Real World Raves

Comments

• Watched a cop pull a guy over for driving slow in the fast lane on Summerlin Parkway this morning.  I almost shed a tear of joy. 
    Stangmar - Retired

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Having one of those weeks at work where you feel you just pulled off a small miracle. Quite frankly I've felt like doing this around the office area upstairs... right up to the bit where my boss would inevitably walk in on me:

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited October 2014
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    I've discovered PopKey and now I dream of a future when all human language is replaced by animated gifs.
    I used to make cakes.

After 7 and a half hours, I'm done with baking, boxing, and frosting 1600 mini cupcakes. :(

My hand is utterly ruined though. Nothing to do but trek to Nepal and learn magic.
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    What you did there, I see it.

Took me 3 clicks to understand, but I got it.

It's true, I really am you.
  • WOOT!  Android 5.0 Lollipop is confirmed for the Nexus 4! 
    Stangmar - Retired

Naime said:
    Real life Hallifaxian science. 
    What you did there, I see it. Took me 3 clicks to understand, but I got it.
    No I wasn't trying to be clever. That's just the forums mucking up my link. Try these instead.

I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:

Naime said:

Daraius said:
    What you did there, I see it.

Took me 3 clicks to understand, but I got it.

No I wasn't trying to be clever. That's just the forums mucking up my link. Try these instead.

(I'd take credit for an aeonics joke)

It's true, I really am you.
  • Ah Mountain Dew.  Nature's best cure for headaches.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Stangmar said:
    Ah Mountain Dew.  Nature's best cure for headaches.
    Is coming off the caffeine and sugar what caused the headache in the first place? >_>
  • PFFT! Just ask the Gods of the Facebook to make your headache go away.

(then pop a painkiller)

usually works! 

is dead like the dodo
  • Acrune said:
    Stangmar said:
    Ah Mountain Dew.  Nature's best cure for headaches.
    Is coming off the caffeine and sugar what caused the headache in the first place? >_>
    Yes
    Stangmar - Retired

• I just slept for 12 hours last night and I feel phenomenal.
    Stangmar - Retired

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I've been adjusting my sleeping schedule to put myself on east coast time, despite living in west coast time.  So far, waking up at 2am and going to bed around 8-9pm has really been working for me, and made me much more productive around the house, at work, and on my own personal projects.

• Tarkenton said:
    I've been adjusting my sleeping schedule to put myself on east coast time, despite living in west coast time.  So far, waking up at 2am and going to bed around 8-9pm has really been working for me, and made me much more productive around the house, at work, and on my own personal projects.

As someone who eternally lives with this schedule for work, I have to say it does do wonders!
  • Tarkenton said:

When I went to Hawaii with my family, we continued to operate in Mountain time.  We'd get up really early and be back in bed really early.  Worked very well for us, especially since we don't care for the drinking/night dancing scene.
    Stangmar - Retired

• the Aarons' guy came and took my laptop, then dropped it while being rude KARMA RAVE
  • I have my first SEO client :D And my dad bought a site with decent traffic that we are going to overhaul and increase the traffic and ad income on. I also randomly got approached if I do sponsored posts on my blog. Could this be the feast that follows after the famine period? I do hope so!
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Mimie said:
    the Aarons' guy came and took my laptop, then dropped it while being rude KARMA RAVE
    I must be missing something.  Your laptop getting dropped is a rave?

Stangmar - Retired

• No, the guy was incredibly rude. Awful customer service then he drops his product. not upset, i got a ipad now woo
  • One ridiculously complicated project complete!

Now I just have to write my own text game.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    I've been on this planet too long to have just discovered haroset. I'm not a drinker, but I'm not averse to consuming alcohol in my food. Good job, Jewish people!
    I used to make cakes.

• Too early to tell, but I love my wife for not killing me for being late home tonight so I can finish up the Great Hunt.  We'll see over the next few minutes, but I still think she's #1 in my book.
    </RANT>
    The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts has a ton of scrolls, paintings, ceremonial armor, and other artifacts from the Forbidden City on display right now. Everything is just... stunning. The degree of detail in the painting and embroidery and wood carving and porcelain boggles my mind. There's this porcelain tea cup with the most precise lattice of six-petal flower shapes carved into it, it's hard to believe it was made three hundred years ago by hand. There's these paintings on scrolls that take up entire walls or span the length of the entire room, meters and meters long, and you can see there's meters and meters still rolled up at either end. 

There's this throne that I am totally going to replicate in Lusternia (because that's what I do when I get fired up at the art museum). 

There's this thing, which is a goddamn FRUIT BOWL.

guys. @-) :-O
    I used to make cakes.

• After two weeks of being locked almost all the time, my jaw unlocked overnight last night.  I immediately celebrated with bacon cheeseburgers.
    Stangmar - Retired

• @Daraius, if I could have liked your post more than once, I would have! 
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    I have discovered Windows 93, and now I can pretend I have a Windows 98 machine again without actually having one. Yay.
  • I can't praise the current season of the Walking Dead enough.  It's excellent.  

Rick has embraced his new self, and it's awesome. 
    Stangmar - Retired