Descriptions: From Divines to Mortals, and Beasts, and Items, and Mobs, and Places!

Comments

• Siam said:
    I had stuff prepared for the Festival of Thorns 2 but I don't think Glom had enough people when I attemped it(again). That chalice looks amazing. :)
    Uhm, I would like to see something happen! I volunteer as tribu- A helper!
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • edited May 2015
    Decided to reincarnate Sakaki and give him a new look.

He is a nimble undead faeling and holds a diminuitive, but unsettling presence. His icy blue eyes observe his surroundings with a cold, calculating gaze, set beneath thin, black eyebrows. Through a vicious grin, his teeth have apparently been styled similar to those of a shark - sharp, pointy, dangerous. His coal black hair is cut into an unruly, jagged style, as if his hair was styled to honor the flames of nil itself. His pale, translucent wings carry various holes, tears and other signs of decay, testament to the taint that flows through him, his fingernails carefully tapered down to thin, sharp points. 
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Salome said:

Siam said:

I had stuff prepared for the Festival of Thorns 2 but I don't think Glom had enough people when I attemped it(again). That chalice looks amazing. :)

Uhm, I would like to see something happen! I volunteer as tribu- A helper!

Poke at Makaela! She likes helping out with things!
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    look at wand on mysrai

You look at a massive wand studded with cold diamonds and void-black stars that @Mysrai is wielding:
    As long as an igasho's forearm and resembling a bludgeon more than a
    wand, this massive rod is wrought from oilslick, tangerine voidcopper
    run through with platinum veins and gemstone-chased whorls. Wintry
    diamonds and void-streaked, agate stars create a stunning, boreal
    galaxy, each caress of light along the wand's venereal shaft summoning
    prismatic arcs that vanish just as quickly as they arise. The elliptical
    summit is smooth, as is the handle, deep engravings of prettily pursed
    lips and obscenely gaping mouths creating a grip that is wound near the
    bottom with twisted strips of chartreuse silk.
    Engraved on it are the words:
    POW! Right in the kissa!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Wut.

• Tremula said:
    look at wand on mysrai

You look at a massive wand studded with cold diamonds and void-black stars that @Mysrai is wielding:
    As long as an igasho's forearm and resembling a bludgeon more than a
    wand, this massive rod is wrought from oilslick, tangerine voidcopper
    run through with platinum veins and gemstone-chased whorls. Wintry
    diamonds and void-streaked, agate stars create a stunning, boreal
    galaxy, each caress of light along the wand's venereal shaft summoning
    prismatic arcs that vanish just as quickly as they arise. The elliptical
    summit is smooth, as is the handle, deep engravings of prettily pursed
    lips and obscenely gaping mouths creating a grip that is wound near the
    bottom with twisted strips of chartreuse silk.
    Engraved on it are the words:
    POW! Right in the kissa!
    Speak softly and carry a BIG stick.

Mysrai strokes the decapitated head of Persayis tenderly.

---------------------------------------------------

Mysrai Thrice-Crowned intones, "DZA NA III."

You say, "Dzaa."

You nod your head emphatically.

Mysrai nods solemnly.

Mysrai gives you a peck on the cheek.

Reality solidifies, mending itself into a single paradigm as Mysrai departs.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited June 2015
    Disturbed that something as long as an igasho's forearm and diamond-studded is described as venereal. :-&
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited June 2015
    Daraius said:
    Disturbed that something as long as an igasho's forearm and diamond-studded is described as venereal. :-&
    *pat* *pat* It's okay @Daraius, just go to your happy place. 

Mysrai strokes the decapitated head of Persayis tenderly.

---------------------------------------------------

Mysrai Thrice-Crowned intones, "DZA NA III."

You say, "Dzaa."

You nod your head emphatically.

Mysrai nods solemnly.

Mysrai gives you a peck on the cheek.

Reality solidifies, mending itself into a single paradigm as Mysrai departs.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    At first I thought the designer meant venerable. Then I realised it was Myrai's wand, and it likely did mean to say venereal.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I designed something for a newbie Harbinger who wanted some kind of green violin. Sadly, I haven't seen her in a few days, so I doubt anyone will ever see or use the design, and since I'm rather pleased with it, I figure I'll share with the world. Also, thanks to whoever approved this within 12 hours of it being submitted!

