General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited September 2013
    I meant fermented in a general sense :/

All my life, I've had these rancid, horrendous belches any time I eat certain cereals. Last weekend, my wife made this amazingly delicious desert which had oatmeal in it, and it did the same thing.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    I meant fermented in a general sense :/ All my life, I've had these rancid, horrendous belches any time I eat certain cereals. Last weekend, my wife made this amazingly delicious desert which had oatmeal in it, and it did the same thing.
    Ahem. http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/09/17/223345977/auto-brewery-syndrome-apparently-you-can-make-beer-in-your-gut
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Car repairs are far too expensive, and work is far too stressful. I need a week-long vacation.
    Tridemon said:

Shaddus said:

I meant fermented in a general sense :/

All my life, I've had these rancid, horrendous belches any time I eat certain cereals. Last weekend, my wife made this amazingly delicious desert which had oatmeal in it, and it did the same thing.

Ahem. http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/09/17/223345977/auto-brewery-syndrome-apparently-you-can-make-beer-in-your-gut

I've seen that, but I sure wouldn't drink what I'm belching up.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Hmph, going to be having words with the body corporate that owns the building my workplace is housed in on monday morning, NOT impressed that I was unable to get a hold of them or a keyholder for the business where a fire alarm was triggered - If it had been an actual fire, they would have been none the wiser until they turned up to work tomorrow morning to find a burnt-out shell of a building.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • You know those private job performance speeches that you've gotten at least once in your working career that tell you that you need to shape up a bit?

Turns out that they're just as awkward to give as to receive.
    come2mag
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Today is the shittiest day in the work calendar year. It rolls around every year with a certain sense of inevitability and dread, but also the sense of responsibility that no one else is capable of doing the job remotely capable as I am, not least with most of the staff probably injuring themselves.

Today is the day 300+ boxes of Christmas cards arrive to be unpacked, stock checked and shifted up two flights into the attic to be organised into an easy to find system into a wall that ends up being approximately 6ft by 5ft by 3ft deep.

If it wasn't for the fact my boss pays for breakfast of coffee and bacon sandwiches, in exchange for this, I'd throw a sicky.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Bacon/pizza/takeout is a great motivator.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited September 2013
    ...someway, somehow, I am going to invent bacon pizza chow mein.

Edit: On a more serious note, having a lot of drama in my family that isn't necessary by any means.  My mother is being unreasonable with my littlest sister, and causing her a lot of emotional anguish and feelings of guilt that are uncalled for.  My oldest little sister's (I'm the oldest w/three little sisters) boyfriend (who was my best friend for about ten years) just left town on her out of the blue, and I'm trying to help her deal with that, as well as passing along information covertly from his mother that she doesn't want to have known that it came from her.

At least middle sister is having a blast in her first week at college, she's been coming out of her shell and making friends, along with kicking ass in her classes.
  • Family drama can be rough...I have an older sister I haven't seen or heard from in years, and my younger sister is a teenager.  So naturally, drama abounds in my household(and I am definitely glad I moved out years ago).

Feeling a little empty now that Breaking Bad is over...but I a happy that it ended on a good note with all the ends tied up.  It's better to die like this than to keep running for 10 years and losing popularity.  Now onto the Walking Dead.  AMC never disappoints.
    Stangmar - Retired

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    edited October 2013
    My professor for a course in Narrative Design (writing for transmedia) has given my classmates and I a week to each compose a 20,000 word story.

... crap.
  • Zouviqil said:
    My professor for a course in Narrative Design (writing for transmedia) has given my classmates and I a week to each compose a 20,000 word story.

... crap.

Oh hey.  You play Lusternia and are really good at RP.  Lifeskills, right there.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Kio said:
    Zouviqil said:

... crap.

Oh hey.  You play Lusternia and are really good at RP.  Lifeskills, right there.
    Thank you for the compliment, but that's the first part of this homework series.

Then I have to use Quest to make it into a single player text game.

Then I have to use Blender to make it into a single player 3D game.

Then I'll have to (when she decides on the medium) make it into something physical and not-game related.
  • It's 3pm. I woke up at 8:15. So far I've had six glasses of Starbucks iced vanilla latte, two yelling matches with the new warehouse supervisor, a stern talk with the director, a pallet break weighing 1445 pounds snap in half while it was ten feet in the air, an important food donation from an elementary school food drive get lost, and my debit card information stolen by someone using it at a Walmart in Tampa, Florida.

