Real World Raves

Comments

• Finally finishing the book I've been working on for over a year.  Yay!
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."

• Tarkenton said:
    I may be coming into a 3d printer soon, and on the cheap.  If so, since I know people that can do 3d modeling, things of a Lusternian nature may start making an appearance in plastic :D
    What kind of 3D printer?  I have a Solidoodle 3.  I've been doing mostly practical things so far -- my skill in 3D editing software is solid but my artistic talent not so much.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/21/xcom-enemy-within-announced-tons-of-details

Between this and Rome: Total War 2 I might vanish this winter...

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Tales of Xillia has been exceeding my expectations at every turn. :D
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited August 2013
    Getting a bed saturday! No more sleeping on the floor!!!!
    Won $50 rent credit in raffle today, so, yes, I -will- be buying myself a birthday gift next month. 
    Turns out my computer repair dude is doing the labor super cheap, two laptops, one new motherboard(it melted), one entire new screen(cracked it in half) and it's only going to run like $400 for both. And I've paid $150. So. Come october, I will be recording Lusternia combat in real time. Because why not? Also, SKYRIM.
    Edit:
    AND I joined a tabletop rp group, using DC Heroes 3rd edition. I rolled a 19 to hotwire a car. My car now :D I play unofficial team leader (first real rp like this!) and person with gadgets/mad genius. Having so much fun, seriously.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • I can't stand how much I adore Skype calls with PF + the secret Glom. You guys are amazing. Listening to @Tacita and @Morkarion alternate singing silly (or lovely, or you-didn't-just-sing-that songs) is $#&@ing amazing and made my day.

<3
  • I love everything going on in my life - my job, my friends, Lusternia, and my WoW guild. Things have been a bit rough but they're looking up. <3 
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited August 2013
    Kethaera said:
    Finally finishing the book I've been working on for over a year.  Yay!
    If you're referring to a book you've written, I applaud you.

Meanwhile, one of the books I started six years ago remains half-written and untouched for an embarrassing amount of time. Not even going to comment on the other one.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Rancoura said:
    Kethaera said:
    Finally finishing the book I've been working on for over a year.  Yay!
    If you're referring to a book you've written, I applaud you.

Meanwhile, one of the books I started six years ago remains half-written and untouched for an embarrassing amount of time. Not even going to comment on the other one.
    Yes, and thank you  :)

You can always pick it up again.  The middle of a book tends to be the hardest to write... so I wrote the beginning and ending first and filled in the rest after.  
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • I don't get it :(

• Enyalida said:
    So, I was at work helping a resident out, and she said,

"Have you heard about the bear?"

Naturally, my response was:

"The bear? Isn't it HUUUUUUUUUGEEEE?!"

She obviously didn't get it, but I thought it was hilarious.
    Did you ask her if it was brown too?
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It would have been black! The actual story is that a bear was poking at the window of another resident's room, which is not particularly unusual or alarming, but I had to inject some 'envoy humor' into the situation!
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Meeting new people online. And being told I'm going to sing with them. Well. This should be fun!
  • I have recently acquired myself a job. Thus I am permitting myself a modicum of happiness.

Please excuse me if you find any footprints on the roof.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Are you santa?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I had to go to the Secretary of State today.

I managed to finish what I came for and leave the building within about three minutes.

• A rave to offset my rant. Picked up new graphics card from the post office today. Was in a hurry as it was near closing time, and the guy at the counter forgave me for not grabbing a ticket (there was no line, so I missed the fact there even were tickets). The store put free candy with the card because they are awesome like that. I am very pleased that the last old part from my rig has been replaced, and very proud I've learned how to put my own rig together as gaming on something you built from pieces just makes it that bit more neat.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    edited August 2013
    I'm not very familiar with Bradley Cooper, but I think I'm okay with him playing Rocket Raccoon. 
    I used to make cakes.

• Dat everything, you mean.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I like him, but I'd have preferred David Tennant(who wouldn't?), and if not him, the guy who voices Rocket Raccoon on Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    edited September 2013
     David Tennant would have been nuts, with Karen Gillan as Nebula!    :-O

I also would have liked George Clooney, since he already has experience voicing woodland creatures. 

At the end of the day, this movie has a crazy cast and I could not be more pumped.
    I used to make cakes.

• Out of season Oktoberfest. Tried some Jager. Twice. Ate some meh food, had fun. Had a panic attack, but didn't leave and got over it(YAY). Had a downright blast. More than a little buzzed. Maybe doing it again next year. Aww yiss. Turn 22 in exactly a week, guh, I'm adult, I swear. /wearing a balloon hat. 
  • Both my new earbuds and my replacement laptop battery arrived today.  Though the buds weren't what I was expecting(my fault), the battery is working great.  It's nice to get more than 45-60 minutes on a charge.
    Stangmar - Retired

I've wanted one of these since I was 11 years old. Found one in a shop today, nearly cried. Actually had to money to buy it. Put it together tonight. This is a major deal for me. Also, 22 in four days >.> Happy birthday me!
  • The next version of Android was announced yesterday.  Android v4.4, KitKat!

Stangmar - Retired

I cried when I got Yoshi's Island for Christmas in 1995.
    I used to make cakes.