General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    My fiance was working full time hours at her job, but because it was split over three different positions on different days, legally she was working three part-time jobs, so they didn't have to give her benefits. Companies, corporations, and foundations will find any way they can to keep from paying and supporting their employees in reasonable ways.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    You should see if she can get unemployment for three part time jobs to fill in the hours she would have received at three full time jobs.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited November 2013
    Unemployment doesn't work that way....

You're suppose to receive roughly the amount of working part time at your previous job and if you make more than the amount given to you they deny you benefits. 
  • Everiine said:
    My fiance was working full time hours at her job, but because it was split over three different positions on different days, legally she was working three part-time jobs, so they didn't have to give her benefits. Companies, corporations, and foundations will find any way they can to keep from paying and supporting their employees in reasonable ways.
    I agree that many companies are very selfish in this regard.

However, let's not paint with a broad brush.  There are companies out there that make an active effort to treat their employees equitably.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• Agreed, my current company is lovely. I find it makes all the difference to keep looking until you've found a good fit. After all, you have to be there a large part of each day, most days of the week. 

My rant: Snow. It's pretty and all but why does it have to be so slippery? We only had a tiny bit of it last night, but it was enough to make the less driven parts of the road icy enough that my car started sliding a bit. This is no fun when you have to do a turn on a busy road to go back the way you came from, and there is enough mist that oncoming traffic was only visible due to its headlights. On the upside, looks like it was just a one day thing and we're back to rain, which I vastly prefer :P 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • It snowed yesterday but I was optimistic. Then I woke up this morning and we got like... a foot. ._.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Wait, did you want more?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Well, no, I didn't expect it to snow all night and... it hasn't stopped yet.
  • NO, FAMILY GUY.

NO. YOU ARE A VULGAR HUMOR SHOW, YOU ARE NOT MEANT TO MAKE ME FEEL.

• Aiyana said:
    NO, FAMILY GUY. NO. YOU ARE A VULGAR HUMOR SHOW, YOU ARE NOT MEANT TO MAKE ME FEEL.
    Do I need to get Fry's dog in here again?
    If I'm on topic, something has gone horribly wrong.
  • Even though I finally finished a looooong project, I can't bring myself to write the report about it (which I need to get the credits)...every time I start writing, I either end up falling asleep or procrastinating otherwise. I really wish I could stay more focused especially since it's nothing big this time...just explaining my code instead of fighting it...
  • Casilu said:

Do I need to get Fry's dog in here again?
    No, ma'am.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    If you're going to ask me how to do something, then turn around and do it -the exact opposite way-...what makes you think I'm going to listen to you complain when it doesn't work out.

:-bd
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I have't gotten sick in about 5 years... I mean, before this year. These last two months have been pretty crappy. :( I guess it's all catching up at once.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ardmore said:
    I have't gotten sick in about 5 years... I mean, before this year. These last two months have been pretty crappy. :( I guess it's all catching up at once.
    You're just recalibrating your antibodies.
  • Happy Thanksgiving, it's awesome to wake up to busted water pipes, and busted heaters in a 15-20F house.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    So I've had no heating since Saturday, the electrician was coming today between 1 and 1:30, which meant I wouldn't be able to nab a Domoth when Life/Death fluxed as there's not enough time, assuming he'd shut the power off to fix the problems in the house.

He arrived at 1:35, and was here 10 minutes before saying he'll be back in 2 hours with his toolbox, I feel trolled.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Ouch. At least hopefully your heating gets fixed. Can't bash when you're freezing, and gaming with gloves on just isn't very efficient :P
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    The more long shifts I do, the more my mind seems to get lost. I'm used to catching myself doing ridiculous things every now and then, but so far in the last week I've:

- Walked around the house looking for my working shoes, when I'm holding them in my right hand.

- Left my ID card in a parking lot overnight, only to drive up to the same spot the next day and wonder who the hell would just drop and leave their ID on the ground... only to realise it was mine.

