General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Stangmar said:
    The first time i had blood drawn I went in at 1 pm and had not eaten that day.  My mistake.
    I wasn't allowed to eat. After the first vial of two, I started getting tunnel vision and feeling like I was going to throw up. Apparently I got really pale and sweaty, so they put the arm rests down on the chair (so I didn't fall out) and got all kinds of excited about the guy about to pass out after losing like 3 drops of blood >_>

The good news is I used it as an excuse to not go to work that day :D The bad news is, I had allllmost worked up the nerve to donate blood at work, but now I'm really wary of it again, because I don't relish the idea of passing out and/or throwing up surrounded by people :P
  • I had a reaction like that on my third blood donation.  I'm now up to 49 (I'd be a lot farther, but I lost a few years due to a surgery, a few more due to an iron deficiency, and am currently losing another due to travel in Guatemala), and I've never had another reaction like that.  Don't let it stop you; just be sure you go there with a full tummy, and perhaps more importantly, well-hydrated.  Drinking a lot beforehand not only helps them hit your veins more easily (and thus less uncomfortably), for most people it makes that kind of bad reaction almost impossible.
  • Yes, it's hard when you give blood or have it drawn. It took me a while to figure out how I can have it done without violent nausea. Turns out that laying back works well for me.
  • Trying to do Nimhuire's oath earlier today, had to flake out and get Riluna to take over, after I managed to sugar crash and not be able to focus on more than a line of text at once :/
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • edited October 2013
    :( HOW DO I POST AN IMAGE ON THESE FORUMS? I'm trying to show people what my arm looks like from my blood test.

Whatever - here's the link to it.
  • Ardmore said:
    :( HOW DO I POST AN IMAGE ON THESE FORUMS? I'm trying to show people what my arm looks like from my blood test.

Whatever - here's the link to it.

1. Holy crap.  Are you dying?

2. I hope you're not dying.  From the looks of your arm, I bet you're cute.

3. Lol, you play Lusternia.  Of course you're pretty.
  • No, no. The nurse missed the vein - so she moved the needle around while it was under my skin until she found one. I don't know if it's bruised, because I thought those always hurt... just blood beneath the skin. Looks weird though.
  • Did she move the needle around with an electric drill? O_o Lady had to fish for mine too, but man, nothing like that
  • edited October 2013
    I GUESS I'M JUST A DELICATE FLOWER THEN.
  • Next time, do NOT let that nurse (or phlebotomist, if that's all they are) draw from you. That's one of the worst bruises I've ever seen from it, and I see a lot. :P

A good one will have you almost able to bend your arm immediately, and the bruise will be no more than a few centimeters large, taking a couple days to show up.
  • It's starting to hurt. :/
  • Geeze, it would seem you managed to get a nurse as talented as those my mother does [they tend to miss and move around too, once also drawing fluid that wasn't blood]. 

I've had blood drawn a few times and never even bruised, I can't imagine them doing a good job if it ends up like that o.=.o

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited October 2013
    Ardmore said:
    It's starting to hurt. :/
    GET THAT LOOKED AT. For the moment, Try putting some ice on it and see if the pain/bruising goes down a bit. If it does not improve, definitely get it seen to. The chances are small, but she may have done serious damage and you could have internal bleeding there - best not to leave it to chance, especially when it is at the site of a vein or artery. I would also make a complaint if I were you, it seems like the nurse did not have the slightest idea what she was doing. A trained phlebotomist will NEVER "dig around" under the skin like you described, there exists methods to draw the vein closer to the surface of your arm, making it easier to find the mark.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Seriously, I think I could've hit the vein better, and I've never drawn blood from anyone or even used a syringe for anything.  I would definitely file a complaint, it looks to me like whoever did that needs to go back to the cadaver and practice for a few years.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    edited October 2013
    Rancoura said:
    Turnus said:
    Shaddus said:
    Got a text from my boss today telling me that I'll be working 10 hours a day, seven days a week for a while.

I guess I didn't want to play Lusternia after all :/
    I'm doing 12 hour shifts the next week and a half... including the weekend. Suuuucks :/

Also I need to be -leaving- the house at 5 am tomorrow and I'm not even tired yet..
    That just means you'll be tired enough tomorrow night to go to bed early!
    /brightside
    Yeah. Only halfway through these shifts. So much stress and awfulness, its like grad school all over again. Too tired to do much of anything at all by the time I get home to boot.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    When cool roleplayz happen and I'm on my phone, unable to interact much/fast enough or log :/
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • My car overheated on route to my first shift of my new job Tuedsay morning. Luckily for me, my management team is really awesome and were very understanding.
    Had to have a piece in the engine replaced.