Bright side: I won the "who can yell louder" game. My prize: getting to do the stuff I need to get done the way it needs to get done. Woo.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    And the quadruple exam week ends with a one where the only reason I did not flip the table is because it was attached to the chair.

It's an irritating day when I can say the most pleasant task was a sight translation.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Kio said:

my debit card information stolen by someone using it at a Walmart in Tampa, Florida.

They could have at least had some class and come to Vegas for the shopping and to blow it on craps.
  • Maybe it was this jackass

Stangmar - Retired

• Had to fight the temptation to commit assault w/ battery today.

Had a group presentation in my strategic management class.  I logged into my google drive where it's hosted to check and make sure everything was good to go right before class.  Logged in to see one of our groupmates deleting my section.   Words will be had.
    Stangmar - Retired

Got a text from my boss today telling me that I'll be working 10 hours a day, seven days a week for a while.

I guess I didn't want to play Lusternia after all :/
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited October 2013
    Stangmar said:

Had to fight the temptation to commit assault w/ battery today.

Had a group presentation in my strategic management class.  I logged into my google drive where it's hosted to check and make sure everything was good to go right before class.  Logged in to see one of our groupmates deleting my section.   Words will be had.
    Take that up with your lecturer IMMEDIATELY! By doing that, they effectively sabotaged your work and put you at risk of failing the paper. Any self-respecting educational institution WILL drag that bugger before a disciplinary board.

also make a printout of the edit history as proof, it should show who made amendments to the document and when.

Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Shaddus said:

Got a text from my boss today telling me that I'll be working 10 hours a day, seven days a week for a while.

Can you get some RL alts to take some of those shifts? Also, I hope you get boatloads of OT pay.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I went to the doctor today and for the first time ever I had to get blood drawn. :( I don't like new things. It took enough courage to actually go to a doctor. Never again.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Shaddus said:

I'm doing 12 hour shifts the next week and a half... including the weekend. Suuuucks :/

Also I need to be -leaving- the house at 5 am tomorrow and I'm not even tired yet..

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Turnus said:
    Shaddus said:

I'm doing 12 hour shifts the next week and a half... including the weekend. Suuuucks :/

Also I need to be -leaving- the house at 5 am tomorrow and I'm not even tired yet..
    That just means you'll be tired enough tomorrow night to go to bed early!
    /brightside

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Ardmore said:
    I went to the doctor today and for the first time ever I had to get blood drawn. :( I don't like new things. It took enough courage to actually go to a doctor. Never again.
    This is rather exception than rule though, and it depends for what you go in. They're a good way to determine what is or isn't wrong with you, so think of the certainty that will bring. For what it's worth, I've been at the doctor four times in the last two months, and I didn't get blood tests. Granted, what I went for doesn't really need them. Know that you can also always refuse tests or ask to explore other options first. A good doctor will listen to their patients and work with rather than against them. I personally find having such a doctor is paramount to receiving proper help. If you feel your doctor is the problem, and you have the option of choice, consider visiting another next time. It can make all the difference.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    Or, alternatively, desensitize yourself and donate blood regularly.  It's how I got over not liking needles, and now I'm considering how I can finesse my budget for more tattoos.  :D
  • Tarkenton said:

Or, alternatively, desensitize yourself and donate blood regularly.  It's how I got over not liking needles, and now I'm considering how I can finesse my budget for more tattoos.  :D

I have been trying to coax a new tattoo out of my budget for a year now :(
  • Oh needles and whatnot don't bother me. It was just the first time - everyone's nervous the first time! Luckily it was over in just a couple of seconds... but this time that's a good thing! :D
  • The first time i had blood drawn I went in at 1 pm and had not eaten that day.  My mistake.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Ardmore said:
    Oh needles and whatnot don't bother me. It was just the first time - everyone's nervous the first time! Luckily it was over in just a couple of seconds... but this time that's a good thing! :D

I hope your nurse was satisfied with your performance.  He or she probably understands it's your first time giving, though.  If not, buy him or her dinner next time.