General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Marcella said:
    Well, Kio, it isn't against the rules to have automated bashing as long as you're physically there on the computer. If I accidentally come in and do a WSC on someone, that'd happen, like, all the time. I wouldn't be able to code a thing to stop it if it saw someone else in the room.
    You don't send the command until you know no one's in the room.
  • Well, there goes any chance I have of making demi.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Marcella said:

Well, there goes any chance I have of making demi.

Hey come on now, if I can do it, you certainly can >_>
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Said accused was already bashing in the undervault. New person comes in and complains that it is inconsiderate for said person to continue bashing in the undervault. Now, what relevance is it what system is being used? Especially when there was conversation and no afkedness, just a gripe at having to share an area that was (already) being hunted. Half stories are my dissatisfaction.

Now, back to the topic, it's incredibly frustrating that my husband finds himself unemployed and in the same week everything suddenly breaks and needs replacing.

• edited October 2013
    I'm pretty sure you're mistaken about who I was referring to. Besides, the Undervault is a huge place with many areas. You sound pretty stupid to say "I was in the northeast corner so I own the entire area." I also said nothing about anyone being AFK.

My gripe is I'm still sick. :( Woe. Guess that's what happened when I don't get sick for 4 years, it all comes at once.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited October 2013
    Words.

I've typed this countless different ways right now, but .. words.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Whips.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I'm not sure how I feel about these whips.
  • Whips :/

Also, crises of confidence.
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • Haven't checked for myself yet, but my dad's best quote on a new 'affordable' health insurance plan is $898 a month(and he makes an effort to take care of himself)
    Meanwhile, one of his co-workers who never finished high school, can't be bothered to do anything, chain smokes,  and has never contributed to society got a quote of $30 a month. 

There is something wrong with this world.

Stangmar - Retired

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    I am so mad at this professor who ate three weeks of my little free time.

You gave us a week to write 20,000 words - perhaps there's a reason why I'm the only one who finished in that time frame, with the woman in my class who has a masters in English only clocking in at 5,000 words, and the second highest GPA in the program having 2,500 words.

Perhaps, professor, perhaps it's unreasonable to expect 20 (fully described) rooms, 20 (fully described) objects, 3 interactions, and 4 functions, using a piece of web software that times out within five minutes of no-clicking, to be done within two weeks.

Professor, this is not an English course, it is a programming course. Please stop eating my time up with this stuff. I have 19 credits this semester, I don't need to have to cancel everything I want to do (from seeing my BF one of the two times I see him in a month, to coming onto Lusternia) so that I can work on your project.
  • I miss my Zouvi :(

I have RP for it.

I also have a present for it once it gets approved (and also submitted, but that should happen to tonight, finally) :(
  • Sigh...complaints. I should be in class right now, but my feelings for the teacher/class make it undesirable to go. Which, as a former teacher, I might tell myself is not a good excuse. As a current student:
    -It's a three hour drive to get there.
    -The assignments are all online and none of which require the teacher's help to complete.
    -The atmosphere of the class itself is awful and the professor is condescending and rude
    -It's week five and he really should have graded my projects by now from week ONE. 

...and most of my friends are teachers so I get no sympathy from them. Just "explanations."  Hmph.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    All the big giant scary spiders come out when my husband is away, and I'm forced to kill them. Not cool.

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Lavinya said:
    All the big giant scary spiders come out when my husband is away, and I'm forced to kill them. Not cool.
    Be careful. There may be a RL Viravain somewhere out there.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Just once, I wish people here would listen to me. Maybe then I won't have to be the one filling orders for which we don't have stock... while supervising the group of mentally handicapped volunteers.

Don't get me wrong - they're great kids. It just takes more than half a person to help them :/
  • Zouviqil said:
    I am so mad at this professor who ate three weeks of my little free time.

You gave us a week to write 20,000 words - perhaps there's a reason why I'm the only one who finished in that time frame, with the woman in my class who has a masters in English only clocking in at 5,000 words, and the second highest GPA in the program having 2,500 words.

