Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    By the way. There is a cap on hull strength.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Raves for people allowing me to still have time to write plays and books and do all these great things in RP and politics! It's super fun. I'm really glad to be back and writing again after all this excitement.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    That was very awesome Serenguard rp.

Yes, I'm being terribly vague, but a log will be posted and you can see it all soon enough.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Sthai for being the bees knees and the cats pyjamas all at the same time.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Seconding @Turnus ! I knew it was going to be difficult to top our last adventures, but I was not disappointed!

Log will be posted when I get home. I would have stayed longer, but after 2.5 hours, my wife really wanted to finally go to dinner like I promised.

Thank you to the admin who helped us craft this amazing adventure on the fly! You rocked! :D
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    You lift your hands over your head and dark clouds form above you. Thunder crashes and booms, heralding forks of lightning that crack loudly and blast against the ground. You catch one thunderbolt in your hands, the electricity thrumming between your fingers like slick ice. With a cry of triumph, you wrest the lightning to the ground, where it quickly solidifies into a delicate crystal staff.

10/10
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Phoebus finally got close to a man, hubba hubba.  ;) So @Manteekan, when's our first date?
  • Phoebus said:
    Phoebus finally got close to a man, hubba hubba.  ;) So @Manteekan, when's our first date?
    Was My first visit not good enough to be categorized as a date for you Hallifaxians? Perhaps I need to be refreshed on the proper date "protocol" so that I may meet all guidelines next I visit. :D
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    .Oh gross you let that guy in the city?  8-|
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Daraius said:
    .Oh gross you let that guy in the city?  8-|
    He let himself in, and then got all stranger danger with Phoebus, haha. 
    Manteekan said:
    Phoebus said:
    Was My first visit not good enough to be categorized as a date for you Hallifaxians? Perhaps I need to be refreshed on the proper date "protocol" so that I may meet all guidelines next I visit. :D
    Generally you're supposed to give a girl some gifts or tell her she's pretty before you start getting handsy.  [-X
  • Thanks to @Saoirse for helping me close the gorgog rift. Novices can now roam in peace.
  • edited July 2015
    Manteekan said:
    Phoebus said:
    Generally you're supposed to give a girl some gifts or tell her she's pretty before you start getting handsy.  [-X
    Have you tried hairpins? I hear that works real well. @Manteekan
  • Drocilla said:
    Manteekan said:
    Phoebus said:
    Have you tried hairpins? I hear that works real well. @Manteekan
    That's a fantastic idea, @Drocilla! Where did you ever come up with such genious? :P
  • Rave to @Renthur @Tremula and @Maligorn for excellent team work.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Yay, events post mention.

What I don't understand: Why did @Manteekan pose as a Hoaracle worshiping Serenwilder to convince Glomdoring to attack Serenwilde, instead of just... appearing as Manteekan saying that he had a plan to attack Hoaracle? Am I missing something, or is it just because it was funny to trick people.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Not sure about the glom side. But he posed as a Hoaracle follower to Serenwilde to get us to help gather the items for him.

Though my curiosity is that he didn't actually get the final item - the doe. If that would have made a difference, I got the feeling afterwards it was planned he would be interrupted by Maylea first.

Also yay my own events reference... As the one leading the Serens tricked by him. GG :(

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • It's always funny to trick people!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited July 2015
    Haven't read the events post yet, but he told Glomdoring from the beginning who he was (we helped him make the hermit body so it was known from the moment it appeared). We also got to help him put together the framework for the ritual to trick Serenwilde with.

Edited to correct a phone-typing-error.

• Xenthos said:
    Haven't read the events post yet, but he told Glomdoring from the beginning who he was (we helped him make the hermit body so it was known from the moment it appeared). We also got to help him put together the framework for the ritual to trick Serenwilde with. Edited to correct a phone-typing-error.
    Ohhh. That makes way more sense.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Arimisia said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Akyaevin said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Lavinya said:
    So I've never empathed during a proper fight before. OMG my hands are still shaking. CoE might be massive but it was still so hairy. Blown up modules, everything on critical, aeon coming at me....the panic was real. Big raves to @Arimisia for keeping us alive, without her giving me tips on the fly we would have died for sure, big hull or not. For those firing at us, we got down to under 10k hull. Hairy. Exhilerating. Exhausting. /collapse
    A max hull amount should really be implemented. That thing is utterly ridiculous. I kept saying we should ram and board you guys too. :P

