Lusternian AMA

Comments

• My first character was back in the hazy days of when Lusternia first opened, I had joined Serenwilde with my then boyfriend, I think I was a Hartstone, as being a druid has always appealed to me. The character didn't last long, and it got purged.

My greatest bits of mischief I've been involved with  has always been in regards to the Eye of Dylara arc from ages ago. It's kinda followed me, even after I took a hiatus for several years to focus on school.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Apologies in advance for this not being targetted, but.

@Everyone

Lusternia: The Movie gets announced, and you get to cast your own character(s).

Who plays you, and why?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Soo, a bit late to the party, but sure, sign me up. AMA

What to when seren blows up? Uh... as most people know, I had points where I considered leaving Serenwilde ( not currently, but in the past ), so I'd probably go back to Celest (simply because I don't feel Hallifax's RP resonate with me and aeldra would never break with her parents. Otherwise, I'd probably also consider Gaudiguch).

@ixion How do you keep finding all those quests? I'm not even sure I've seen a quarter of those you mentoned and I'm always looking to find new quest starter points. I suppose I need to get out exploring more again... or maybe read event posts again, but still.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Karlach said:

@Everyone

Who plays you, and why?
    Kate Beckinsale. Give her a flurry of plum-hued tresses and she'd be perfect.
  • My first character was an Elfen Moondancer who later became a Serenguard (and is still around....sometimes).

• Maligorn said:
    Okay, here's a question for all of you people, though not relevant to everyone. What was your first character on Lusternia, ever? For some, it's the same one they still play on. For me, it was a lucidian Aquamancer that promptly got purged. My first real stab at it was a trill Harbinger, though.
    >.>

My first character was a faeling Moondancer. Her name was Bau. You may have heard of her once or twice if you're an older player. She was a moody little git who refused to use contractions in speech.

Movie Tamsin is easy. Rachel Skarsten. The whole image of Tamsin was stolen from Tamsin in Lost Girl.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Movie live is a whole lot of cgi, not sure who he's voiced by, but possibly Ashleigh Ball.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Everiine was my first Lusternian character. Though he was named after a elf character from a very short lived D&D campaign.

Who would play Ev, hmmm.... Tom Selleck? Sir Ian McKellan? If it's just voice, Paul Mercier.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited February 2017
    My first character was/is (she's around still sometimes) a faeling Moondancer who went Shadowdancer, Aeromancer, Geomancer and back again. She was a Zayah before we were a great house.

Movie Ulalah? Eva Green. I actually hate that actress, she's terrible, but she has the right drama to her face and probably would do Ulalah well. Voiced by Ellen Greene, though, definitely. A la Little Shop of Horrors. (Ulie is obnoxious.)

Movie Pash? Kate Moss. I know. She's a model. But she's wispy and has killer cheekbones. She'd just need bigger lips and eyes.

Movie Drauzgot? Gwendoline Christie. I think that's an obvious choice for a passably pretty female orclach.

@Shaddus. Do you prefer playing male or female characters.
  • edited February 2017
    Lavinya said:
    @Rideta just how drunk are you when you log in, on average? ;)
    This varies from day to day >.>

When I take larger steps in administration than normal, though, I'm usually a few drinks in. I was drunk as heck when I actually made my post and ran for WL, for instance! :smiley: 

@Maligorn
    My first character was an Igasho Serenguard! Spooky.
    (Magnagora): Thax says, "My truest favour to the soldier that brings me the weave of Neos."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    @Falmiis: I'm working on this too, slowly. I'm at 96 and 75% and it builds day by day, but see the response in Divine AMA about fish tea.

@Maligorn My first character was repeatedly a Moondancer raccoonkin. He got purged three or four times because I'd log in at school, go through Shallamar, then get home and forget about him before I could register. Eventually I managed to make a foxkin that stuck though.
  • edited February 2017
    I'll play. AMA.
    Maligorn said:
    What was your first character on Lusternia, ever?
    Elfen Moondancer named Aramel - things that have remained surprisingly constant in the last 10 years.
    Karlach said:

Who plays you, and why?
    Probably Caitriona Balfe. She doesn't look exactly like I imagine my character, but she has the right demeanor for it. 
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • For Saran... Hale Appleman maybe for a younger version or Donald Sutherland maybe for an older one?

We're all kinda weirdly in young bodies afaik, so Hale might fit the youthful looking but incredibly old in the inside?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Karlach said:

@Everyone

Christopher Walken.
    @Shaddus. Do you prefer playing male or female characters.
    Yes.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Oh! Missed the movie question. I go back and forth on this but the actress I think could really capture Sylandra's personality would be Jun Ji-Hyun. She could easily go from scheming, to vulnerable, to confident, to annoyed, and to silly without breaking a sweat. She also has the best expressions.

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Ah, I forgot about the actor question. I'd choose Louise Brealey because her portrayal of Molly is a bit similar to how I picture Thy. 
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I is here in the event there are questions :p
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Enyalida said:
    I is here in the event there are questions :p
    What's your favorite thing about Serenwilde?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sure, what can go wrong. I'll play.

In this day and age, I think movie Ejderha would be CGI, but voiced by Michael Dorn.

If Serenwilde blew up? Tough call. Ejderha is a strange mix of wild and logical, I could see him moving to Hallifax ("If I can prove the world must return to a wild state, surely they will listen?") or break bad for Glom. The other factor is that Ej is *incredibly* loyal (which is why I am glad I reincarnated to Lobo), so he might be swayed by the direction of a few people he has on pedestals.
  • Ciaran said:
    Karlach said:

Let's just say you're not the first person to come to mind as that guy.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Who are these nobodies. 

Shu is in.

Will go down the list later.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    @Enyalida
    @Saran

What are your favourite parts/flavours/things in the Hartstone that you wish everybody knew?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Shuyin said:
    Who are these nobodies. 

Shu is in.

Will go down the list later.
    @Shuyin - What was your most hilariously-awkward RP situation? Also, most hilariously-awkward fight situation?
  • So this thread and the Divine one blew up while I went to uni :open_mouth:

I'll guess I'll sign up too! (will go back and look at other questions for everyone and maybe answer some)
  • I used to go to the library and play In 30 minute increments, I can't remember any character names but more often than not I just made a new one. Always in Serenwilde and I think always a moondancer. I remember having to rush guild orientations because the timer on my session was almost up. 

Also AMA!

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Sondayga said:
    I used to go to the library and play In 30 minute increments, I can't remember any character names but more often than not I just made a new one. Always in Serenwilde and I think always a moondancer. I remember having to rush guild orientations because the timer on my session was almost up. 

Also AMA!
    @Sondayga - What would you say was the most character-defining event to happen to Sondy involving other players? (i.e. not backstory you came up with, something you RPed with other people!)
  • edited February 2017
      @Selenity said:
    @Sondayga - What would you say was the most character-defining event to happen to Sondy involving other players? (i.e. not backstory you came up with, something you RPed with other people!)

I am by far not a very good RPer, but I'm always working on it. Its more the little events that have happened over the years than any one big event I can think of. Pressuring Tredian into becoming GC before me and other little family matters. There were significant moments that happened during IronHart alliance where Fain ordered someone (Winae?) to kill off the Elfen for helping defend Nil. Being rescued from Astral by Hinagar and Lisaera. The marriage and courting of Lleuke, which I never thought I would end up doing in the game, and countless other 'mini' moments that I was able to contribute to.  

I wish I could think of something bigger or more impactful, but really I don't do well with remembering things longer term. After reading through this thread I think I am really going to start making notes and putting them somewhere. :grin: