Lusternian AMA

Comments

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Sondayga said:
      @Selenity said:
    @Sondayga - What would you say was the most character-defining event to happen to Sondy involving other players? (i.e. not backstory you came up with, something you RPed with other people!)

I am by far not a very good RPer, but I'm always working on it. Its more the little events that have happened over the years than any one big event I can think of. Pressuring Tredian into becoming GC before me and other little family matters. There were significant moments that happened during IronHart alliance where Fain ordered someone (Winae?) to kill off the Elfen for helping defend Nil. Being rescued from Astral by Hinagar and Lisaera. The marriage and courting of Lleuke, which I never thought I would end up doing in the game, and countless other 'mini' moments that I was able to contribute to.  

I wish I could think of something bigger or more impactful, but really I don't do well with remembering things longer term. After reading through this thread I think I am really going to start making notes and putting them somewhere. :grin:

You happen to be friends with a just-returned-to-the-game bookbinder, if Sondy isn't one. And now I feel like Selenity is a drug dealer with the drug of choice being different books. But this was still interesting to see. You should post some logs the next time you get a real good RP-session going in game! Thank you for sharing. :smile:
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Shuyin said:
    Who are these nobodies. 

Shu is in.

Will go down the list later.
    What's your favorite thing that you've ever designed?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited February 2017
    Breandryn said:
    @everyone - Guys, we messed up at Ascension. The Soulless are coming and we're pretty much doomed. How does your character spend their final day of existence?
    Sitting with all her friends (only leaving to find honeycombs and make honeycakes) and give them the honeycakes. Mmm..Honeycakes.

Karlach said:
    I'll play.

Open question to the others in this. Your org blows up tomorrow and isn't coming back, ever.

Where do you relocate to in game (or choose to stay rogue) and why?
    I would possibly bring Anita to Hallifax, if they'll let her. Failing that, she would most likely go back to Glomdoring (again, if they'll let her). Hallifax is somewhere where she'd like to be, for the atmosphere and their ideals, and also the people. It's all very interesting. (did I mention the amazing designs?!) but, a bit of her heart is also still in Glomdoring, but that is not known ICly and will probably never be told to anyone. She doesnt know much about the other orgs to want to move to them.

Maligorn said:
    Okay, here's a question for all of you people, though not relevant to everyone. What was your first character on Lusternia, ever? For some, it's the same one they still play on. For me, it was a lucidian Aquamancer that promptly got purged. My first real stab at it was a trill Harbinger, though.
    My first character was an elfen Hartstone in Serenwilde. I think she was more of an introductory character to the world of text-games for me, I never really clicked with her. I've had two 'mains' after her, but then I made Anita. I've had other Alts since I made her, but always come back to Anita. I can't imagine not playing her now.

(I think I missed some everyone questions, oops)

edit: apparently some sentences were missing 
  • Also, forgot to add, AMA. I'll try my best to answer!

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)

• Aeldra said:
    Soo, a bit late to the party, but sure, sign me up. AMA

What to when seren blows up? Uh... as most people know, I had points where I considered leaving Serenwilde ( not currently, but in the past ), so I'd probably go back to Celest (simply because I don't feel Hallifax's RP resonate with me and aeldra would never break with her parents. Otherwise, I'd probably also consider Gaudiguch).

@ixion How do you keep finding all those quests? I'm not even sure I've seen a quarter of those you mentoned and I'm always looking to find new quest starter points. I suppose I need to get out exploring more again... or maybe read event posts again, but still.
    Assume every single events post has a quest or new rooms, or both. Investigate accordingly. QUESTS ALL is also a nice starting point.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Oh, did I need to type AMA? If so, AMA. 

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited February 2017
    @Sylandra (and anyone who cares to answer!): Do you have a particular approach to designing (e.g. outlining, drafting, focus grouping) or can you just spin ideas off the dome? Do you find certain trades more inspiring than others?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Lavinya said:
    What's it going to take for Shaddus to steal you from Silvanus
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Lavinya said:
    What's it going to take for Shaddus to steal you from Silvanus
    Mudwrestling, probably.
  • Oooh I'll play! I'm Celina/Cyndarin in case you have signatures hidden. BE NICE. I have feelings too. I keep them in a box in my closet.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Let me know if I missed your name for signups (in the first post).
  • The org question: Probably Hallifax if I could get in, otherwise I might wander around awhile as a rogue

The movie question: Arix would have to be CGI, but I imagine him sounding like Chris O'Dowd or Ardal O'Hanlan (Thermal Man/the Younger priest from Father Ted)

Favorite quest: Estelbar. I even have a dedicated spreadsheet to solve it in logic puzzle format.

First character that stuck around was Arix, when Lusternia initially opened for open beta or whatever I made a completely forgotten elfen, played for like ten minutes and then logged out. Then later I came back and made Arix.

---------------
    @everyone: What was your favorite piece of divine interaction?
  • Lavinya said:
    I am also unsure of this. AMA I suppose.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• TBH, you don't really need to, it just makes it easier for people to scan the first post to see if there are people in particular they have questions for.
  • edited February 2017
    In a movie, I'd have to go with Helena Bonham Carter. She's the only one I'd trust to capture the range and nuance Ril has developed over the years. Also, she's great at playing lunatics.

My first Lusternian character was the uninspired, uncreative Mina, a Nihilist. I tend to "evil" characters most of the time, but learning then that "good" vs. "evil" is not the driving conflict got me hooked enough to try. But it still took three years and a couple dozen characters to really settle down anywhere. IIRC, this Riluna is actually my third attempt at a Riluna.

My favorite divine stuff has to be @Maylea's bumbling dodo bird, Shashi.

New question @everybody - When you first started playing, was there a particular player or players that influenced your sticking around?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • New question @everybody - When you first started playing, was there a particular player or players that influenced your sticking around?
    Oddly enough, Munsia when I first started. And several of the earlier Serens, many of whom have faded into the past
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I may have asked questions of people who are not yet participating. Oops.  :#
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Riluna said:
    New question @everybody - When you first started playing, was there a particular player or players that influenced your sticking around?
    Oh gee, this is many years ago for me, but what kept me coming back to the game was always the players, whether they RPed divine or mortals. No matter what stage I've been at in my life, there always seems to be somebody there to be your friend and to genuinely care about you and be excited to see you log in and RP with them. It's what kept me coming back. It's actually what brought me back again even though I'm having different problems health-wise. Knowing that my old friends might still be playing, that I might be able to meet new people and make new friends, people who are just happy to see you logged in and are sharing in the experience that is Lusternia with them... why not come back?

So for me, no, no specific player brought me back, but the collective players did.
  • Riluna said:

Vathael brought me here from Achaea, and brought me into the d'Murani family. My big influences were Fain, Linaeve, Ranadae, Morvoir, Veonira, and @Sthai. Then I got involved in PK and it was Thoros, Shikha, Lyco, and Vathael. 
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Why am I not your inspiration 
  • Feel free to AMA.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Breandrynnnnn you missed me in the signup post.
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • edited February 2017
    Shuyin said:
    Because beastweb+pinleg is not inspirational. It is rage inducing. 
  • Shuyin said:
    #NoSiddNoWin
  • Shuyin said:
    Remember when I first got Glamours and made the Shuyin Squad?
  • @AllPlayers - what is your favorite room in your respective nations? 
  • Hoaracle said:
    @AllPlayers - what is your favorite room in your respective nations? 
    Seren's treehouse.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Hoaracle said:
    Tie between The Bridge of Torment or the top of the clock tower.
  • Hoaracle said:
    The Gargling Pixie