Real World Raves

Comments

• I ordered one of these.

(I thought it was funny.)
    If I'm on topic, something has gone horribly wrong.
  • Casilu: That's hilarious

My rave for the day, my uber irritating roommate has moved out today.  He was messier than hell, broke stuff on a regular basis, made a ton of noise with his eating, treated girls like ****, and was just a general PITA.

I feel genuinely sorry for the girl he's marrying.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Stangmar said:
    Casilu: That's hilarious

I thought so, it only looks like 200 or so will be made at this point, but the purchasing is open for 3 more days or so.
    If I'm on topic, something has gone horribly wrong.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I turned in my major project today. Only one 2-3 page paper left!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    The pizza place messed up my order--by giving me TWICE as many wings! Om nom nom nom.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    This will mean bugger all to about 99% of you but.

In the world of football (English football, not Gridiron) I was born and raised a United supporter.

26 years ago, about 4 months after I was born, a man from Scotland came to manage the club, Sir Alex Ferguson.

Today, 26 years on he's retired. All my life I've ever known United to be run by one man, there's only been one boss, one Gaffer.

We lifted our 20th English League title today, upping our own record. Day for celebration, but at the same time the day I never wanted to have happen.

Few times in my life have me crying, today was one of them. Football, why you so emotionally provocative!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Caerulo said:
    LoL's Freljord event. Howling Abyss, the music and so much lore!

P.S. I picked the Frostguard because they're totally Icy Glomdoring.
    Was playing Lissandra in ARAM... when all of a sudden, I got a side quest... kill Ashe. Made me go O.O

I did kill her, and what I got was a "Queen of the Freljord" buff and Lissandra acquired herself a frozen crown. Shiny stuff.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    It had been way too long since I biked my favorite 16 mile loop. I'm more out of shape than I like, but it was still a great, fun ride.

• Weird Mothers day.

Family dog ate half a chocolate cake by climbing barstools and sitting on the bar, she's okay, just a little wired.
    Found a cemetery on a dead end street, made me laugh.
    Drove past a hearse on the highway that had death metal bumper stickers and EPICA license plates. Entertained me.
    Some girls tried to pick a fight with me at Wal-Mart at 8 at night. Never seen them before in my life, but being called a fatass and other names had me really mad. 

So yeah, weird day.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
    Western Conference Semifinals: Blackhawks vs Red Wings

This will be, quite simply, the greatest round of playoff hockey this year. If not ever. STOKED.

• So, three weeks ago two of the women I work with and I decided to have a competition. We were always talking about losing some weight and needed some motivation. Since then, I've lost about seven pounds. I'm a really self conscious person and always wear a hoodie at work. It's been so hot in the warehouse today that I couldn't stand it, so I took it off and tried to deal. Well, I just passed by my reflection in the window outside and couldn't help but feel awesome.

It's not much, but it's the little things. Hooray!
  • Tried golfing today with one of my professors.  It was an interesting and embarrassing experience, but I still had fun.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Kio said:
    So, three weeks ago two of the women I work with and I decided to have a competition. We were always talking about losing some weight and needed some motivation. Since then, I've lost about seven pounds. I'm a really self conscious person and always wear a hoodie at work. It's been so hot in the warehouse today that I couldn't stand it, so I took it off and tried to deal. Well, I just passed by my reflection in the window outside and couldn't help but feel awesome. It's not much, but it's the little things. Hooray!
    I know that feel bro, I lost 5 lbs last week soley from cutting out the soda.  It feels good to more easily button up my jeans.  Maybe in another couple weeks, I'll be able to wear my sidearm without discomfort.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Signed my lease, got my keys, packing time!
    Also, what kind of pizza place bills you a WEEK later. Wtf. I had a serious panic because I was short, but I made it up. Still. God damn it all.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    My fabulous g-ma brought me some cheeses from Holland. This stuff is a revolution. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Checking out the forum for the first time in like 3 years. Wow! This place got an upgrade...

My rave for the day: Getting approved for a new mortgage (despite not yet having moneys for a deposit) so we can buy my in-law's big house when they move to Norway in September :D
    The joys of lyric writing, when you get a really good concept, the song practically writes itself.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Rave: The Great Gatsby.
    Rant: Tobey Maguire.
  • Isune said:
    Rave: The Great Gatsby.
    He wasn't terrible for someone who amounts to a toady narrator protagonist suffering from hero worship laced with UST who has no other notable personality.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Star Trek Into Darkness was great.  Better than the first!
    Stangmar - Retired

Isune said:
    See, after Emospiderman I've found it impossible to watch anything he's in, I had to make an exception for this movie.

Meanwhile Leonardo DiCaprio goes from strength to strength. I pretty much stage his career in two parts, before he worked with Tom Hanks and Daniel Day-Lewis and after. Because Titanic and the Beach are awful films and his acting is nowhere near the level it is in his more recent films.

• My dog is very silly, but I love her. 

The past week it's like she has turned back into a puppy and constantly wants to play, especially attacking my feet or wanting to snuggle on the couch. Tonight I was balancing her pig from Angry Birds toy on her head, she looked so adorable but wouldn't stay still long enough for a pic *weep* So cute though.

Real life Celestine?

• KioKio
    edited May 2013
    The lack of an Oxford comma makes my insides turn in funny ways.

Congratulations, Ev!

but really... could you maybe, you know, pencil one in?
  • Congratulations, Everiine!
    Kio said:
    The lack of an Oxford comma makes my insides turn in funny ways.

Congratulations, Ev!

but really... could you maybe, you know, pencil one in?
    Heh. That reminds me of one of my professors who has an open-front robe. I asked him once how one gets a robe like that. He asked if I wanted the nice answer or the sarcastic answer. Of course, I asked for the sarcastic answer, which was: "You have to go to a real university." (he got his doctorate at Cambridge).

I'm less bothered about the comma, more bothered at the lack of a u in honour!

This is 'MURICA, we don't use superfluous u's!

I'm just happy I got the thing. I made sure to check the folder afterward to make sure that the degree was actually there.