Appearance: an absinthe-hued jade fae violin
    Dropped: A absinthe-hued violin engraved with spritely jade wormwood fae rests here.
    Examined: A number of spritely viridian fae peer from beneath the etched jade foliage that adorns this violin. The instrument is constructed from a combination of the finest spruce and maple woods, and dyed a vibrant, lurid green. Large plaques of milky green jade, carved to resemble the feathery leaves of a wormwood plant, dapple across the violin's entire surface. The wormwood fae themselves have been etched beneath the leaves, and all resemble diminutive young women in revealing dresses and flowery garters, with vicious bat-like wings of black-bordered green. Four steel strings run up the Night-black ebony neck of the violin, attaching to the head by means of jade tuning pins in the shape of the absinthe fairies. The maple wood bow has been dyed to match the lurid hue of the violin.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    So, came up with this, been threatening to do it for almost a month now. Previewing it here so if there's an outcry I can adjust it before putting it in-game.

He is a bouncing furrikin and has a coat of silky white fur with a hint of jade tinting to it. His snout is thin and narrow, with tufts of snowy white fur along its underside. These extend out from his cheeks as well, and connect with a small mane that tops his head and begins to run down his spine before disappearing into his clothing. His triangular ears poke out from this mane with well over half their length exposed, the pale jade emphasised by contrast to the pure white. He's slight and often visibly tense, with most of his motions quick and his powder-blue eyes darting from spot to spot. The base of his spine extends outward in a furred tail, with the same groove of white fur running along its top and terminating in a tuft born from it ducking back under at the tip, which generally rests just above his ankles. Each finger is tipped with a dull black claw, which look as if they've been filed shorter rather than clipped.
    The salient features are mostly the same as your current desc, right? What outcry are you expecting? :)

The description of the tip of the tail is a little awkwardly phrased, but otherwise I think it paint a clear and very cute picture.
    I used to make cakes.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    A glittering frost forms about this Manifestation's nearly invisible form, a mere bending of the light all that hints at its presence. A hungry miasma churns at the gargantuan creature's feet as it hisses with the sound of blasting air, the airstream vibrating with each sinister sound. Glancing over its massive frame, images of countless hopes, dreams and nightmares flicker across the landscape of the mind's eye, each haunted by scenes of vacuum filled voids and uncontrollable currents.
    A Manifestation of Stoppered Air does not even register your presence as a threat.

Sparkling bubbles float about this Manifestation's nearly invisible form, a mere bending of the light all that hints at its presence. The waters ripple at the gargantuan creature's feet as it gurgles with the sound of hungry waters, the air vibrating with each tortured sound. Glancing over its massive frame, images of countless hopes, dreams and nightmares flicker across the landscape of the mind's eye, each haunted by scenes of never-ending drought and dying sealife.
    A Manifestation of Parched Oceans does not even register your presence as a threat.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Particles of dust float about this Manifestation's nearly invisible form, a mere bending of the light all that hints at its presence. The ground rumbles at the gargantuan creature's feet as it groans with the sound of shifting earth, the air vibrating with each grunted sound. Glancing over its massive frame, images of countless hopes, dreams and nightmares flicker across the landscape of the mind's eye, each haunted by scenes of crumbling earth and scattered sands.
    A Manifestation of Broken Earth does not even register your presence as a threat.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I was actually waffling for a while over whether or not to give Luce belly/forearm/shin/under-tail scales. Decided it probably wasn't worth the effort to describe it, though.
    Good call.
    I used to make cakes.

• I may as well try my hand at this thread.

Here's one of my latest, a ring designed as a gift for someone.

Appearance:

a ring of verdant light amidst shadowy blossoms

Dropped:

A soft green glimmer betrays the presence of a platinum and onyx ring.

Examined:

Crafted from silvery white platinum and fashioned into a flawless torus,

this ring is made to snugly embrace the wearer's finger. The matte

finish is, at first glance, featureless, but the soft brushing bears the

faintest impressions of curved lines and points that, when studied

carefully, form the image of a noble hart. Within the nearly illusory

tines of the hart's antlers is nestled a full moon, just as faint and

hard to see as the cervine shade. The central focus of this ring,

however, are the shadowy blossoms of numerous flowers, carved from onyx,

and overlaid with layers of other gems that have been cut so thin that

only a hint of colour is discernible in the inky darkness of the stone.

These flowers burst forth from the band, as if in vigorous blossom, and

only just kiss the wearer's flesh, each petal and leaf afforded an

attention to detail that mirrors their natural counterparts nearly

flawlessly. Deep in the midst of the blooms is a single emerald, tiny

and alone, but shimmering with a gentle viridian light. The small,

persistent glow seemingly hopeful within the sea of blackness, appearing

brighter than it actually is for the darkness which surrounds it.

• I'm entirely too delighted by my dark fae tea set. So I'm going to inflict it on everyone here.

