Descriptions: From Divines to Mortals, and Beasts, and Items, and Mobs, and Places!

Comments

• Could I get Rowena's description?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I'm still looking for the geomancer staff/magnum descriptions. Actually, all mage weapon descriptions would be appreciated if people want to share.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    @Aruin:

Rowena Nightshade is a stunningly beautiful elfen woman. Her raven locks are as dark as pitch and her skin is as pale as bone. Her lips are bright red and glisten, parting to reveal perfect white teeth. Her almond eyes are dark violet, glittering coldly and cruelly, penetrating into all those before her. Clinging to her curvaceous form is a dark black dress that moves of its own accord around her body, made not of cloth but of animated shadows.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Psh, that's not her -real- desc.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Maligorn said:

Psh, that's not her -real- desc.

Next time she goes crone, I'll drop that one as well.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Thank you @Eritheyl

And it's the one I wanted, I was reading the taint wars and she went all Galadriel with the ring.

Soon all will be under the
    Presence. And I shall be a Queen in this new order. All shall bow
    and serve me--for am I not as beautiful as I am terrible? Am I not as
    powerful as I am glorious? Am I not Rowena Darkshade, Mistress of All
    She Surveys! I will spread a twisted forest that will choke the Basin
    of Life. It will be called the Glomdoring Forest -- the Forest
    without Mercy!

• @Portius:

p staff
    Carved from a single piece of ebony basalt, the staff radiates a heat so intense the air in its 
    immediate vicinity flickers visibly. Its surface is smooth and flawless, utterly devoid of any 
    decoration or adornments save for the two tips. At the bottom one, the staff flares out slightly, 
    becoming thicker and allowing for a secure stand. Near the upper tip however, the staff splits into 
    four pieces of stone that fan out and wrap around a flaming sphere, holding it securely in place. 
    Shining a dark crimson, the sphere shifts continuously, appearing more like a thick fluid barely 
    contained in its current form. Flames of bright red leap from the sphere every so often, making it 
    the centre of a fluid, ever changing dance.

p cannon
    This handheld cannon has been fashioned from smooth, curved sheets of burnished, gleaming gold, an 
    aureate shimmer granting the weapon an almost sensual blush that detracts from its otherwise 
    disastrous purpose. A ridged handle is host to a hooked trigger, barely discernible among numerous 
    twisting pipes and tubes that wind from the compact back of the apparatus to the fore. The muzzle 
    itself is a broad, hemispherical opening, its innards charred and blackened from use, while the 
    faint, acrid scent of accelerant clings to the cannon in a cloying, nose-wrinkling haze.

• Geo staff: 

The staff is made of a dark, petrified wood with blood red striations coursing through its length. 
    The staff is twisted as though the petrified wood has been tortured and tormented. Putrid crystals 
    grow out of the staff, looking like scabrous boils. The crystals pulsate with a gangrenous green 
    glow, and the staff itself is tainted and radiates a diseased aura.

Geo magnum:

The dreaded magnum blastworks consists of a collection of thin iron tubes which have been stretched 
    and twisted into an interconnected and jumbled collection. Several tubes run away from what appears 
    to be the back of the blastworks, allowing Geochemancers to attach it to their iron tanks. A sturdy, 
    square iron handle rises from its top, so that the blastworks will lie along the lower side of its 
    user's forearm, extending well in front of the position of the hand in order to prevent damage due 
    to accidental explosions at the front of the blastworks. The front simply ends in a single, much 
    larger iron tube which has been flared outward to allow the fumes to be expelled to explosive effect.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    The Shevat Gallery beautification project edges one step closer to completion.

Laying marble blocks one on top of each other, Vivet carefully studies Daraius. Then, in a flurry of 
    artistic dynamism, she chips away at the marble, spraying shards everywhere. She does not stop until 
    she has created a statue of Daraius, which you must admit captures Daraius's inner beauty and spirit 
    admirably.

