Lusternian AMA

Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Hoaracle said:
    @AllPlayers - what is your favorite room in your respective nations? 
    The room near the Windwhisper Gallery that's just one really long sentence.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Between a roc and a hard place.

Klangratch's Teapot
  • Hoaracle said:
    SD champion's room, it had a hanging mortal sized cage in it which I don't think most SDs ever noticed or knew existed. SDs were always regal and poised and reverent, but in the bowels of the guildhall behind closed doors, they had slave/torture cages. 

Or the Queen's room. There's like a foyer one north of it that I would use for really dramatic entrances. I'd lock the door, and then I'd only grant them entrance when they had waited for a few minutes. It's the little things that made me love being Queen of the Night.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Fave room: MD tower's 'a grove of apple trees in the night gardens'. The aesthetic of Moondance Tower - white tower in an enchanted forest - was a lot of what made me stick around in the early days.
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • Also, a bunch of the random mountain rooms that are just lovingly described but usually overlooked
  • Shuyin said:
    Between a roc and a hard place.
    I always used this room to find the roc area when I used to farm Tosha
  • Arix said:
    Also, a bunch of the random mountain rooms that are just lovingly described but usually overlooked
    Agreed. We all got very aware of our mountain rooms since the Jungle Curse event (and relatively recently, when a player typoed tons of rooms that we didn't notice had some formatting errors via our prog cleanup). 
  • Hoaracle said:
    "An Ancient Shadowed Grove" I feel like the Strongleaf tree entrance doesn't count :P 
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited February 2017
    @AllPlayers: Which Divine would your character follow if the one they currently follow didn't exist and why?
  • Hoaracle said:
    The top of the Black Tower, there's a couple special ambients in that room that just make it feel special.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Falmiis said:
    @AllPlayers: Which Divine would your character follow if the one they currently follow didn't exist and why?
    Having actually been in this situation, I would say that I'd probably wander aimlessly from order to order
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited February 2017
    Favourite Room: Either the one in Shevat area overlooking the Matrix, or the observatory at the top of Onyx.

Which divine: Tosha. (Real answer is @Hoaracle, 'cause dreams yo.)
  • Falmiis said:
    Manteekan if I stayed in Glom, Isune if I left.

Manteekan seems like such a troll and always up to mischief, the very very rare times I've seen him rolling about the Basin. I've always had it in mind for Dylara to be a Trickster, and many animals associated with tricks and jokes have been incorporated into her established background. 

Isune's just kinda awesome and artsy.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Falmiis said:
    @Lisaera, though as orderless it's something I should work on heh.
  • Falmiis said:
    @Manteekan He's a delightful weirdo. 
  • Hoaracle said:
    Transcendental Aviary is the first that comes to mind in Hallifax. Outside, I'd say a cacophony of hummingbirds.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Hoaracle said:
    Ethereal Serenwilde - Icebound forest buried beneath infinite starlight.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    To @Hoaracle 's question: The grasses beside Moon River because of the stone circles and all the exceptional RP I've seen there (and because the stones appeared there as a direct response to player action). And Tokota's hilltop, for the same reason.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Falmiis said:
    @Isune, because art, birds and roses.
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Ev doesn't follow any Divine, and doesn't ever plan to.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Falmiis said:
    Well, seeing as Selenity was booted out of Darvellan's order because of the order affinity issue (WHY DOES THIS STILL EXIST WHY!)... Darvellan. Secondary... maybe Hoaracle? Not sure. I'd say no to Lisaera or Maylea because of reasons I don't want to get into - they're lovely RPers and awesome divine, but... things - ... so of the ones around... yeah. Darvellan -> Hoaracle. Unless Hoaracle wants to fight for grabbing Selenity. Then he'd win pretty fast.

(not worth it, Hoaracle, don't do it)
  • Falmiis said:

Hoaracle said:
    [for some reason, on mobile, quotes go funky, sorry!]

I have several favourite rooms! But .. I can narrow it to two.
    -Ancient tree in the night gardens in the Moondanc Tower, its where Anita performed her first ritual (prayer to the far)
    -the Ellindel Memorial. Though I don't go there often, it's a lovely place. 

