Real World Raves

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I had my first hot shower in a week tonight. Hooray for functioning water heaters!
  • Daenerys Targeryon. :x
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • A technician is on his way to my house. OMG IM EXCITED LIKE ITS A FIRST DATE.
  • Hooray!  The internet is back, and they bumped us up from a 3mb connection to a 6mb connection for all the trouble :D
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Kio said:
    Hooray!  The internet is back, and they bumped us up from a 3mb connection to a 6mb connection for all the trouble :D
    Just remember... only one kiss allowed on the first date, and no staying out later than pumpkin time.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Kio said:
    Hooray!  The internet is back, and they bumped us up from a 3mb connection to a 6mb connection for all the trouble :D
    Just remember... only one kiss allowed on the first date, and no staying out later than pumpkin time.
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. Please don't do this to me. WE'RE MOVING SO FAST, THOUGH.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The Stanely Cup Playoffs, the most intense annual sports tournament, started tonight. And my team won! 1 down, 15 to go.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    The Stanely Cup Playoffs, the most intense annual sports tournament, started tonight. And my team won! 1 down, 15 to go.
    Ah yes, you like the hockey. I forget these things. :P
    If I'm on topic, something has gone horribly wrong.
  • Casilu. What. This merits a rave on its own.

Also, new glasses comin in soon. Wooo.
  • Only one more final exam left.   Time to study.  In one window i have Rainymood.com open, and in another, I have the Godfather theme playing.
    Stangmar - Retired

• I have 'fixed' my desktop! In so much as destroyed it utterly and installed Ubuntu over the cold lifeless corpse of Windows.

So... still a success?

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Maellio said:
    I have 'fixed' my desktop! In so much as destroyed it utterly and installed Ubuntu over the cold lifeless corpse of Windows.

So... still a success?
    That's why my laptop has Ubuntu on it.
  • A friend of mine introduced to this very interesting listserv called... The Listserve. You sign up for this daily email and every day someone gets picked to send an email to everyone on the list, about anything they want (to a reasonable degree). It's been super fun so far. Today some guy talked about how he got into nude photography. A few days ago it was a teenager talking about his food blog. Perhaps if someone from IRE gets picked they can talk about the wonderful world of text games! Give it a try :)

• My real world rave is for getting money and alcohol. That is all.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    First opening night movie I've been to in ages.

It was a good time.  Woo.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Xenthos said:

Could've said which movie it was, too. :P

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited May 2013
    Elanorwen said:
    Xenthos said:

Could've said which movie it was, too. :P
     Did any other movies open today?

/me checks.

( Just in case: Iron Man, of course!  Even splurged for the 3d. Part of a birthday present for the father. )
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    edited May 2013
    Edit: Oops, wrong raves thread.

I'm glad last night turned out to be a lot better than anticipated! Had fun dancing at a new cantina bar!

• I was up till 4am for Gaudi's crossdressing contest but my toddler stayed in bed till 8 so I'm not wrecked!
  • I went to the 10:20 showing of Iron Man 3 last night. It was most excellent.
    Stangmar - Retired

• I wanna go do things in game, but I've finally finished all the filler and have reached the war in Naruto Shippuden!  So excited!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I happened to be chatting with Munsia on facebook, and this message happened. Don't laugh.

Munsia Dcente

and now I'm going to attempt to make fudge

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Secretly suggesting my second cousin get named after Batman villains and Darkstalkers characters. If this works...
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Knee's finally better after 2 weeks.

To boot I won $150 from an office pool on the Kentucky Derby.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • KioKio
    edited May 2013
    wrong thread x.x
  • LoL's Freljord event. Howling Abyss, the music and so much lore!

P.S. I picked the Frostguard because they're totally Icy Glomdoring.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    My big supervisor at work pulled me aside today. He thanked me, saying he had received several compliments on my hard work and being easy to work with. He ended it with, "Keep up the good work, Michael."

Hi, you must be new here.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    He had received several compliments from my alts on my hard work and being easy to work with
    FTFY
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • So, I get my keys to the new apartment next week. I'm nervous, last time I was begged to move back home to the even worse abuse hell. Well, I'm not letting that happen this time. I'm also excited. The apartment is nice, and my cat comes with me this time. Good things all around.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • What a great end to a terrible day!  A very meaningful hunt led by @Xenthos has easily turned into a milestone in Kio's life.