He is a ferocious loboshigaru demigod and is the picture of untroubled tranquility, his upright 
    bearing seemingly traced in a soothing aura of solemn dignity and effortless serenity. His stalwart, 
    athletic frame is covered in lustrous beryl-hued fur that shines softly with subtle nuances of amber,
     honey, saffron, and cream with every brush of ambient light. Unblinking eyes the colour of 
    burnished gold, inscrutable in their gaze but warmly radiant with steady aureate lambency, gaze 
    benignly upon the world atop a bewhiskered canid muzzle tipped with a leathery black nose. In the 
    midst of performing a martial arts kata, he stands poised with his broad shoulders thrown back and 
    floppy ears pointed alertly, his fur sleeked by an unseen breeze. His bare digitigrade feet are 
    solidly planted in a wide stance, with the left leg stretched behind and the right leg stepping 
    forward with knee bent for stability and strength. Echoing the balance of his lower body, his left 
    arm is drawn back and angled close to his core, his right arm thrust straight ahead in a fluid yet 
    forceful motion, arm level and clawed fist firmly clenched. Even his bushy white-tipped tail sweeps 
    outward in a supple curve, further contributing to the overall harmony of steadfast rigidity and 
    flowing grace that characterizes the loboshigaru's noble mien. He is wearing an engraved ring of 
    gold and beryl, a twining wolves wedding band, a crisp, long-sleeved white shirt and finely tailored 
    black dress trousers.
    It has 760 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 375 pounds.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Primus Vivet Pavok.
    It has the following aliases: statue.

Credit to @Irillia for making the most badass version of Daraius (and for inspiring my first ever artisanal). :x
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    p squonkabonk
    Warts and blotches cover this enormous mewling calf, a pox upon the many folds of skin that make up 
    the infant squonkabonk. Four stout limbs curl up within the creature's body, merely the wrinkled 
    toes peeking out from within the fetal pose of the beast. Putrid golden tears drip from the corner 
    of each bulbous black eye, filling the air about the fae with the scent of rancidity. A constant 
    whimper fills the air about the disfigured critter, the piercing cry shrill to the ears. A 
    shimmering stasis field surrounds the infant, protecting it from any harm.
    It weighs about 187 pounds.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Bralki Redtooth, of the Frozen Altar.
    It has the following aliases: squonkabonk, calf.
  • Manteekan in all His footless glory.

He is a radiant immortal and He rubs His needlelike fingers togther as He gazes sternly from behind 

His icy, pale eyes. Hanging in the air like a veil of fine mist, His presence is nothing more than a 

chill upon the skin. Transparent flesh is pulled taut over His frail, bony frame, while alabaster 

strands of hair billow behind Him, whipping frantically through the air as if caught in a constant 

gale. Chin tilted to the sky, He stands with an arrogance not afforded to Him by His form. A ghastly 

aura hangs about Him, manifesting in a cool fog that gathers at His feet, the miasma roiling like an 

impending storm. He is wearing billowing robes of a chilled mist and a torturous noose of thorn and 

vine.

• Tarkenton said:

p squonkabonk
    Warts and blotches cover this enormous mewling calf, a pox upon the many folds of skin that make up 
    the infant squonkabonk. Four stout limbs curl up within the creature's body, merely the wrinkled 
    toes peeking out from within the fetal pose of the beast. Putrid golden tears drip from the corner 
    of each bulbous black eye, filling the air about the fae with the scent of rancidity. A constant 
    whimper fills the air about the disfigured critter, the piercing cry shrill to the ears. A 
    shimmering stasis field surrounds the infant, protecting it from any harm.
    It weighs about 187 pounds.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Bralki Redtooth, of the Frozen Altar.
    It has the following aliases: squonkabonk, calf.
    But that name.
    A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Daganev said:

Manteekan in all His footless glory.

He is a radiant immortal and He rubs His needlelike fingers togther as He gazes sternly from behind 

His icy, pale eyes. Hanging in the air like a veil of fine mist, His presence is nothing more than a 

chill upon the skin. Transparent flesh is pulled taut over His frail, bony frame, while alabaster 

strands of hair billow behind Him, whipping frantically through the air as if caught in a constant 

gale. Chin tilted to the sky, He stands with an arrogance not afforded to Him by His form. A ghastly 

aura hangs about Him, manifesting in a cool fog that gathers at His feet, the miasma roiling like an 

impending storm. He is wearing billowing robes of a chilled mist and a torturous noose of thorn and 

vine.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

Daganev said:

Manteekan in all His footless glory.

vine.

Way too corporeal I think :D
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited April 2015
    My shield finally went through!

a midnight great shield depicting a caliginous dance

Easily matching the height of even the tallest viscanti, this towering armament is made of heavy, dusk-coloured metals masterfully forged together into a large, asymmetrical shape that is curved on the top with spikes extending at various points along the edge. Curved in a shallow dip, leather straps covered with silk serve to loop around the arm of the wielder, an unadorned handle of eventide steel placed as a hand hold just off the edge of the piece. The front of this shield accounts for the heavy metal, however, as it is carved in a small watch of shadowy birds, eight in total. Each spike has been meticulously sculpted into the tip of a wing, the larger bearing the mighty pinions of nighthawks while the smaller hold the more delicate feathers of nightingales. Captured in quite an artistic pose, they soar and dance about each other, held in place in their orbit around the viscanti maiden in the centre of the shield. She is set into the shield itself and carved from the purest lapis lazuli, her finery clinging tight to her body in the
    tempest that surrounds her, though her face remains hooded. Arms held out with palms up to embrace those who would come within range, the startlingly lifelike woman glows with a gentle effulgence.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    So Tark's wedding present finally matured.

A fuzzy peach squonkabonk stands here amidst a pool of putrid tears, fleshy growths protruding out from the many flesh folds along her back.

A mass of fuzzy peach skin, the squonkabonk is a horrible malformation of the smaller squonk, making the tiny, hideous fae quite attractive in comparison. Warts cover every bit of the poor creature's form, from her bulbous, stumpy tail, to the swollen maw upon her face. Beneath the protruding flap of flesh upon her brow, the fae's innocent powder blue eyes glimmer, providing the only beauty afforded to her otherwise grotesque figure. A constant stream of putrid tears falls steadily down the beast's cheeks, pooling in a puddle about her that fills the air with the scent of all things foul. Protruding out from amidst the puckers along her back are fleshy growths which shift about as she waddles around on her four stumpy legs.

Eh, not really in love with it.  Let's keep it on its current diet and try zimoru.

A freckled white squonkabonk stands here amidst a pool of snotty tears, bloodied barbs protruding out from the many flesh folds along her back.

A mass of freckled white skin, the squonkabonk is a horrible malformation of the smaller squonk, making the tiny, hideous fae quite attractive in comparison. Warts cover every bit of the poor creature's form, from her bulbous, stumpy tail, to the swollen maw upon her face. Beneath the protruding flap of flesh upon her brow, the fae's innocent powder blue eyes glimmer, providing the only beauty afforded to her otherwise grotesque figure. A constant stream of snotty tears falls steadily down the beast's cheeks, pooling in a puddle about her that fills the air with the scent of all things foul. Protruding out from amidst the puckers along her back are bloodied barbs which shift about as she waddles around on her four stumpy legs.

Mmm.  Would be nice if I lived in Mag I think.  Let's try again.

A supple lavender squonkabonk stands here amidst a pool of bloody tears, pus-filled pustules protruding out from the many flesh folds along her back.

A mass of supple lavender skin, the squonkabonk is a horrible malformation of the smaller squonk, making the tiny, hideous fae quite attractive in comparison. Warts cover every bit of the poor creature's form, from her bulbous, stumpy tail, to the swollen maw upon her face. Beneath the protruding flap of flesh upon her brow, the fae's kaleidoscopic eyes glimmer, providing the only beauty afforded to her otherwise grotesque figure. A constant stream of bloody tears falls steadily down the beast's cheeks, pooling in a puddle about her that fills the air with the scent of all things foul. Protruding out from amidst the puckers along her back are pus-filled pustules which shift about as she waddles around on her four stumpy legs.

And there's our winner.  Believe that all these spawned from a meat/fish/eggs chemset pill.

PS: Plz, plz, plz Estarra.  Infini-zimoru.  Just to save me having to waddle down to the artifact shop.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited May 2015
    How do you get one of those? :O

NIKKA IS WANT.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Quest in Wydyr.
    Make sure you bring about 625k.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Am I doing this right?

He is a sinuous illithoid and stands at an imposing six feet two inches, with a wiry athletic frame. Dark blue-green skin stretches over his taut muscles, in some spots mottled almost to black. His skull is devoid of any hair or crest, the only notable features being a pair of pale yellow lidless eyes with slitted black pupils, and a hideous maw punctuated on each corner by barbed mandibles. When he opens it there can be seen four large serrated fangs, at rest they fold back and retreat into fleshy sheaths, but when he yawns they extend fully, their needle points jutting menacingly outward. His sternal mouth is less gruesome, though lined with dozens of smaller fang-like projections. From within it, the head of a black eyeless serpentine creature sometimes emerges: a horror that is little more than chitin, muscle, and a gnashing set of jaws.

• Alendel said:
    Am I doing this right?

He is a sinuous illithoid and stands at an imposing six feet two inches, with a wiry athletic frame. Dark blue-green skin stretches over his taut muscles, in some spots mottled almost to black. His skull is devoid of any hair or crest, the only notable features being a pair of pale yellow lidless eyes with slitted black pupils, and a hideous maw punctuated on each corner by barbed mandibles. When he opens it there can be seen four large serrated fangs, at rest they fold back and retreat into fleshy sheaths, but when he yawns they extend fully, their needle points jutting menacingly outward. His sternal mouth is less gruesome, though lined with dozens of smaller fang-like projections. From within it, the head of a black eyeless serpentine creature sometimes emerges: a horror that is little more than chitin, muscle, and a gnashing set of jaws.

I think illithoid tend to be short and lack mandibles, but I like predithoid!
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • As for the height, I saw somewhere, can't find it now for the life of me, an NPC illithoid who stood at 6'4".
  • edited May 2015
    Then they're a fairly tall illithoid, imo. The usually-probably-accepted standard for height is roughly 6" per point of size stat, but of course that's subject to points beyond the mean and the fact that size considers weight as well.

Nothing wrong with your stance, still. I like my illithoid like I like my coffee: tall, dark and primed to destroy me first on a psychic level.
    A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."
  • So in average illithoids would be five feet? You and your imperial measurements.
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
    My newest design went through so fast I didn't even have time to put it in my signature!

Nearly translucent, the lapis lazuli gemwork of this vial has veins of gold running through the surface that appear molten when liquid is present within. A medley of nocturnal flowers are present in the gilded lines, eventide jasmine and night-blooming water lilies next to evening primrose and the delicate blooms of moon flowers and night gladiolus. The dark blue of the lapis surrounding these golden illustrations is riddled with flecks of lighter gold, silver, and starry inclusions, indigo swirls throughout painting it in colours similar to the dusky sky. The belly of the vial is shaped like a plump hourglass, the top sphere narrowing towards the lip, where a cork of black wood keeps its
    interior secure. A soft chain of silver links, flecked with beads of lavender glass and gems of labradorite, sways from two rings attached to either side of the mouth, allowing the vial to be hung from the wearer's belt or satchel.

"chalice168878"                         a gilded chalice of champions (filled with blood)

p chalice
    Brightly polished gold and elaborate gems render this chalice more ornament than functional liquid bearer. Engraved around the outer surface is a fine replica of the Magnagoran skyline, lofty towers and the graceful arch of the Necropolis encrusted with rubies and onyx. Most notable of course is the Megalith of Doom, rising ominously to pierce the fog shrouded sky. Two curled handles have been attached to each side, allowing the chalice to be firmly gripped and showed off with great pride. The base of the chalice curves down to the stem, which has been sculpted as though threaded with tooth-edged cogs, three in a row at different points in revolution. The stem broadens to a steady base, around which are inscribed in bold text the words, "Magnagora Bloodfaire Champion, 413CoE".
    It has 18 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 1 pounds and 4 ounce(s).
    Blood sloshes about in it.
    It has the following aliases: chalice.

I LOVE IT. 

• For some reason, it really reminds me of Sweeney Todd. I like ittt.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    That's because you want to drink out of it and murmur, "God that's good."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I had stuff prepared for the Festival of Thorns 2 but I don't think Glom had enough people when I attemped it(again). That chalice looks amazing. :)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• So Glom has a thing like the Blood Faire?? Is now excited!