Lusternian AMA

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What's with the pickle cupcakes, Arix.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    @Breandryn I've thought about what it would take for Everiine to leave the Serenwilde. At one time, he was an enemy of Moon, Hart, Moondancers, Hartstone, and @Lisaera, and he weathered that storm. He was executed by Bandrui and still stayed. I'm not sure anything would make Ev voluntarily leave.

The only path I currently see for Ev to leave the Serenwilde is if the Moonhart Circle kicks him out or Bandrui exiles him. And even then, he'd not join another org, but instead probably just live in the Hifarae Hills and "go native" among the centaurs for good.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Shaddus said:
    @AllMortals: you wake up to the following message from Estarra.

"We're in need of fresh blood in the Havens, but don't want to have to send out another eph call.  You're in. You have 24 hours to come up with a new God, minor backstory and rp, and pick an org that your main character isn't in. Go."

WDYD?
    Kaenalye, "lost" (possibly dead) sister to Maylea, because I had a nice giggle when I came across that name.

Also, AMA.
  • They were the counterpart to the pickle platter. A pickle-themed item that was completely innocuous in spite of appearance, as opposed to the pickle surprise platter
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'm game, sure.

Also, @Shevats, was there a point when the family or members thereof were going 'I don't know about this green fox guy..." or a point since his actual adoption where palms have met faces?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Luce said:
    I'm game, sure.

Also, @Shevats, was there a point when the family or members thereof were going 'I don't know about this green fox guy..." or a point since his actual adoption where palms have met faces?
    Are you asking if you've ever embarrassed or shamed House Shevat? Ahaha.

I mean, let the Shevat who has not ever been ridiculous cast the first e-stone. It certainly won't be Sylandra.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Luce said:
    I'm game, sure.

I can't really speak for them, but until our lucidian to other-race ratio isn't favourable anymore (i.e. we stop getting the good breeding honour tick), then it's not ever going to be an issue. Daraius is the one who totally shattered the lucidian/trill only Shevat system, though I don't think it was ever really enforced.

And frankly, Maligorn does what he wants. So you were probably going to be a Shevat anyway.

• @Ixion, do you ever have moments in your questing where you're so frustrated you just drop the quest? As in, is it just sheer perseverence, or some sort of questing voodoo that allows you to figure them out?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Maligorn said:
    Luce said:
    I'm game, sure.

I can't really speak for them, but until our lucidian to other-race ratio isn't favourable anymore (i.e. we stop getting the good breeding honour tick), then it's not ever going to be an issue. Daraius is the one who totally shattered the lucidian/trill only Shevat system, though I don't think it was ever really enforced.

And frankly, Maligorn does what he wants. So you were probably going to be a Shevat anyway.
    Daraius was adopted pretty early on and has made no secret of promoting racial diversity. He may or may not have advocated for certain adoptions of certain cute furry Hallifaxians. :3

Luce's incurable bachelor status is the only point of shame that comes to mind.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited February 2017
    Riluna said:
    @Ixion, do you ever have moments in your questing where you're so frustrated you just drop the quest? As in, is it just sheer perseverence, or some sort of questing voodoo that allows you to figure them out?
    Yes, on occasion. Honestly, certain easier ones tend to mess me up nice and good. The Estelbar one wrecked me and took forever- overthinking things to a fault. Sometimes I take a break from it, and give it a go with fresh eyes/brain. It's hard to know when someone has scooped something vital, or messed something up, whether you are even doing the right thing, and so on. Sometimes the quest is just broken and you really need an understanding to even do a worthy bug report.

There is one quest out there (not publicly available) that has honestly defeated me, as in I know what it would take to do it, but I don't really have it in me to invest that much if I could even finish it in the first place. It's not the end of the world, everyone should have that white whale task that keeps them moving.
  • I'm game.
  • Sounds fun, joining.
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • @Sylandra please explain the subtleties of your bird fetish.

@Daraius how did you become the tea commander of the north?

@Riluna is there something holding you back from getting unenemied to your allies?

@Chirbo do you still play a character? (Beloved Chirbo, the Scarlet Paintbrush (Male Demigod).//He has cut his thread from the Tapestry of the Fates.)

