Lusternian AMA

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    @Ushaara: Why won't you let us set you up with a Pavok?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Isune said:
    @AllPlayers What are your favourite quest steps or puzzles? Or puzzle types in quests? Not the quest itself as a whole, but maybe just one part or stage of it? 
    That's actually a difficult one. I enjoyed most of the quests that I've done ( Xion made me really aggravated at the timing, still I figured it out together with someone else and we had a lot of fun doing it, even though we spent way too much time on it and it reset in my face about three times or more), but for puzzles... I think I really like things like HIghwater, where you have to talk to the different npcs, find things to give them and figure out who's the culprit, but am a fan of most of them, the only part that sometimes makes me sad is if you run out of time because the interface is a little hard to put into, but I've gotten better at scripting, so Mudlet to the rescue.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Things I love about quests:
    -Lore x10000. This is really the only reason I do quests.
    -Straight forward instructions with straight forward syntaxes. The worst thing is when I don't know if a quest is bugged or I'm just missing an important step that wasn't clear.
    -As far as puzzles go, logic puzzles are among my favourite because they do require some thought but don't involve having to input a million commands like in Sudoku or Tower of Hanoi (to be honest I script these)
    -I'm also liking the trend of newer quests to record progress.
    -Not overly long. Quests that take are designed to intentionally take more than one reset of mobs are frustrating, especially if they don't record progress.

Quests I really like:
    -Syxyl
    -Gem of Crys
    -Project Red Dynara
    -Queen Serelyn
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    edited February 2017
    Daraius said:
    @Ushaara: Why won't you let us set you up with a Pavok?
    Real reason is I'd feel bad for whoever it was, especially if they actually wanted some rp with it, since I'm barely active.

IC reason: ask Zyphora, ha!

(Pavok would be the preferred family though)
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Actual Footage of a Non-Hallifaxian Entering the @Ushaara Reality Dating Show:

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Can, uh... Can I get on this Bachelor contest gig, or is that limited to Ushaara?
  • Isune said:
    @AllPlayers What are your favourite quest steps or puzzles? Or puzzle types in quests? Not the quest itself as a whole, but maybe just one part or stage of it? 
    I like mastermind puzzles, Towers of Hanoi, sudoku!
  • @Hoaracle, I'm really fond of the fleshpot rooms in Gaudiguch, actually. Also, the meat-bridge in Magnagora, and I know it's not technically part of Glomdoring, but there's a room of wilted, frozen flowers in Manteekan's realm that I love. So those are my three favorite rooms for my three characters.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Isune said:
    I really really like the generator puzzle in the asylum. I also enjoy logic puzzles and mastermind puzzles. 

• @Isune, I also really like the generator puzzle in the Asylum. That said, I cannot stand the "light up" puzzles, if that makes sense (like the one you do as part of the Glom epic? I made Narynth do that for me, because nokthnx.) I also really like puzzles where I have to find things and put them with the right people.
  • I guess I'll participate, @Breandryn.
    Chief Mag PR officer
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    @Sthai: you have a second character with a pretty amazing accent. Do you actually type it all out yourself, or do you have some sort of code to do it for you?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Chances are if you're single and someone wants you to move to Hallifax, you've been approached with the offer of "You can marry Ushaara!"

This may have happened to me, multiple times.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• @Shaddus It's all invented on the fly.
    Chief Mag PR officer
  • Isune said:
    Yodel is my favourite. >_>

But I really like hanoi and other puzzles that aren't too hard to physically replicate cause sometimes I do that to solve them.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sylandra said:
    Question for everybody: is there a player you think you'd have fun interacting with, but never have really gotten to know in-game? Why would you get on? Why haven't you yet?
    Drocilla. Shaddus has never actually interacted face-to-face with Drocilla, just in passing. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Sylandra said:
    Question for everybody: is there a player you think you'd have fun interacting with, but never have really gotten to know in-game? Why would you get on? Why haven't you yet?
    From the Gods? I'd say @Hoaracle and @Lisaera. I'm playing a Seren so there's a good chance of that yet happening. It hasn't happened yet because of my hiatus, in part. The other part is... well, I haven't seen the new Hoaracle yet is one reason. The other reason, regarding Lisaera, is because I'm a dolt.

From the players? Gee, I don't know. That's tough. The characters that were around back when I played aren't the same as the ones who are running around now. I'm not sure. Maybe @Lavinya. She looks like she's a great RPer and I think that there might be some obvious tension that exists between our two characters that could at least help Selenity grow a bit in her breadth as a character. Selenity hasn't had many people really challenge her yet or actively show distaste of her for any reason.

As for why we haven't... besides my gigantic time walking away from Lusternia and even thinking I'd never be able to come back, I'm pretty sure we don't have times that overlap for being logged in. I'm in NYC and I believe she's in Australia, so... yeah.
    @Sylandra asked: is there a player you think you'd have fun interacting with, but never have really gotten to know in-game? Why would you get on? Why haven't you yet?

@Lavinya came to mind for me as well. She seems to be into tea and decorum, and I don't even get the impression that she's all that evil. As for why we've never chatted, it's mostly to do with Daraius being wary of foreigners (he's gotten better), and me being a social recluse. The days I feel like I can RP in an even remotely compelling way are few and far between, so a lot of times I barely venture out to RP with the folks I'm already perfectly comfortable with.  :/ 

@Sylandra: same question!
    I used to make cakes.

Daraius said:
    @Sylandra asked: is there a player you think you'd have fun interacting with, but never have really gotten to know in-game? Why would you get on? Why haven't you yet?

@Lavinya came to mind for me as well. She seems to be into tea and decorum, and I don't even get the impression that she's all that evil. As for why we've never chatted, it's mostly to do with Daraius being wary of foreigners (he's gotten better), and me being a social recluse. The days I feel like I can RP in an even remotely compelling way are few and far between, so a lot of times I barely venture out to RP with the folks I'm already perfectly comfortable with.  :/ 

@Sylandra: same question!
    Have we RPed together before? If not I'd add you onto my post too. I don't know if we're on at the same times either, and Hallifax is evil to navigate.
    edited February 2017
    Selenity said:

Have we RPed together before? If not I'd add you onto my post too. I don't know if we're on at the same times either, and Hallifax is evil to navigate.
    Trying to be vague, but I'm pretty sure Daraius exchanged letters with one of your characters, which left him with a pretty bleak opinion of forestal bureaucracy.  >:)
    I used to make cakes.

Daraius said:
    Selenity said:

Trying to be vague, but I'm pretty sure Daraius exchanged letters with one of your characters, which left him with a pretty bleak opinion of forestal bureaucracy.  >:)
    A letter doesn't count! :: Shakefist :: If you're on later tonight when I get home I'm going to RP the crap out of you. I don't know with what yet, but when I figure it out...! When I figure it out you're going to read, yes sir, you're going to read SO much. ( <3 )
  • Is there a player you think you'd have fun interacting with, but never have really gotten to know in-game? Why would you get on? Why haven't you yet?

@Cyna comes to mind. We have interacted IC once, but Nelras's character makes it difficult to look for RP with people in enemy orgs, particularly Magnagora. Likewise, there was no reason for him to seek further interaction.

The same goes for anyone else in orgs opposed to Hallifax, it is just hard to find IC reasons to interact.

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited February 2017
    To be fair, if not for the fully-opposite-sides-of-the-coin and trying-to-kill-each-other-all-the-time bits, I feel like an RP session between @Aramel and Rancoura would be fairly interesting, particularly since we could be considered each other's rival. In a sense.

Edit: I would actually probably also enjoy roleplaying with any bona fide Hallifaxian, but too much IC animosity for that to happen right now, unfortunately. :(

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight