Descriptions: From Divines to Mortals, and Beasts, and Items, and Mobs, and Places!

Comments

• @Siam...this one?

A majestic crystal  model stands in the centre of the hall, its slow rotations mimicking the movement of the planes.

This majestic crystal model is a truly dazzling piece of construction, consisting of a  representation of the planar system of Lusternia. In the middle is a great white sphere, in which a scale representation of the basin has been constructed, around this centre model, many other spheres revolve, all of which bear a representation of the plane they symbolise inside the glass sphere. The spheres themselves have been engraved with names and notes that detail their movement in reference to the other planes. The spheres have been mounted on shining extensions that attach to a complex mechanism that slowly revolves the many spheres. Among the spheres, many small crystals can be seen, signifying small bubbles that have broken off larger planes during creation, twirling around greater planes like little satellites. A great dark band of about an inch wide encircles the complete structure, signifying the astral rim that surrounds Lusternia's planar complex. It weighs about 500 pounds. It has the following aliases: planar, model.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Thank you, @Enadonella!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Would anyone care to share the descriptions of backstage areas of non-Hallifaxian stages? 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited February 2015
    An enclosed glade.
    Soothing shades of blue light shimmer through the air, cast from a healing shrine of Maylea nearby.
    Large snowflakes fall from the heavens. Curtains of leafy vines to the northwest and southwest act
    as a sort of scrim, allowing those here to watch performances happening in the adjoining areas while preparing themselves to join into them, or provide musical accompaniment. Protruding tree branches act as hooks to keep costumes handy for quick changes, while hollows in the ground or in tree branches keep other items at the ready. The area is a little cramped, though not so much one couldn't do some stretches; and the close, thick overgrowth provides some shelter so sound won't carry far. Far overhead can be seen the walkways of the Spiritsingers' private quarters, the thin rails of wood swaying back and forth in the trees. A set of spectral chimes shimmers in and out of vision here. Watching you warily, a silver-furred vixen sniffs the air. Reaching up as high as the eye can see looms the awesome presence of a living totem. A mature oak tree stands proudly here.
    You see a single exit leading southwest.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited February 2015
    I would appreciate the description for Geomancer staff, please. Also for the magnum.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • For the first time, full disclosure of my pimped out manse.

On top a gigantic violin.
    Banks of clouds roil about here. The entire floor of this room has been covered 
    in crystal clear stainless glass, allowing the view of the massive twenty foot 
    instrument beneath it. Covering the entire length of the manse, the strings are 
    as thick as an Igasho's arm due to the size and the string board has several 
    identifiable and unidentifiable types of wood varnish giving a healthy glossy 
    shine. The violin's belly is coloured a deep auburn , with the fingerboard and 
    tailpiece jet black as they connect the strings and keep them tight, leading up 
    to the pegbox containing four gigantic pegs: a ruby one, an amber one, a clear 
    glass one filled with different fish and a clear glass one with stormy winds 
    inside, trying to get out. The F-holes of the violin are big enough to look in, 
    and various marine life can be seen inside composing of sharks and smaller 
    varieties of fish. The water is calm and a deep clear blue. The furniture is 
    arranged to the sides, the room square and allowing quite a big gap of nothing, 
    the floor below the violin covered in a gigantic mosaic representing the inner 
    sea full of sharks, kelpies, dolphins, and a male and female aquamancer enjoying
    the sea together hand in hand as they frolic through the waves. There are 3 gem 
    clusters in a group here. You see a sign here instructing you to use the PORTAL 
    command to enter the aetherplex system.
    You see exits leading up and down.

A frozen clock tower.
    Large and square, this room is made of gold and steel that has been frosted over
    in thick layers of ice. The regal coloured materials still display their colour 
    through the ice, the northern part of the room taken up by the inside of a 
    gigantic clock face. A shadowed outline of a spire filled city can be seen 
    through the faint yellow face of the clock. Silent and still, the clock's hands 
    are in a reversed position showing 9 o clock from the other side. Frozen 
    eternally, the gears on the inside of the room give no movement whatsoever, some
    cogs composed purely of ice. On the east and west side are two long rectangular 
    portraits of regal looking frost trills, the paintings extending to the previous
    floor, only their upper halves visible. With a glare on his face, the Eastern 
    frost trill stares daggers at it's opposite portrait, identical in all ways 
    except it's expression which is grinning maniacally. The border of the paintings
    go through the floor to the next room, cutting off the painting's image. As a 
    makeshift carpet, salt and sand has been layered in a wide path leading up to 
    the throne and allowing a strong grip for anyone who would approach it. Bustling
    about with good cheer, a simple house maid dusts her surroundings.
    You see a single exit leading south (open door).

The White Horse Aquarium.
    Banks of clouds roil about here. Forty feet across all directions, this room has
    walls made entirely out of glass. In the middle stands a magnificent marble 
    white statue of a rearing mare, the detail impossibly perfect, from the hair on 
    it's tail to the smooth white coat covering the majority of it's body. The water
    on the east side gives off a purple hue, full of a variety of quiet fish 
    including trout and salmon. The colour segues seamlessly into the blue of the 
    northern side, the water containing different types of sharks, the ghost ones 
    dominating in number. Continuing in a rainbow colouring around the room are a 
    variety of different containers with different marine life. An large blue 
    octopus remains by itself in the south wall, a myriad of blues moving across the
    water's surface calmly. The western fish tank has a crudely carved castle out of
    rock the size of a krokani, goldfish darting in and out of the different holes. 
    Coarse rainbow coloured sand lines the bottom of the entire aquarium. A great 
    white shark moves through the air in the room, completely ignoring everything 
    around it, looking docile for such a great beast. Light reflects off the marble 
    statue giving it a fluorescent dreamlike appearance. It is oddly silent. A 
    simple but grand set of a large table and two cushioned chairs rest in the 
    middle away from the shark, a good view of the aquarium all around. Bearing a 
    series of clarion bells, a fine rack of varnished rosewood hangs upon the nearby
    wall.
    You see exits leading east, up, and down (open door).

A deserted military outpost.
    Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky. 
    Almost a part of the farmland itself, this military outpost wasmeant to be a 
    strong fortress of stone. Instead, the walls have fallen to time and decay while
    weeds reach high outside and inside the building, the low light coming in 
    showing it's a slightly foggy mid-day. No sounds can be heard naturally, no 
    animals or rustling wind, the inside kept cool by the drafty wind. Through one 
    of the lookout windows on the ground floor, the Red Rooster barn can be seen in 
    the mist, the windows of the tavern on top visible. A dusty stone floor is cool 
    to the touch, everything making the fortress serenly eerie, desolate but safe. 
    Tattered curtains on the windows and broken stone benches show people once lived
    here, abandoning the outpost for some unknown reason to let the wilderness 
    retake it. Two entrances have stone steps leading down from the raised stone 
    platform it has been built on. The cornfield to the south shows the only 
    movement in the entire landscape.
    You see exits leading north, southeast, south, southwest, and northwest.

An ice filled wine cellar.
    Barrels of various size lay on their sides on massive racks of steel that is 
    cold to the touch. The trapdoor leading to the up has frost threatening to break
    it's hinges, a chilly steel ladder giving the means of descent. Ice covers the 
    ground completely, but sand has been layered to make several paths safely to 
    certain kegs. Some are dusty, even among the ice, and on the rest of the roof 
    there hangs a net supporting various empty barrels that smell strangely of the 
    salty sea air. Opposite the stairs is a sconce of a muscly trill with its arms 
    outstretched, only the top half of it's body visible. A stern expression is on 
    its face, while one hand is outstretched with the palms up, and the other holds 
    an elegant wine glass filled with a liquid that coruscants between different 
    varieties of liquids, the only small sign of life amongst the cold emptiness 
    everywhere else. A steel and gold plague beneath it reads: Command and conquer 
    with class and style. Precious metals gleam from veins in the stone.
    You see exits leading up (open door) and down (open door).

An ice filled mining warehouse.
    Banks of clouds roil about here. Causing your breath to crystallise in the air 
    from the cold, the room is entirely covered in frosted ice around the walls and 
    roof. A banner untouched by the cold hangs near the back of the room with a 
    muscular trill extending his arms across the material, with the words 'Sinclair 
    Spirits and Storage' written across. Crates are stacked up high to create an 
    uneven collection of towering storage. Words like 'meat', 'fruit' and 'fish' are
    scrawled across various containers to show their contents. A box has spilt from 
    the top and fruits such as bananas and strawberries having tumbled out to freeze
    against the cold floor. Frost covers all the boxes except for some which have 
    had their lids pried open. A collection of shovels by a wall the method for 
    opening the boxes, frozen in place. The odd creaking of wood fills the room 
    every now and then. Crystals glitter buried amongst the living rock.
    You see a single exit leading up (open door).

I need to give descriptions to the other rooms.
  • Would anyone care to share the descriptions of backstage areas of non-Hallifaxian stages? 
    A cluttered chamber behind the curtains.
    Although this chamber is easily as spacious as the theatre room further north, various wooden constructs take up the majority of its space, ready to be pushed out and serve as stage decorations at a moments notice. A heavy curtain falls to the north, obscuring the stage and theatre opening up beyond it. Towards the back of the chamber, a second black curtain sections off a small part of the room, allowing it to be illuminated brightly with rows upon rows of candles to give the actors the best light to prepare for their performance. 
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Daraius said:

Would anyone care to share the descriptions of backstage areas of non-Hallifaxian stages? 

Behind the stage.
    The light from flickering candles is soft, barely chasing away the shadows that lurk in the cluttered corners of the backstage. Mirrored dressing tables are stained with makeup, and bits of costumery spill out of oak chests that line one wall. Numerous racks hold sumptuous articles of clothing, and a rack of immaculate shelving contain various small props. Carpetting of a deep sapphire and wooden walls painted a brilliant crimson add some warmth to the otherwise dark and cold atmosphere. A bright, resinous aroma wafts through the air, only just covering the underlying stench of death that lingers in this area.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I was going to share ours, but then it made me cringe when I saw the errors and awkward phrasing. I think it may not have been updated when the rest of the theatre was redone, because the rest is fabulous.

edited February 2015
    Thanks everyone! Here's ours, just for posterity's sake.

Behind the proscenium.
    Banks of clouds roil about here. Large bundles of ropes and chains hang suspended in an incredibly 
    complex system of rolls, pulleys and counterweights, ready to move sets whenever required. The 
    surprisingly large area behind the Hallifax opera stage is full of them, allowing flexibility and 
    complexity in the sets used in the productions to which the opera house is home. Between the many 
    sets and ropes, large areas of space have been set aside for singers and actors to prepare their 
    entry into the stage without getting in the way of other individuals involved in the production.

I suspected this might be a tweaked version of some generic description for all backstage areas, since there's not a single piece of crystal in that room. Thinking of proposing a remodel so we have slick crystalline constructs and illusion generators instead of lame pulleys and ropes. 
    I used to make cakes.

• Can someone get me the descriptions of the four ice angels please?
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2015
    So I heard @Crumkane got an order mob.

And it's a tae'dae.

I would like to submit a request for his desc, for reasons.

edit: also is he single? Does he like handsome Hallifaxian men? What's his favourite color?

Crumkane's order mob isn't allowed to eat, IIRC. /randomfact
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Siam said:

Crumkane's order mob isn't allowed to eat, IIRC. /randomfact

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I'd like the latest description of Carakhan please, if anyone has it! Thanks!

#bringShikariback 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Siam said:

So would @Neos >.>
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Shaddus said:

Siam said:

So would @Neos >.>
    I will punt you so hard, it'll travel back to when you and Jesus were palling around and then slingshot itself back throughout existence.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    wtb @Drocilla's hair curio in white.

