBC to counter Enadonella, since I can do it a helluva lot faster than she can, and was denied on the fact that it IS a banned quest, and it WOULD break our in-character treaty. Just because you and yours don't follow organisational RP doesn't mean others don't.

Also, there's no proof that anyone in Hallifax raised our dear little Marani, so there can be no repercussions against them for doing so. 
    Well, if she was newly raised by someone who hadn't done it before, it would probably be one of the more recent lines in their honours, unless they had a Scroll of Laurels. Someone who needs to be told how to do the quest, likely hasn't done it themselves before.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Arcanis said:
    Celina said:
    Well what I meant was not you specifically (poor choice of wording on my part) but the collective "you" as in do we really want to start itemizing a list of things that are unfair to X org. That's an exceptionally long list. Heck I've got some, I just think it's ultimately minor. Either way, if its important enough, envoy it. I'd support it. Forums complaining for change a la choke though is not really a fair avenue to change whatever it may be. 

TBC and soulforge help whoever put it up. It would just be absolutely contradictory to every other org's RP to meddle with tainty things like that, however. That is why, historically, only Mag ever does either.

I'm amazed (I don't know why) that your IC dislike of an org bleeds over into your real life so severely that you legitimately think Mags more competent at questing than Celestines. Like that's even a thing. You really are a special kind of game herpes that just won't go away. Pro tip-TBC is not a hard quest. I've done it and I never quest. Get a grip, you're actually grossing me out with how blurry you make the lines between IC grudges and OOC hate lately. 

RP restrictions have always played a part in quest mechanics, and naming exceptions hardly makes it the rule. Or even common. I don't know why the Goloths are against Synkarin's RP. 
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Spire of Dionamus only hurts Magnagora and Glomdoring? Let's discuss Paavik and Angkrag first as far as 'unfair' goes, eh? Because I'm pretty sure every time I bring those two up, I'm told that "It's been like this forever, and it's not that big a deal, so eh... shut up" Same applies to Spire. If it bothers you so much, don't go archlich/undead and you won't be screwed by it. It's not like Aetolia where curing undead requires killing an smob and that the stars align in your favour that one of the five quests that interfere with it isn't done/being worked on. Don't want to give up your mechanical perks for being an archlich? Well then.... man up and deal with the regen malus. As to spire of Dionamus deciding events like chaos/justice... logs, please.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Ummm. Shenanigans. You'll never see anyone defending Angkrag or Paavik. No one ever says it's always been that way, so let's keep it. That is simply a terrible argument.

The real problem with the Spire is that the Magnagora construct only matters if you are a Lich, so you are directly inhibited by your choices, and as the bodyscan shows, being a Lich while the spire is up actually is worse than the construct and provides an overall negative.

The only time (I can even think of) someone might justify the way Angkrag exists now is because it's possible to take Southgard and Rockholm, and then Angkrag, so in theory you can get all 3. But if you get Angkrag first, you are locked out of the other villages.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Celina said:
    Arcanis said:
    Celina said:
    Well what I meant was not you specifically (poor choice of wording on my part) but the collective "you" as in do we really want to start itemizing a list of things that are unfair to X org. That's an exceptionally long list. Heck I've got some, I just think it's ultimately minor. Either way, if its important enough, envoy it. I'd support it. Forums complaining for change a la choke though is not really a fair avenue to change whatever it may be. 

TBC and soulforge help whoever put it up. It would just be absolutely contradictory to every other org's RP to meddle with tainty things like that, however. That is why, historically, only Mag ever does either.

I'm amazed (I don't know why) that your IC dislike of an org bleeds over into your real life so severely that you legitimately think Mags more competent at questing than Celestines. Like that's even a thing. You really are a special kind of game herpes that just won't go away. Pro tip-TBC is not a hard quest. I've done it and I never quest. Get a grip, you're actually grossing me out with how blurry you make the lines between IC grudges and OOC hate lately. 

RP restrictions have always played a part in quest mechanics, and naming exceptions hardly makes it the rule. Or even common. I don't know why the Goloths are against Synkarin's RP. 

Jez...you really are an extremely narrow-sighted individual. See beyond the excuses of "It is just because he doesnt like the org!" and try to actually read a fricken comment. Your posts are almost as bad as those in your envoy reports (which let's face it, are hilariously bad).
  • Tremula said:

Arcanis said:

TBC in the past has often been used in, and wait for it...TREATIES signed between nations as a 'do not do' quest, since it hurts other nations. That doesnt mean it is ILLEGAL in the city itself to do it, just that by the treaty you shouldnt. -THAT- is what you went to for kamihamiha.