EDIT: Although the one time I rammed a ship, I couldn't board in any way.... so eh.
    Successfully ramming makes an entrance from the ram module to a random room in the target ship. So on CoE you'd either need to be very lucky or hope that the crew doesn't have monos.
    Which also makes the ramming module useless with giant ships. That should probably be changed to show up at grid/chair/other module.
    if we are talking about ramming, if I rammed you with my big ship you should just get smashed to bits, boarding needed. And my grid/chair and all that, are not on the outter part of the ship it is centered so, there is that too :p
    That's assuming you know how big a ship I'm flying now, isn't it? And like I keep saying, ship hull needs to be limited or turret shots need to be made to hit for % of hull rather than a paltry minimal amount. Congratulations, you have gold. Believe me, I do too... if I poured my gold into Gambit, I'm pretty sure I'll have more hull than you do, but I strongly believe that the current situation with no maximum hull is a load of crap and so am not going to do so.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited July 2015
    Oops, this is raves not tweets.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Vernal set finally completed. This is raveworthy.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited July 2015
    Elanorwen said:
    Arimisia said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Akyaevin said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Lavinya said:
    So I've never empathed during a proper fight before. OMG my hands are still shaking. CoE might be massive but it was still so hairy. Blown up modules, everything on critical, aeon coming at me....the panic was real. Big raves to @Arimisia for keeping us alive, without her giving me tips on the fly we would have died for sure, big hull or not. For those firing at us, we got down to under 10k hull. Hairy. Exhilerating. Exhausting. /collapse
    A max hull amount should really be implemented. That thing is utterly ridiculous. I kept saying we should ram and board you guys too. :P

EDIT: Although the one time I rammed a ship, I couldn't board in any way.... so eh.
    Successfully ramming makes an entrance from the ram module to a random room in the target ship. So on CoE you'd either need to be very lucky or hope that the crew doesn't have monos.
    Which also makes the ramming module useless with giant ships. That should probably be changed to show up at grid/chair/other module.
    if we are talking about ramming, if I rammed you with my big ship you should just get smashed to bits, boarding needed. And my grid/chair and all that, are not on the outter part of the ship it is centered so, there is that too :p
    That's assuming you know how big a ship I'm flying now, isn't it? And like I keep saying, ship hull needs to be limited or turret shots need to be made to hit for % of hull rather than a paltry minimal amount. Congratulations, you have gold. Believe me, I do too... if I poured my gold into Gambit, I'm pretty sure I'll have more hull than you do, but I strongly believe that the current situation with no maximum hull is a load of crap and so am not going to do so.
    I'm going to have to call shenanigans on the whole "I'm not adding to the hull because I'm opposed to OP things on principle." If that were the case, we wouldn't have manadrainomancers!

Rave: Internet by next Wednesday. I will return to grief Seren, cause let's be honest, this whole peace for Maeve thing is TRES TRES BORING.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Celina said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Arimisia said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Akyaevin said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Lavinya said:

I'm going to have to call shenanigans on the whole "I'm not adding to the hull because I'm opposed to OP things on principle." If that were the case, we wouldn't have manadrainomancers!

Rave: Internet by next Wednesday. I will return to grief Seren, cause let's be honest, this whole peace for Maeve thing is TRES TRES BORING.
    Unfortunately, we've been strictly ordered (both sides, I believe), by Divine Mandate, to not attack each other over the Maeve thing. Though this whole Manteekan event has certainly soured things :P .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Wouldn't be the first time Celina has defied a god. 
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Celina said:
    Wouldn't be the first time Celina has defied a god. 
    WOULD YOU DEFY THE GODDESS WHO GAVE YOU AVATAR?! *aghast*
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

edited July 2015
    BECAUSE SHE GAVE ME AVATAR.

She knew what she was getting in to. My thirst for power is not a secret. 
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Celina said:
    BECAUSE SHE GAVE ME AVATAR.

She knew what she was getting in to. My thirst for power is not a secret. 
    msg @Emar halp, Celina is hungering for power.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

This discussion has been closed.