General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Tirah said:
    Sarrasri said:
    Computer is starting to have heat management issues.  :/ And weather went from cold, cloudy, and rainy to "Oh hi, I'm hot" within the span of a few days. So now my computer wants to overheat and turn itself off.
    Same thing here, I dug out my cooling pad and it is a bit of a help with my laptop.
    You might want to dust off the computer (and fans). it might help with that. specks of dust sometimes choke the fans. it happens.
  • Sarrasri said:
    Computer is starting to have heat management issues.  :/ And weather went from cold, cloudy, and rainy to "Oh hi, I'm hot" within the span of a few days. So now my computer wants to overheat and turn itself off.
    Tirah said:
    Sarrasri said:
    Same thing here, I dug out my cooling pad and it is a bit of a help with my laptop.

Take a long interdental brush and take it to the heatsink. Those things get clogged up with dust and fuzz that forms the grossest insulation and prevents adequate cooling. Especially on laptops.
  • Sarrasri said:
    Tirah said:
    Sarrasri said:

Take a long interdental brush and take it to the heatsink. Those things get clogged up with dust and fuzz that forms the grossest insulation and prevents adequate cooling. Especially on laptops.
    Valaria said:
    Tirah said:
    Sarrasri said:
    You might want to dust off the computer (and fans). it might help with that. specks of dust sometimes choke the fans. it happens.
    The last time I took out all screws from the backplate it still did not open, leaving me somewhat limited in cleaning options.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited May 2017
    Totally wrong thread.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Everiine said:
    Do my allergies get worse every year? Sure feels like it. I don't remember this pounding headache all day and all night.
    I know you're in a different area of the country but around here, the last couple of years have been getting worse for people. About a month ago, I wasn't sure if it even was allergies, it was so bad. It set off my asthma and everything. Then as soon as the pollen dropped, I got better. Crazy... #thanksclimatechange
  • My hard drive I used to save everything on (except OS) died. :( Husband managed to get the hard drive out of my dead laptop, so at least have that now. Would be not so bad, but financial situation right now doesn't allow for replacing it with anything new. So RIP hard drive. You will be missed.
  • I want to disappear.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Woke up at 1:37 AM from a nightmare.

Said nightmare involved being in an elevated train that fell off the tracks.

I get on the train going to work and off the train coming home from work at an elevated train station.

Guess who barely slept afterward?
  • Somebody told this annoying guy at work that his Peter Griffin voice impersonation is good, and he's just doing that all the time now. It's been like 2 weeks. Also is not even a good impersonation.
  • Selenity said:
    Woke up at 1:37 AM from a nightmare.

Said nightmare involved being in an elevated train that fell off the tracks.

I get on the train going to work and off the train coming home from work at an elevated train station.

Guess who barely slept afterward?
    i assume 'evelated' is related to lusternia bug :D
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited June 2017
    I wish I had a sign. I wish I could write anything on that sign that I want to, and people would read it and not be offended. Stuff like, "You're a grown ass man and so am I, quit grabbing my boob or side fat as a joke", or "This is my office, not your hangout spot", or "Your ride is over, quit talking and get out of my car and go into your home so I can go home myself", or "You can't pay me to give you a ride home but you can afford cable so your wife can watch the Kardashians? Wtf."
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • My landlady brought crickets for her son's geckos which are standing in my room again. Even though I asked her to please refrain from it since I have to sleep in the room with all the noise (trust me, crickets can be bloody loud when they are chirping 1m from your face...even ear plugs can't drown them out a lot ). The last time after she ignored my plea, I left my door open for one night since she always sleeps with hers open. Result: in the morning she asked me where all the noise was coming from since she barely slept. Told her it was her crickets and that I needed to leave my door open since it's so hot in summer. Didn't have crickets for a while after that. Seems like it's time to open the door again. It's 2 am, I have to get up early and I want to bloody sleep.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Can confirm, crickets are extremely loud.