Additionally, You went to Marani to actually try and protect her from people attempting to attack her...not to mention flaunted all around about her raising and sent over 150 sketches to marcella. I doesnt take a 2-year old to figure out you raised her and are using the excuse of "I told a mysterious unnamed person someone how and they did it and disappeared".
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Arcanis said:

TBC in the past has often been used in, and wait for it...TREATIES signed between nations as a 'do not do' quest, since it hurts other nations. That doesnt mean it is ILLEGAL in the city itself to do it, just that by the treaty you shouldnt. -THAT- is what you went to for kamihamiha.

Additionally, You went to Marani to actually try and protect her from people attempting to attack her...not to mention flaunted all around about her raising and sent over 150 sketches to marcella. I doesnt take a 2-year old to figure out you raised her and are using the excuse of "I told a mysterious unnamed person someone how and they did it and disappeared".
    Actually, I went to Marani to get about 60 sketches to make twenty figurines and sell them, since this is a mob we don't see often. Defending her would require declaring people on prime and attacking them while they're trying to kill an smob, while being in the room with that smob. It doesn't take a two-year old to realise that Mag would bring 10+ and Gaudi ascendants to take her out, and I'd be outnumbered. 

And the sketches were supposed to be for you, darling, since you died twice to her, but apparently you have me snubbed. *gasp*
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    @Silvanus they changed that years ago. You can influence for Southgard or Rockholm when you own Angkrag. Glomdoring has done so many times.
    edited July 2015
    Arcanis said:
    Celina said:
    Arcanis said:
    Celina said:

Jez...you really are an extremely narrow-sighted individual. See beyond the excuses of "It is just because he doesnt like the org!" and try to actually read a fricken comment. Your posts are almost as bad as those in your envoy reports (which let's face it, are hilariously bad).
    "it is just baffling how you seem to think the players in these 'goodie' orgs are actually going to give 3 fricks.... They'd be raising TBC every day in celest if the trollies knew how the frick it even works." Seems like I read it. Seems like you think Celest, as a fake internet organization, is less capable than you at figuring out a quest than others. 

Weird how my reports have never been rejected though. Really cut me deep with that one. 
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Rancoura said:
    Also, @Enyalida, that's a pretty sweeping statement there. Some people have gaudy ideas for designs, yes, or a sense of fashion that might differ from yours, but everyone's tastes varies. Do remember that people RP characters that range all over the fashion map, from royals to peasants that are inclined to clothing from Eventru-esque garish properties to rags. And hey, even if it's super nasty to look at, it can still be creative - which is what I would argue counts most here in a text-based world. Even if you don't like it, you can still try to appreciate the effort and imagination that went into it.

That's right, it is. By and large, all of Lusternia's prose (including its designs) is more purple. I get that other people like some of the bad clothing, they don't have very good taste in fashion. That's not an accusation of inferiority or anything, it's just an observation that taste runs towards huge, purple, silken-but-gem-encrusted monstrosities in Lusternia. 
    Daraius said:
    Personally, I love reading outrageously detailed descriptions if they're beautifully written (see any of @Zyphora's clothing designs) even if I or my character would never consider wearing them. I also like designs that are simple and utilitarian, but logically and clearly presented (which tends to line up with my design sensibilities). The flow of the language is more important to me than the liberal use of SAT vocabulary, but the best designs balance poetry and precision (looking at you, most active Hallifaxian designers :x )

This. Some of the designs are great from a technical standpoint, as well as being tasteful pieces of clothing all together. You can have a dramatic piece of clothing that is written sensibly, and simple clothing that makes for clunky reading. Most of the great designs tend to be fairly private designs though, which makes me sadface. 
  • Tremula said:
    Arcanis said:

Actually, I went to Marani to get about 60 sketches to make twenty figurines and sell them, since this is a mob we don't see often. Defending her would require declaring people on prime and attacking them while they're trying to kill an smob, while being in the room with that smob. It doesn't take a two-year old to realise that Mag would bring 10+ and Gaudi ascendants to take her out, and I'd be outnumbered. 

And the sketches were supposed to be for you, darling, since you died twice to her, but apparently you have me snubbed. *gasp*

Again, wrong. Marani is loyal to the Cathedral, as is everything there, thus those inside killing would be enemies, especially if they kill the spawning guards. You dont need to declare, and you popped up when others died just to make sure to stand in the room and likely pfifth or worse.
  • Celina said:
    Arcanis said:
    Celina said:
    Arcanis said:
    Celina said:

"it is just baffling how you seem to think the players in these 'goodie' orgs are actually going to give 3 fricks.... They'd be raising TBC every day in celest if the trollies knew how the frick it even works." Seems like I read it. Seems like you think Celest, as a fake internet organization, is less capable than you at figuring out a quest than others. 

Weird how my reports have never been rejected though. Really cut me deep with that one. 