I remember that the real Carakhan, not Drokhan, had a green theme going on!

#bringShikariback 

• Not requested whatsoever, but might as well archive it since I have no idea how often Yomoigu brings her out from his "magical chest of order mobs"(my term, not his).

Yiraxi
    (Didn't get a room description. I'm sorry. I am a horrible person.)
    Flicking out a long tongue of hissing flame, this copper komodo dragon is an eidolon of sinuous lines and clockwork machinery. A skeleton of glimmering gears spinning in intricate formations operate like silver and gold organs to keep her in constant, fluid motion as she crawls about on steel-clad claws. Most impressive perhaps is her tail, which doubles the span of her body in a series of shimmering copper scales. She puffs smoke through her nostrils with casual arrogance, yawning to reveal a series of jagged iron teeth that she shuts with a sudden, frightening clap. Unblinking, her eyes are sockets of metal fueled by orbs of amber flame, their piercing stare a encompassing all before her.
    I like how there are clockwork mobs outside of Mag. :D

#bringShikariback 

• Only Yiraxi.

Tubal Cain's also pretty much a geochem without the flesh, too.
    What's this? Tremula's a boy? The tongues of the court will be awag!

He is a fiendish undead irontongue viscanti demigod and his eyebrows are the same golden-blonde as his hair, arched in a display of perfect elegance. A faint smirk graces his lips, which are a natural, light rose colour, two fang tips barely visible over the slightly plumper bottom one. His make-up is almost nonexistant, only faint traces of blush applied to his cheeks and eye kohl done in a frosty blue. Porcelain, doll-like skin covers his body, though it is barely visible through the everpresent, shifting miasma of Taint that clouds it from view. Seeming to originate from him, the viscous fog constantly shifts and roils, spiralling and whirling in an evershifting pattern of mystifying complexity. The only thing clearly visible at all times through the stirring black and crimson clouds are his eyes. Almond shaped, his right iris displays the full purple spectrum, a light lavender at the outside that darkens beautifully towards the deep indigo surrounding the pupil. His left irises share the colouration, the six smaller ones surrounding the larger center one in a circular pattern, a total of seven staring out in an unnerving manner. His build is petite, a faint layer of muscle on his arms and legs paired with a flat chest and stomach. He is wearing an armband depicting a crying woman, Bewitching Prayer Beads of the Enchantress, a subtly iridescent black silk satchel, an etched ruby ring, a thin opal bracelet carved with lilies, a somnolent amethyst bracelet carved with amaranths, a smooth pearl ring, an etched pearl ring, a mottled bloodstone watch, a dapper, violet-banded black felt hat, a bloodstone ring of sight, 4 simple rings of bloodstone, a crown of argent desire, the Charm of the Clangoru, a Leprechaun's Medal of Profligate Inebriation, a ruby ring carved with flames, a brooch portraying the sea battle, a gleaming gold knuckle ring bearing a dangerous talon, Wings of Wonder, a simple string of black pearl beads, the Iron Key to the Infernal Machine, a skin tight, dark shirt, a diaphanous cloak of black Delportian lace, skinny, dark trousers of a midnight hue and iron buckled ebony leather boots.
    His hair is cut moderately short and sticks outward in every direction, artfully spiked. Golden-blonde in hue at the roots, the colour of his hair fades to an almost iridescent, fetching ivory at the tips.

Needs moar tail
    I used to make cakes.

Daraius said:

Needs moar tail

I'll take yours, if you're not using it! :::;)

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Daraius said:

Needs moar tail

And enough crystalline booty to spare.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Oddly in love with this random room in Oleanvir:

A rotting log near Alabaster Road.
    Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky. An incredibly large, rotting log lies here, looking quite out of place amongst the clusters of brightly coloured wildflowers and tufts of tall grasses that encircle it. The collapsing log lacks roots of any sort and no evidence remains of a tree once standing within the general vicinity of the log. There certainly seems to be no logical explanation for the presence of the log, although none of the fungi now feasting on its rotting bark appears to mind.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."