Real World Raves

Comments

• Just filled out a W4 for my new job with a local CPA firm. This should be good experience.  I've already been doing some work for them and will get my first check as early as tomorrow....then it's off to buy me a Nexus 4 to replace my POS captivate.
    Stangmar - Retired

• I feel so proud of myself. I'm getting things done. I went grocery shopping even though I did not want to go.  I'm cleaning :D Yay me!
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • New 30 Seconds to Mars album is pretty good.  Not as good as I wanted it to be, but still pretty nice.
  • Pay raise to get $23.20 an hour base rate.  Wheee. 
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    What's that in real money? :p

(Grats!!)

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Breakfast today consists of a pint and 2 bacon sandwiches, keeping on with the Greathunt while settling down to watch the Rugby.

With all due respect to all you Aussies here, you're getting stomped, COME ON YOU LIONS.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited June 2013
    It's what, 13.50 or so, GBP? 

And 20GBP on sundays. :D
  • Had so much fun today, despite the sunburn, and now possible concussion. The kids flocked to me, it was hilarious. I am now called Auntie and at one point accidently called Gramma. They welcome me like family, like mine never did, and I love them all. Single little nerdy white girl and they treat me wonderfully. Some of the best people I've ever met.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Alary said:
    Had so much fun today, despite the sunburn, and now possible concussion. The kids flocked to me, it was hilarious. I am now called Auntie and at one point accidently called Gramma. They welcome me like family, like mine never did, and I love them all. Single little nerdy white girl and they treat me wonderfully. Some of the best people I've ever met.
    Who? New friends, coworkers?
    Stangmar - Retired

• Stangmar said:
    Alary said:
    Had so much fun today, despite the sunburn, and now possible concussion. The kids flocked to me, it was hilarious. I am now called Auntie and at one point accidently called Gramma. They welcome me like family, like mine never did, and I love them all. Single little nerdy white girl and they treat me wonderfully. Some of the best people I've ever met.
    Who? New friends, coworkers?
    The people in your head?
  • My new neighbor/friend/new mom. I go help out with her church stuff and her grandkids just adore me. Her entire family has just basically adopted me and it's the best I've felt with people in a long time. 
  • I love that I have found another MUD I enjoy as much as, if not more than my last MUD to the point I'm not really missing it anymore :-)  

Also love that even though I had a son in February to go with my five year old daughter, my wife is expecting our third child in December!! 
  • Metaton said:
    I love that I have found another MUD I enjoy as much as, if not more than my last MUD to the point I'm not really missing it anymore :-)  

Also love that even though I had a son in February to go with my five year old daughter, my wife is expecting our third child in December!! 
    Congratulations dad!
    Stangmar - Retired

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Rave for the 11 hour long Skype call yesterday during the last bits of the great hunt. So much laughing and awesome. There was even ukulele playing and singing at the end - which was impressive given that at one point I was playing and @Morkarion was singing, and despite latency this sort of managed to work.

You guys are brilliant <3
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I just whistled. My attempt at "It's a small world" was overshadowed by Mork's. Probably for the best!
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    He knew ALL THE WORDS. It was terrifying.
    I think by now we had long established the fact I am somewhat mentally unhinged.

• Morkarion said:

I think by now we had long established the fact I am somewhat mentally unhinged.

Or a robot. I vote robot.
  • 7. No discussion of religion or politics. This is a requirement imposed upon the forum by IRE as it is felt that religious or political discussions are divisive and encourage trolling. Any threads on religious or political topics will be closed.

• I think it's better to keep clear of political discussions, since they can (and most likely will) get very heated with plenty of rage on both sides. Plus, y'know, the whole fact that they're not allowed.
  • My bad! I shall keep my raving to myself!

I often forget that there are people who can't hold civil discussions about stuff. :(
  • Doing well in life, being somewhat normal, functioning like an adult. I'm proud of myself. 
  • Just ordered a new Nexus 4 from the Google Play Store tonight.  <3 Google.
    Stangmar - Retired

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Woohoo!  Raves for my cousin who became a real life Celestine Priest earlier today! ^____^
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Reaper kickstarter arrived. So many minis, so little time.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Drag Race is just awesome.  :x
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • My Nexus 4 arrived today.  It is an incredible device. 100x better than my Captivate.  4G is beautiful.....and Jelly Bean is way better than Gingerbread.  I'm so happy.

Also....I smoothed out the coworker issues that I mentioned earlier in the dissatisfaction thread.  Went and talked to the two that were upset at me....intended to have a short conversation apologizing and explaining my POV...ended up hanging out with them for 5 hours and watching Nacho Libre....lol
    Stangmar - Retired

After what has been a really dreadful couple of weeks recently, I'd like to send lots of <3 to @Iorwen, @Svorai, @Tacita, @Aerdiya, @Xenthos and @Kio for being on numerous Skype chats at all strange hours.

And online Cards Against Humanity is beyond epic.

• Morkarion said:
    After what has been a really dreadful couple of weeks recently, I'd like to send lots of <3 to @Iorwen, @Svorai, @Tacita, @Aerdiya, @Xenthos and @Kio for being on numerous Skype chats at all strange hours.

And I have whiskey, so I'm not as shy! :D

• Morkarion said:

And @Kregarn

I was dying. <3 you guys.