• @Breandryn I'll sign on, this looks fun.
    (Magnagora): Thax says, "My truest favour to the soldier that brings me the weave of Neos."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ixion said:
    @Sylandra please explain the subtleties of your bird fetish.
    There is no subtlety or subtext to my trill-ness. There is only text. (Ilu, birds. <3)

In seriousness, I became a trill actually because I was introduced to Lusternia years ago when Hallifax came out. The person who introduced me wanted to play in Hallifax because it was new and shiny, I didn't want to play alone elsewhere because I'm rather slow on the game learning curve, and trills seemed to suit my play-style more than lucidians.

But if I had gone on my gut impulse I would have been a squirrelkin in Celest in the Cantors. :D
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @Luce and @Sylandra: Which one of you will get demigod first?
  • Okay, here's a question for all of you people, though not relevant to everyone. What was your first character on Lusternia, ever? For some, it's the same one they still play on. For me, it was a lucidian Aquamancer that promptly got purged. My first real stab at it was a trill Harbinger, though.

• @Maligorn Hrm, Baltare or Illyrian, a little aquamancer was my first I think.
    Saran was my second MD, I remember re-rolling because back then you had like two weeks or something to get a credit bonus on your first purchase >_>
  • My friend from Aetolia told me to come play with him in an evil fairy tale forest, so I made Sadhyra, a bard in Glomdoring, about 6 or so years ago. But I forgot pretty much everything about mechanics, so I was basically a newb again when I came back on Breandryn.
  • I guess, for everyone. What's your favourite bit of mischief that your character has been involved in?

Because of nostalgia right now, mine is probably the time that Serenwilde had a tailor who was rather loudly anti-nudity and there was a couple of people that might have gotten together and filled his manse with paintings and statues of a naked individual >_>
  • My first character was an aslaran Paladin, because I mained a paladin in vanilla WoW. Naturally, I had no idea what I was doing, and died to a black rat, then decided text games weren't for me and quit playing forever.

Stratas doesn't get up to mischief much, so probably his favorite mischief moment was when Adalgiso came to Glomdoring, and I recited lewd poetry for him.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    My first character ever was a merian aquamancer who was the daughter of Thoros and Athine La'Saet.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2017
    Man, that's like 3 4 aquamancers so far.

• Saran said:
    I guess, for everyone. What's your favourite bit of mischief that your character has been involved in?

Brainstorming up a how to train your dragon care for your swan manual with @Aramel to spice up a gift egg for @Falmiis. It was fun thinking of stuff to add in there and we both got to design pretty things.
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • edited February 2017
    Maligorn said:
    Okay, here's a question for all of you people, though not relevant to everyone. What was your first character on Lusternia, ever? For some, it's the same one they still play on. For me, it was a lucidian Aquamancer that promptly got purged. My first real stab at it was a trill Harbinger, though.

Not sure what the name was, but it was definitely an merian aquamancer, when aquamancers were still 'good' I guess. The prospect of being able to breathe water as a character was attractive at the time, since I missed playing a selkie from another mud that had recently gone under.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Maligorn said:
    Okay, here's a question for all of you people, though not relevant to everyone. What was your first character on Lusternia, ever? 
    My first character was an elfen Moondancer of Serenwilde, made the day the game opened. I still have her, too, though she's changed a lot down the years, and I don't play her much anymore. I'm not good at establishing alts; out of my various attempts since then, Thayan's the only one that took hold enough to become a major character. 
  • Ixion said:

@Riluna is there something holding you back from getting unenemied to your allies?

Both IC and OOC reasons. ICly, Riluna doesn't really view them as allies. Though the culture of "Fireseren" hasn't really been a thing for a long time now, that remains the best way I can describe her political personality. From the early days in Gaudi, and especially anchored by her role in founding the Illuminati, the Moondancer ethos she grew up with has become pretty heavily warped and self-serving. Though in a more self-serving way, Ril does still hold to those tenets, and to this day abhors all things Taint/Wyrd. Without a clear and compelling profit in doing so, she's usually not inclined to seek more favourable relations with them.

OOCly, I also don't play anywhere near the degree I used to. The meds I need for my health issues can really mess with me sometimes, especially the painkillers. Even when I manage to play these days I'm often not really in a state where productivity is a priority. The rare times I've decided to be pragmatic and seek unenemying, I have a hard time coordinating with a single person to resolve one status, let alone trying to connect with the leader of every single guild and order I have to reach. I've tried from time to time.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."