General Dissatisfaction

1246247248249250252»

Comments

• AlexandriaAlexandria Member Posts: 65 Capable
    Mornings. I disagree with them on principle. I especially disagree with going to working these so-called ‘daylight’ hours. More like burning daystar hours. 
    Just in case anyone thought that cooking in a restaurant was glamorous...
    Tonight I had to go behind several days worth of lazy cooks to empty out the egg trap (where the waste/run-off from the egg grill gets dropped down into). I retched repeatedly, and as a grown-ass woman of 33, had to run away holding my stomach so I didn’t hurl. Twice. 

I really, really hate lazy people. 
  • MakaiMakai Member Posts: 409 Adept
    No wonder none of my beasts will take the eggfeed I try to give them....
  • RaughlinRaughlin Member Posts: 8 Novice
    Tonight I had to go behind several days worth of lazy cooks to empty out the egg trap (where the waste/run-off from the egg grill gets dropped down into). I retched repeatedly, and as a grown-ass woman of 33, had to run away holding my stomach so I didn’t hurl. Twice. 

Only people who never worked in a restaurant would think that. I truly sympathize with you. I managed to get myself out of that world years ago and I don't miss it in the least.

As for my own dissatisfaction... I completed a contract last April and then had to start looking for a new job afterwards. I got a few interviews but never succeeded to get hired. Every month, I see my bank account getting lower and lower. At this rate, I'll have to go back working some crappy job at minimum wage and I really, really don't want to. Thank God I don't have a kid to support.
    Raughlin said:

Only people who never worked in a restaurant would think that. I truly sympathize with you. I managed to get myself out of that world years ago and I don't miss it in the least.

As for my own dissatisfaction... I completed a contract last April and then had to start looking for a new job afterwards. I got a few interviews but never succeeded to get hired. Every month, I see my bank account getting lower and lower. At this rate, I'll have to go back working some crappy job at minimum wage and I really, really don't want to. Thank God I don't have a kid to support.
    I hear you. Two small kids not in school yet here. Could start looking for something else, but I actually like my job when I’m not busy being a nursemaid. 
  • NyanaNyana Member Posts: 77 Apprentice
    "That's not how mommy does it" "What WE always do..." "This tastes different from usual!"
    ...Child, it is water that I boiled and put on top of packaged oatmeal. Of the few explanations I can think of for why it would "taste different", the most logical is that you are a critical, picky child who is imagining things.

Ironically, her mother knows I am an excellent cook and has changed the way she does some things after seeing how I do them. *sigh* Babysitting...

• PysynnePysynne Member Posts: 68 Capable
    TFW  your new "supervisor" calls to say he is sending someone to your region to give you a hand and you say "great this is what I need help with." and he says "No, I didn't mean that kind of help."