• Why is she keeping her son's stuff in your room? Aren't you renting the space?
  • Her son didn't bother to look for a place for them when he moved out. And since I really wanted the room (my landlady is great otherwise) I said that I don't mind them still being there.. I mean, they are cute....but only without the bloody crickets. After I told her the last time, she bought different live food. Flour worms for example are quiet and even better for the geckos since they are quite old and often fail to catch the crickets.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Hot water heater died last night. Forgot about that fact this morning after going for a run.

I was told the gasping and shriek were hilarious. I managed to power through, but man, last thing I wanted to do was drop a few hundred dollars and spend the weekend installing a new one. Especially since I'm fighting my hoarder father in law in attempting to not drag forty years of accumulated junk to our shops new location.
  • Shaddus said:
    I wish I had a sign. I wish I could write anything on that sign that I want to, and people would read it and not be offended. Stuff like, "You're a grown ass man and so am I, quit grabbing my boob or side fat as a joke", or "This is my office, not your hangout spot", or "Your ride is over, quit talking and get out of my car and go into your home so I can go home myself", or "You can't pay me to give you a ride home but you can afford cable so your wife can watch the Kardashians? Wtf."
    I grab your boob ONE time and it's suddenly an issue. Some people, I swear 
  • edited June 2017
    I looked up the alumni at my old alma mater D: #somanysucessfulpeople! #scary
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Ordassa said:
    One of my high school classmates, about a year or two after graduating college, was hired as the principal of our high school. Talk about feeling like a failure.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    Ordassa said:
    One of my high school classmates, about a year or two after graduating college, was hired as the principal of our high school. Talk about feeling like a failure.
    oh man! I sympathize!
  • edited June 2017
    Ordassa said:
    Facebook is the worst for that! Nurse practitioner, social workers, dentists, pharmacists and all manner of fun careers in all kinda places. Here I am still in Alabama turning 33 this month, got married for the first time in November, still in school (Graduate), TTC, and living at home (won't ever move out as Mom is on disability with health problems).

Edit: I forgot to mention all the babies and kids and cutesy staged photos and obsession with family Roll Tide crimson and houndstooth decked out portraits and monogrammed EVERYTHING.
  • Meliana said:
    Ordassa said:
    Facebook is the worst for that! Nurse practitioner, social workers, dentists, pharmacists and all manner of fun careers in all kinda places. Here I am still in Alabama turning 33 this month, got married for the first time in November, still in school (Graduate), TTC, and living at home (won't ever move out as Mom is on disability with health problems).

Edit: I forgot to mention all the babies and kids and cutesy staged photos and obsession with family Roll Tide crimson and houndstooth decked out portraits and monogrammed EVERYTHING.
    I feel ya. I'm in a similar situation (worse, actually). It sucks. I'm glad I'm not on Facebook anymore. Though there is a saying about that - "Don't compare your behind-the-scenes to someone else's highlight reel." Easier said than done, of course.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Remember cartoons that always made fun of those families with the projectors that would plague their neighbors/friends with slide shows of their vacations and the like?

Facebook is just like that, except 24/7, and you have the distance of the internet to help you avoid participating.

There, now you can feel better about disregarding that stuff.

(Just goes to show, some things never change! Just the method/mode).
  • edited June 2017
    @Vivet I quit facebook. Way back when it became popular, I wasn't quick to adopt it. I used it for procrastination gaming &  information aggregation.

My old Alma Mater was a place where you made good grades (3.5-4.0 was the norm), went to the top universities outside the country & and generally did well by landing in the top 10% of life. Making decent money was a given, you were expected to excel & most of my classmates did.

D: not a description of my life's trajectory. #pressure
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited June 2017
    I'm working hard at getting back in touch with teenage me, getting back into I can kick the world's ass mode. It's been probably fifteen, twenty years since I was doing more than being a viewer in my life.

Compared to the people on facebook? I'm an subject failure. But the thing to keep in mind is that most people only put up the really high notes of their life. The misery, the pain, the sads or depressing things are kept locked away from the public eye, because of course my life is perfect, my spouse isn't cheating on me, I don't feel like my life has peaked at where I am right now.

So keep that in mind. Their good life is the public mask they wear.

As for my general dissatisfaction? My knee hurts, and I got cracked twice hard in the shin when emptying the boss's storage unit.
  • My Facebook feed is full of kittens and politics.