Looks like Crowcaw is going going annnnd doubt will be looked at again.
    I don't know what this means. I haven't logged on for any length of time in a week. 
    ... wait a second. Let me get this straight. Arcanis accuses Tremula of trying to defend Marani. Tremula says, "No, I did not because I did not want to declare," so Arcanis' rebuttal is... "Wrong again because you do not need to declare!"

I mean, while that is technically correct, it is difficult to support the assertion that a person was trying to defend a mob if you have to explain to them that they could have if they wanted to.
  • The most important thing I have learned from this is that most people have no idea how Soulforge targetting works and why it would be a bad idea for Magnagora to raise it.
    edited July 2015
    You know Thoros and co raised it repeatedly, but that was back when Mag could fight the world. 
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I don't think a quest that affects the same people -every time- is the same as TBC or similar. Anyone can raise them for their own benefit. Just because some orgs don't, doesn't mean they don't have equal access to it.

I also think there is a big difference between preventing people collecting bards and scholars, aka gaining extra benefits that they don't HAVE to have, as opposed to giving everyone a buff AND at the same time putting a really hefty malus on one very specific group. EVERY TIME.

Bringing outside factors like villages into the debate is counter productive.

At no point in time will the spire ever hurt anyone save Magnagora and those handful of Glom's (who as Xenthos pointed out can just avoid using that skill), no matter who raises it. At no point in time could we raise it or similar to benefit ourselves and hurt our enemies, like everyone else can.

Taking it down is tiresome, and simply means it's available for the next person to waltz in and get their curio. Magnagora used to take it down religiously (I know Leolamins would do it almost as a daily ritual, which shows how quick people are to put it back up), and it's not that we don't care enough to remove it, it's that who really wants to spend their play time removing the spire YET AGAIN, for no reward other than to remove our malus and your buff, only for it to be raised again at next opportunity?

Anyone who thinks it's isn't even mildly unfair is not looking at it objectively.

If I'm being honest, I think Magnaorans looking at a quest with mild consquences in the void absent of the rest of the "unfair" things in lusternia are actually least objective in this discussion. I mean, to dismiss things like TBC and soul forge as "accessible to everyone," which essentially implies it's acceptable to forsake cornerstone org RP in many cases to do so is really bonkers to me. I love Mag, I love a lot of Magnagorans, but the fact that the rhetoric about regen has shifted from the usual "barely noticeable/ nice bust not necessary," to hefty maluses and ascension defining shows me how ludicrous it's getting. I mean, change it if the quest is a nuisance, but let's be honest about it, it's not because your experience in lusternia is tangeably impacted by -5 regen.
    It wouldn't be as bad if doing the counterquest actually dropped it immediately, but right now when you do the counterquest you're left there going, "What now?" and there's no noticeable change for ages.  Rawari just tells you, "It's done, now you must wait!" which is annoying, too.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited July 2015
    It's a lot more impacting now than it was since it's visible and the overhaul happened. 50% is hefty. RP restrictions shouldn't factor into balance concerns though, right? Because wouldn't that be biased? Fine then, make it so only we can physically do the quest and it's easy to spam and we get curios from it, and not only do we get a buff but the rest of you get hurt, then we're looking more on par.

I'm legitimately not trying to be biased here. But it doesn't add up to me.

• Celina said:
    If I'm being honest, I think Magnaorans looking at a quest with mild consquences in the void absent of the rest of the "unfair" things in lusternia are actually least objective in this discussion. I mean, to dismiss things like TBC and soul forge as "accessible to everyone," which essentially implies it's acceptable to forsake cornerstone org RP in many cases to do so is really bonkers to me. I love Mag, I love a lot of Magnagorans, but the fact that the rhetoric about regen has shifted from the usual "barely noticeable/ nice bust not necessary," to hefty maluses and ascension defining shows me how ludicrous it's getting. I mean, change it if the quest is a nuisance, but let's be honest about it, it's not because your experience in lusternia is tangeably impacted by -5 regen.
    I imagine the complaint is there because the Spire is constantly up. It's been up since I was a novice. Nonstop, by people (Taevyn) farming curios. It's an irritant that specifically targets one minor section of the playerbase. There is no similar quest to put a malus on only the living. Even the rewards for taking down the Spire are not equal to putting it up, despite it being more difficult.

I think the regen malus does impact my hunting and makes it more dangerous for me. I don't think it's right to outright dismiss it as 'insignificant' because you personally would not be affected by it if you were under the negative impact of the Spire.

Please stop disregarding a valid complaint, and then point out other quests that are rarely done and say they are a major issue. Spire has been up non-stop since my novice days - I have not heard of this forge, but I have been able to gather bards and scholars on a daily basis, so I don't think the TBC quest has been done. A quest in constant activity cannot be compared to quests that are barely ever enacted.
This discussion has been closed.