Elegantly crafted to showcase the sophistication of Glomdoring's tea culture, this tea set offers a variety of unusually shaped pieces, as each has been detailed to resemble one of the Nightmare's dark fae creations. Most prominent is the squat, disfigured tea pot, clearly mimicking the form of a lumpy, wrinkled squonk. Pink marble has been carefully chiselled and etched to highlight the myriad wrinkles of the squonk's body, while discolourations and impurities look like moles and warts, dotted across the miserable beast's skin. A particularly prominent black wart on the squonk-pot's back can be lifted to reveal a lid that conceals the inside, where a steel infuser keeps the tea leaves contained. The front of the pot resembles a bawling face with a prodigiously elephantine nose. Enormous, weepy eyes fill the face, their misery accented by the deep frown carved below the nose. Curiously, the nose is not the spout. Instead, slots have been cut around the eyes, so when the tea is poured, it gushes out like tears. Thick grooves down the pot's snout attempt to guide the tea to its proper destination. Four thin, spindly legs jut beneath the pot, designed to keep it elevated above a small candle gripped by the tray. As a finishing touch, the squonk's rat-like tail curls up behind it, forming a handle for the pot. Three smaller pots hold additional accoutrements. A grinning redcap, carved from flame maple and capped with rubies, and with an oversized head far too big for its body, serves as a dry tea holder, its cap lifting to reveal the storage compartment inside the head. A proud teak slaugh surrounded by waves of black hair and wearing a purple-tinted formal gown stands as a cleverly designed sugar shaker. A blackthorn barghest with golden eyes holds its mouth open in a fearsome shriek, serving as a pour spout for the creamer kept inside. Four transparent glass tea cups have been carefully blown and shaped into the appearance of wispy, insubstantial women, their hair and cloaks billowing behind to form the vessel for the tea, while they balance, and are lifted, by their widely flowing dresses. Two of the cups have been darkly tinted, and resemble wailing banshees, while the other two have a muted peach and gold iridescence like a vila. Four silver tea spoons have been adorned with gems and images of flower fae - a jade wormwood fae poses seductively, an obsidian rose fae holds a regal pose, a white coral snoefaasia fae appears to dance, and an amethyst nightshade fae wears its blossom as a hat. Finally, the tray itself is a pane of glass that resembles a violent wendigo, ragged and sharp around the edges, and etched with violent whirls and whorls that suggest a raging storm. A treating of cloud essence has caused the glass to frost over so it appears like ice ripped from a frozen pond. Deep black onyx eyes surrounded by grasping white coral hands clutch at each pot and cup, or provide a resting place for the fae spoons, while keeping the whole set stable in even the worst of conditions.

tl;dr - I have a squonk teapot, and I drink its tears.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
    That's amazing, well done :)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    For posterity's sake, IC dingbats:

A dingbat is a small round coin with the image of a strange rodent stamped on one side and the image 
    of two crossed spoons stamped on the opposite side. The yellowish metal is too bright and light to 
    be gold, and a rainbow patina shimmers over its surface. The dingbats are magnetised and stick 
    together to form a tubular roll.
    I used to make cakes.

Manteekan's dingbat beads:

haze-filled prayerbeads of the Lord Nightmare

Dozens of spherical glass orbs string together to form the massive length of these prayerbeads,
    capable of circling loosely about the neck in thrice. A sparkling frost coats the simple threading
    that binds each of the beads together, the air about the icy crystals giving off a fine haze as the
    warmer air blows over it. Deep within each of the crystal spheres of the necklace a misty haze
    swirls about, the rhythmic movement of each miasma mesmerising in its movement. Staring into the
    transparent globes reveals a faint whispering that escapes from the churning fog, the sound only
    broken by an averted gaze.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Dry-ice beads!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• This egg is as large as a watermelon and seems, curiously, to be both translucent and opaque all at 
    once. A faint, pulsating light just below its shell causes its prismatic hues to ripple 
    incandescently. Occasionally tiny motes of dreams drift up from its surface before winking out of 
    existence, the only suggestion as to what this slightly warm egg might contain.

Will likely update this later when it hatches, and when it matures. ... Muahahaha.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    After @Drocilla stole my voice, a room in the gardens got changed.

The ruined Crossways of Redemption.
    The air is filled with motes of light emanating from a healing shrine of Terentia nearby. This location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. It is warm and quite pleasant. Four different paths spread out from the Crossways of Redemption, each framed by vandalised statues of angelic beings, their wings and praying hands ripped away and cast to litter the ground. Charred trellises arch above the different pathways, their lengths lined with decaying greenery spotted with black flowers weeping blood. River-smoothed pebbles have been lain across most of the paths, a sizable amount of them missing or cracked. A blackened lawn of shriveled grass surrounds the paths, a stark reminder of the tragic events that took place here.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Has Drocilla's appearance changed?
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    It's the same.