Real World Raves

Comments

• Ooooh. Yay for you! Also, hiiiii fellow person in the state.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Congratulations, Everiine.
    Stangmar - Retired

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Thank you!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Alary said:
    Ooooh. Yay for you! Also, hiiiii fellow person in the state.
    No, you don't say hiiiiii, you say O-hi-o!

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Congrats, @Everiine! (Do we have a lot of Ohioans? We should have a meet and make the DC players jealous of how cool we are!)

• I'm a tad bit south, in Lexington, KY. 
  • Alban said:
    I'm a tad bit south, in Lexington, KY. 
    Oh hey! I graduated from Morehead State, just about an hour away.  Had lots of fun times in Lexington, a few a friends at UK.
  • Kio said:
    Alban said:
    I'm a tad bit south, in Lexington, KY. 
    Oh hey! I graduated from Morehead State, just about an hour away.  Had lots of fun times in Lexington, a few a friends at UK.
    That's awesome! I went to high school about a hour away from MSU, in Morgan County. Most of my friends went to MSU.

I graduated from UK a couple of years ago.
  • Zvoltz said:
    Congrats, @Everiine! (Do we have a lot of Ohioans? We should have a meet and make the DC players jealous of how cool we are!)
    The proper decision is to instead come here to Chicago, we are superior in offerings to Ohio ^.=.^

Or I suppose we could split the distance in Indy, they're not terrible (for Indiana)

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm excited about our Aussie Lusternia meet on Friday! I'm going to squish Nymerya!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Lavinya knows the secrets of RL Toadcurse?
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Zvoltz said:
    Congrats, @Everiine! (Do we have a lot of Ohioans? We should have a meet and make the DC players jealous of how cool we are!)
    I am in Illinois, but I could be talked into dropping down to Ohio for a meet thing, mhm.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited May 2013
    When I move I can host an Ohio meet and possibly? put people up for the night. I didn't realize there were a bunch of us. A meet up would be awesome.

Edit: Meeting @Zvoltz would be pretty cool, hopefully he can't zap in real life, or I'm kind of screwed.

Edit: Don't mind me, I'm slightly drugged out of my mind right now. Migrainse yay!
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Lavinya said:
    I'm excited about our Aussie Lusternia meet on Friday! I'm going to squish Nymerya!
    I certainly hope I shan't be squished. Cuddles and cupcakes and chocolate certainly wouldn't go amiss, though! 
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Montwick Bodycare is open for business at last! Now I just need customers... anyone interested in some quality (and affordable) handmade bodycare goods? (Mainly soaps at the moment, am still waiting on my stocks for my other products - lipbalm, bath bombs, etc) >_<
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Just got everything set up for phone and net at the new apartment. So expensive. But, I saved 40$ by installing it myself! Now to figure out how I'm moving furniture and we're good. Monies, where you all go? D:
  • Nearly five days now without a cigarette. I think I might just be able to do it this time.

Especially since roughly 32 of those hours were spent driving just under 2000 miles, and I usually burn through many, many more than usual on a road trip. And it was agony.

But that is rave #2. Just one more road trip in early June, and then all this driving is done! To be home for more than a week at a time will be amazing.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Once I make it through this incredibly busy afternoon, I'll be enjoying a much-needed four day weekend. Also, DNR is taking care of our bear problem, yay. Apparently there are only two, a momma and her cub. Our neighbors have a deer feeder at their wood line, and these two have decided to hold up near it. They got a nice picture of the cub, so I'll try to get it from mom when he gets home from work. She said when it's not tearing our trash can to bits, it's actually kind of cute.
    Riluna said:
    Nearly five days now without a cigarette. I think I might just be able to do it this time.

Especially since roughly 32 of those hours were spent driving just under 2000 miles, and I usually burn through many, many more than usual on a road trip. And it was agony.

But that is rave #2. Just one more road trip in early June, and then all this driving is done! To be home for more than a week at a time will be amazing.
    You can do it!  The withdrawal symptoms will be difficult, depending on how long you have been smoking for, but you will feel SO much better in the long run - it took my mum quite some time and more than one attempt to successfully quit.  Don't give up!

• edited May 2013
    Riluna said:
    Nearly five days now without a cigarette. I think I might just be able to do it this time.

Ooooh yeah!

Avoid your triggers: If you smoked while you drink, cut way back on your drinking for a while; if you drank coffee and had a cigarette in the morning, realize your cravings will be high at that point and adjust appropriately; and so on and so forth.

I quit smoking three years ago, four this July. I'll still pick up a pack when I go to the bar (and smoke the entire thing in 4 or 5 hours, heh), but it doesn't go home with me and I don't have cravings the rest of the day. Doesn't mean there aren't periods I don't get cravings - or that you won't get cravings - but they're usually pretty mild. If you made it through the road trip, you'll probably be more than fine.

Hey, if I can quit after smoking 2-3 packs a day for four years, you too can keep it off! ;)

This weekend won't count though, I should probably just buy a carton in advance.......

(P.S., in a few months if you reach the point where you want to try smoking only at the bars, it's important not to do it more than 2-3 times a month at most, and I don't even do it that often anymore - nicotine hangs on to the system for 3 days (thus the 'three day hump') usually, and it only takes a very short period (5-10 days, iirc) for it to become a 'needed' substance.)
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited May 2013
    Have you considered using the vapour as an alternative to cold turkey? There's a guy who runs a vapour bar around the corner from where I live who swapped straight from 50 a day to vapour, saved him a fortune in cash and all he had was a headache for a couple of days.

Anyway good luck, anyone who is trying to quit smoking gets my support all the time!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

And a further rave to my earlier one about finally getting my business up and running - I received my first big order already!  Gonna keep me busy for a while, but SO worth it.

Side note: I LOVE the smell of organic beeswax!

edited May 2013
    aaaand here are some examples of my recent works!

Lavender Scented Soap Disc (Grape Colour)
    Snowberry mini-soaps (I was SO tempted to call them "cloudberry" but didn't want to get into trouble)
    Natural, unflavored Beeswax lipbalm
    One of my more delicious creations - "Dairy Milk" lip balm (contains 42% weight real Milk Chocolate!)

• 42% actual chocolate and 58% beeswax? That's simultaneously awesome and awful.
    edited May 2013
    Dys said:
    42% actual chocolate and 58% beeswax? That's simultaneously awesome and awful.
    lol no no no!  It contains:
    Chocolate, Beeswax, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil and Vitamin E.  There is no way you would be able to spread it on your lips if it was pure beeswax, it would be FAR too solid.

Turned out really nice but a bit firm, I might use a little less beeswax and a little bit more coconut oil next time.  I've had quite a bit of positive feedback so far on it.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Switched out my HDD for a SSD. Holy cow, what a difference! HDD is now my data collection drive. I have also named all of my drive partitions after FFX aeons.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Everiine said:
    Switched out my HDD for a SSD. Holy cow, what a difference! HDD is now my data collection drive. I have also named all of my drive partitions after FFX aeons.
    Heh, I named my partitions Belldandy, Skuld, Urd, Peorth and Iris.

• Kagato said:
    And a further rave to my earlier one about finally getting my business up and running - I received my first big order already!  Gonna keep me busy for a while, but SO worth it.

Side note: I LOVE the smell of organic beeswax!
    Congratulations! They look fantastic. My wife has been setting up her Cakery business and it's such an incredible feeling when the orders start coming through, though she's having to juggle around work so it can be a bit stressful at times.

My Rave:

The wife being awesome <3
  • Welp, time to crack open a beer or two and start fixing this list of reflex stuff I've been making.

Memorial weekend well spent, if you ask me. :D