Wednesday, car overheated -again- on the way in, dropped it off at the garage (that happens to be next to my store) and they flushed out an air bubble, and said it was fixed.
    On my way home it overheated -again.-

Thursday, took my car in, garage owner said he could smell coolant in the exhaust, wanted to keep it overnight.

Got a call today saying that the head gasket needs working on, and it's going to run 1450ish. Car is only worth 800$

Can't make it in to my last day at the job I'm leaving, so now I feel like I've been really unprofessional because nobody was able to give me a lift.

Woohoo
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • I need to wash my super awesome Akatsuki snuggie, but that means I'll be without it for an hour and a half.

I do not want that life.
  • Crown system's autobasher that continuously walks into your room and attacks your shit.
    edited October 2013
    Ardmore said:
    Crown system's autobasher that continuously walks into your room and attacks your shit.
    I'm assuming you are referring to a player doing this - Did they respond at all to any requests you may have made for them to not do it?  There is a chance said person could have been AFK.

If you think someone is autobashing while AFK, do not hesitate to ISSUE that player, be as detailed as possible, AFK hunting is not permitted and can result in shrubbing for the offending party, particularly if it is not their first offence.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Actually when dealing with AFK bashers, issue yourself.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• That actually makes it more irritating - if they're not afk there's nothing you can do about their inconsiderateness. They just let the system bash away and continuously say "lulz, so sorry" over and over.

Targets should be tapped, all xp and gold going to whoever tapped it.
  • Ardmore said:
    Crown system's autobasher that continuously walks into your room and attacks your shit.
    Does it not support GMCP? Seems like it'd be a trivial matter to make sure that no one is there before they start killing...

• Acrune said:
    Ardmore said:
    Does it not support GMCP? Seems like it'd be a trivial matter to make sure that no one is there before they start killing...
    You'd think it would, but I didn't build it and I've never seen/used it, so I can't say. It's about 5 minutes worth of work. I still want my tapping idea.
  • I know if I ever actually bashed I'd be too incompetent to code in a change like that myself. That's why I got someone else's code/system.
  • Marcella said:
    I know if I ever actually bashed I'd be too incompetent to code in a change like that myself probably be respectful enough to not (1) break the rules by botting or (2) not autobashing things someone else is bashing. That's why I got someone else's code/system.

Now, I don't know you well, but Mork's always said you're pretty cool.
    edited October 2013
    Ardmore said:
    That actually makes it more irritating - if they're not afk there's nothing you can do about their inconsiderateness. They just let the system bash away and continuously say "lulz, so sorry" over and over.

Targets should be tapped, all xp and gold going to whoever tapped it.
    Well, a few options...

1. If they are an enemy, kill them - if they are not paying attention and just autobashing, they should be an easy kill.  Even if they ARE paying attention, it will cost them precious seconds to switch off the autobasher and change targets.  Plus if they do it mid-combat, they will have you plus a denizen beating on them.
    2. If they are in an allied city/commune, attempt to draft them into a party, they will soon start paying attention if they are no longer getting full experience/gold from their kills - don't remain grouped however, if they are indeed AFK-bashing, otherwise you could be penalised for gaining profit from their activities.  Just use this as a method to determine if they are paying attention or not.
    3. If you are a tarot user, use love potion to get them on your lust list, then empress them somewhere far away from where you are bashing, or keep empressing them all over the place >_>

• Well, Kio, it isn't against the rules to have automated bashing as long as you're physically there on the computer. If I accidentally come in and do a WSC on someone, that'd happen, like, all the time. I wouldn't be able to code a thing to stop it if it saw someone else in the room.
  • The easiest solution would be to find where you start autobashing at. Copy the code that does it, then replace it with sending who here...and trigger who here with just your name to do the snippet you replaced! Everyone's happy and all is well.
  • Marcella said:
    Well, Kio, it isn't against the rules to have automated bashing as long as you're physically there on the computer. If I accidentally come in and do a WSC on someone, that'd happen, like, all the time. I wouldn't be able to code a thing to stop it if it saw someone else in the room.

Actually, it is, heh.  Taken from HELP AUTOMATION:

Triggers and automation are allowed in most cases as long as they are not used
    for gaining gold or experience, whether you are AFK or not.