Perhaps, professor, perhaps it's unreasonable to expect 20 (fully described) rooms, 20 (fully described) objects, 3 interactions, and 4 functions, using a piece of web software that times out within five minutes of no-clicking, to be done within two weeks.

Professor, this is not an English course, it is a programming course. Please stop eating my time up with this stuff. I have 19 credits this semester, I don't need to have to cancel everything I want to do (from seeing my BF one of the two times I see him in a month, to coming onto Lusternia) so that I can work on your project.
    Not to downplay your dissatisfaction, but even in programming courses it is important to be able to write. 19 credits may be a bit much to start with (I'm assuming that 5-6 classes total). It is not completely unreasonable for a lengthy assignment to be assigned for a college level class.

My own dissatisfaction: I have had no motivation to do anything lately, and yet there is so many things I could do.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Ayisdra said:
    My own dissatisfaction: I have had no motivation to do anything lately, and yet there is so many things I could do.
    Share some credits with your good friend Neos of course!
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Just saying, but I'm pretty sure my senior thesis on perdurantism vs edurantism wasn't even 20k words, and that was a whole semester and four drafts worth of work.
  • edited October 2013
    Ayisdra said:
    Not to downplay your dissatisfaction, but even in programming courses it is important to be able to write. 19 credits may be a bit much to start with (I'm assuming that 5-6 classes total). It is not completely unreasonable for a lengthy assignment to be assigned for a college level class.
    ------------------------------

Nah. Its important in a programming education to be able to write, but if I sign up for a course on programming, it'd be pretty silly if I was expected to turn in a 20000 word essay in it. Now, if I signed up for a class on technical writing or writing for games, then yeah, writing :P

Edited bunches of times trying to get quotes to work, I give up
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I know it's just television, and I'm not going to get too worked up about it... but eff NBC for icing Parks & Recreation. Sure this season hasn't been all that, but it's still the only thing worth watching on that network. Hasn't it built enough good will in the last five years?

Also, Fullmetal Alchemist is no longer on Netflix, and a load of other anime is going to be taken off by mid November. There's always DVD, I guess. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:

I know it's just television, and I'm not going to get too worked up about it... but eff NBC for icing Parks & Recreation. Sure this season hasn't been all that, but it's still the only thing worth watching on that network. Hasn't it built enough good will in the last five years?

Also, Fullmetal Alchemist is no longer on Netflix, and a load of other anime is going to be taken off by mid November. There's always DVD, I guess. 
    I stopped using Netflix for anime looooong ago. Crunchyroll all the way.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited October 2013
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Daraius said:

Brotherhood is still on Canadian Netflix  :P

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Daraius said:

I haven't heard anything about Parks & Rec being cancelled.  That seriously pisses me off if it's true.  If I believed in animal spirit bullshit, mine would be Ron Swanson.
    Stangmar - Retired

Not cancelled, but on hiatus. They'll burn off a few back-to-back episodes in November, then bring the rest back in 2014. I think they're showing The Voice reruns instead to draw a bigger audience for their other terrible Thursday night programming?

On the bright side, Archer and Community return in January.
    I used to make cakes.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I'm a fan of 'Chicago Fire' (my family are Chicago firefighters, which makes it fun when they point out the inaccuracies), and it will be gone for three weeks too... hmm.....
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Kio said: 
    I stopped using Netflix for anime looooong ago. Crunchyroll all the way.
    I had not heard of this type of sushi. But having checked it out, and failing to find FMA, I'm highly suspicious of the quality of its offerings.  :-w
    I used to make cakes.

• Real life has returned and I need to go back to work tomorrow.......blah.

On the positive note was a great time off and well overdue.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Everiine said:
    I'm a fan of 'Chicago Fire' (my family are Chicago firefighters, which makes it fun when they point out the inaccuracies), and it will be gone for three weeks too... hmm.....
    I watch it when I can, unfortunately, it's current time-slot corresponds with Person of Interest, which must be watched no matter what.

A related dissatisfaction, too many of the shows I want to watch are packed into Tuesdays, meaning I have to choose which show I want to watch, yet the other 4 days of the work/school week allow me to properly focus on one show without really having to choose.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"