As for the Divine... Anita first followed Hoaracle and I would probably go back to Him. Only, I have no clue what changes he went through because he's definitely different to the one she left, and it all happened while I was on a break from Lusternia so even player-me doesn't really have a clue. Beautiful realm is gone replaced with new beautiful realm so it seems all odd. That said, if she didn't go to Hoaracle, it's more than likely Maylea!

• Fyler said:
    Oooh I'll play! I'm Celina/Cyndarin in case you have signatures hidden. BE NICE. I have feelings too. I keep them in a box in my closet.
    When do your feelings get to come out of the closet, so to speak? : ^)

Real question: What was your favourite interaction with Viravain ever?

• Hoaracle said:
    The Shevat Chapel.
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.

• Hrm, it probably boils down to the stones, their history, and some other things that are a bit unique.

The stones feel pretty unique to me, they strike a nice balance between being vague and also offering enough specificity that people generally come to the same place. 
    The before time is the connection to every aspect of the world (cause we're connected to yudhe through dynara and then back into everything else), the broken/spiritual unity was/is the harmony of all spirits (now broken because of the taint), the past is the importance of maintaining a truthful connection to our history (directly opposing false memory), the present connects to all aspects of the "hartstone" at that time (not just the members, but the grove, the white hart, etc, could also include any followers of the Hart potentially, it depends if you consider them stag teachings or hartstone), the moon stone the connection to the forest (we're not alone, can't do it alone, every Seren makes us stronger, but it's not just the people, it's every living part of the forest), and the blank/future which connects to the unknowable path ahead (we don't know what's coming, we just need to do our best to set things up right.)

When they've been fully explored, it's less about a "Combatant" path or a "Lore" path, though some of course lend themselves to one or the other. Each stone has reasons for people to fight, things that should be protected, the broken stone is the typical combatant stone but it can be for vengeance, to protect what remains, or to try to repair the unity that was.

There's also this interesting concept about how the broken stone broke (cause it wasn't confirmed last time I was in the HS), the possibility exists that the tainting of Raven caused it to shatter without any physical action breaking it. So breaking them by destroying what they represent is, theoretically, a possibility.

The history is also pretty neat, the Hartstone are the reason for the two wars Serenwilde has been directly involved in, afaik. In the Nature Wars it1 was them that launched the attacks, they weren't just going to sit idly by, they decided to go out and protect nature. The Civil War also started with them. We didn't succeed and bad stuff happened as a result (bit of an issue I have with all of Serenwilde really) but doing stuff like growing the bridges across the road was awesome.

The other stuff I guess, the Hartstone is probably the only place that really enables the rp of eschewing construction and working with nature to provide what we need, the potential for a Sylvari/Telvanni aesthetic is not really present elsewhere, which makes it so much more interesting to me. If anyone has read the Witches of Eileanan, I absolutely love Meghan's tree home from the first chapters.

Earlier on, maybe not so much now, there was more common/prominent rp around the destruction of nature meaning the death of the fae that lived there. Which for me really drove home the distinction between the cities and the communes and lead into some neat potential stuff like... Serenwilde is the best because we try to connect to the greatest creation of Dynara, mortals are imperfect and that's why we need to listen to the spirits guidance, because they're more directly tapped into the world and all the connectivity stuff from the stones translates into an attempt to try to achieve that perfect state of communion.

I guess part of it is that we know a lot about the world and how it works, but they're kinda chasing one of the things that's still mysterious.

aaand, longpost/rambling now >_< It's a lot of stuff that I guess is in bits and pieces but probably would need to manifest more as a Stag Cult after factions drop.
  • Hoaracle said:
    I have two rooms, but this is my favorite because I am eternally biased.

The Warlord's office, because it's as stark and plain as I've ever known it. There is a room, there's an undying plant in the corner, a basic desk, and some windows. It's everything I've ever wanted it to be and completely pregnant with the -potential- for each inhabiting Warlord to make it their own. It's perfect for what it is.
    (Magnagora): Thax says, "My truest favour to the soldier that brings me the weave of Neos."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Oh, since it was asked, I like designing jewellery, honestly, and tailoring designs. They're the 'High Fashion' sort of designs and I like playing around with that concept and applying it in interesting ways. I'm actually really, REALLY fond of a design my not-so-secret alt made for Beauty its first or second? year.