QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    You cease wielding a glowing purple quill in your right hand.
    You begin to wield a bloody ear in your right hand.

throw ear s at shedrin
    Your vision blurs as your target suddenly shifts away from you, causing you to lose track of your target.

Wow, cheater. Not even in the same room and he still dodges it.

• Leolamins said:
    (The Crux): You say, "And I just discharged Arcanis.....because I could."
    I like you already :D
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Leo my new favorite Glom.
  • You scent at the air, your skilled nose picking up the faint traces of others in the surrounding
    area.
    Yvonari: 5211            grasses beside Moon River
    Inigomontoya: 871        entering the Moon River valley
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • He's looking for the six-fingered man. @Gabriella.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Salome said:
    He's looking for the six-fingered man. @Gabriella.
    That's what I was thinking he'd say to me when I popped up and went to determine why he was wandering away from home (Magnagora). Luckily, (Or sadly, not sure) he did not make any reference to his father, or preparing to die.
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • edited August 2015
    Move along, move along, nothing to see here.
    --------
    --------
    edited August 2015
    I accept appointments and walk ins. 

edit: I never get those kinds of threats. :(
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited August 2015
    Oh, I've got some real doozies from last night. My favorite?

16) Marcella: "I will rip out Salome's guts and fashion a sheathe out of her appendix, tear her eyes out from the inside, through the mouth, and force you to copulate through the eye sockets using the blood as grease until you shatter her skull."

Granted, she did kill me. So bravo. Gotta work on my curing. But I win, Rancoura.
  • So this is what Marcella is like without a leash. Eesh.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Holy crap

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Synkarin said:
    Holy crap
    Like I keep telling people... I'm a saint in comparison. :P

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.

• Elanorwen said:
    Synkarin said:
    Holy crap

Difference between RP vehemence and general spite,compared to sending a random insult to someone and then snubbing them. Kierstin comes to mind.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Arcanis said:

Elanorwen said:
    Synkarin said:
    Holy crap

Difference between RP vehemence and general spite,compared to sending a random insult to someone and then snubbing them. Kierstin comes to mind.
    Difference between my character calling your character a name... and Marcella telling several players to go kill themselves OOC-ly. That RP vehemence though.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited August 2015
    Elanorwen said:
    Arcanis said:

Elanorwen said:
    Synkarin said:
    Holy crap

Difference between my character calling your character a name... and Marcella telling several players to go kill themselves OOC-ly. That RP vehemence though.

That's a general meltdown, and dont worry I made sure to snub you first years ago to avoid it, but from what I heard recently, your personality has yet to change. Let me just tag @Kierstin for some little evidence pulling.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited August 2015
    Arcanis said:

Elanorwen said:

There is absolutely a difference between RP vehemence and RL vehemence. We have ample historical evidence that in this case there is a great deal of RL vehemence to it, so that renders your point moot.

I think we can just let the quote stand for itself, we do not need to have ten pages of Quotes thread arguing about it.
  • Xenthos said:

Elanorwen said:

There is absolutely a difference between RP vehemence and RL vehemence. We have ample historical evidence that in this case there is a great deal of RL vehemence to it, so that renders your point moot. I think we can just let the quote stand for itself, we do not need to have ten pages of Quotes thread arguing about it.

Players get devoted to their games, this is a natural phenomenon over time, I would find it hard to believe if any long-time player in Lusty said they have no emotional attachment to their characters and are not affected by things that occur to them. Thus any player will show both vehemence as well as favoritism both IC as well as OOC.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Is that @Phoebus?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Just as a FYI, I wasn't upset, or anything like that. I found it hilarious how she managed to keep the language clean while still getting the intent across. I just figured if we're sharing crazy ol'Marcy quotes, I was going to win the thread.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    She is rather creative. That's a plus

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.