- Attempt to use my credit card to open doors meant for said ID card.

- Shift my car into neutral instead of parking, and being baffled as to why I can't get the key out.

- Attempt to drink from my water bottle without opening it first.

- Miss a stair when stepping down.

- Writing out the return address as the mailing address.

- Mix up the moisturizer and the toothpaste.

I can only hope I'm not screwing up other things without realising it and that I'll adjust. But in the meantime, good grief.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Vivet said:
    I do this -all the time- and it's so embarrassing.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Try to get as much sleep as you can, being so confused usually means you're not getting enough. If really bad, it could be doing microsleeps, which is where it just shuts itself down a few seconds and you black out. It's a self-preservation mechanic, but if that happens when you are driving, you could end up in serious trouble. Do be careful. 
  • Rialorm said:
    Try to get as much sleep as you can, being so confused usually means you're not getting enough. If really bad, it could be doing microsleeps, which is where it just shuts itself down a few seconds and you black out. It's a self-preservation mechanic, but if that happens when you are driving, you could end up in serious trouble. Do be careful. 
    Yes, please. That happened to me while driving, and I'm lucky to even be alive, so please make sure you're getting the sleep you need!
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
    Rialorm said:
    Try to get as much sleep as you can, being so confused usually means you're not getting enough.
    Yeah, I know, and I try. But when you set your alarm for seven and a half hours, and you wake up after six, and still can't get back to sleep after trying to stay in bed for another 20 minutes, sometimes it is simply a losing battle.

It's weird. My body will feel fine and rested, but my brain will still go AWOL pretty fast.

Forgetting to switch off your P2P when playing Lusternia is generally a bad thing.

Forgetting to switch it off when you're doing Knowledge with fear/aeon/blackout/stupidity spam is HELL.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Vivet said:
    Rialorm said:
    Try to get as much sleep as you can, being so confused usually means you're not getting enough.
    Yeah, I know, and I try. But when you set your alarm for seven and a half hours, and you wake up after six, and still can't get back to sleep after trying to stay in bed for another 20 minutes, sometimes it is simply a losing battle.

It's weird. My body will feel fine and rested, but my brain will still go AWOL pretty fast.

Are you stressed? That can mess with your memory too, and anxiety is a known cause of waking up early. I've been getting my share of waking early lately too, after quitting medication that was helping me sleep. So I feel your pain there. I've moved my alarm out of reach, so I can't be tempted to check what time it is. I am lucky that usually I can just roll over and drift off again.
  • Vivet said:
    The more long shifts I do, the more my mind seems to get lost. I'm used to catching myself doing ridiculous things every now and then, but so far in the last week I've:

- Walked around the house looking for my working shoes, when I'm holding them in my right hand.

- Left my ID card in a parking lot overnight, only to drive up to the same spot the next day and wonder who the hell would just drop and leave their ID on the ground... only to realise it was mine.

- Attempt to use my credit card to open doors meant for said ID card.

- Shift my car into neutral instead of parking, and being baffled as to why I can't get the key out.

- Miss a stair when stepping down.

- Writing out the return address as the mailing address.

- Mix up the moisturizer and the toothpaste.

I can only hope I'm not screwing up other things without realising it and that I'll adjust. But in the meantime, good grief.

Just the other day, I plugged the wrong end of my earbuds into my ear....at work, lol.

Stangmar - Retired

• Stangmar said:
    Just the other day, I plugged the wrong end of my earbuds into my ear....at work, lol.

You only think it was the wrong end because you've been programmed to believe you're human.
  • I found TARDIS and dalek shaped bisquit cutters....only to find out that they only ship to the UK.

Now I've got to return to my original sparkly unicorn plan. Though Dr. Who themed stuff would've been much cooler. Either way, I'm going to revolutionise my friends' and family's concept of Christmas cookies.
  • My great uncle passed away this morning.

:(

I'm sorry for your loss, had I known I probably wouldn't have picked tonight for Mork to give Aiyana a pep talk.