General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Here's what I do when I'm angry

1) Can I do anything to change the situation as it is? 

If yes - Change it, fix the issue and move on

if no - get over it, being angry isn't going to solve anything, and learn your lesson so it doesn't happen again

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    Here's what I do when I'm angry

1) Can I do anything to change the situation as it is? 

If yes - Change it, fix the issue and move on

if no - get over it, being angry isn't going to solve anything, and learn your lesson so it doesn't happen again
    Yes, but it will take multiple days/months/years - ??
    Then start working on it, and at least you have the endgoal. No sense in being angry if you're working towards fixing the problem

or decide it's not worth your days/months/years, get over it, and move on

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • That's my secret.  I'm always angry.

You just have to find an outlet.  I used to be a very angry person.  Those of you who are old timers on Lusternia will remember my temper.   I have basically followed what Synkarin said.  

And if you can't do anything about it, find an outlet.  For me it was going for a drive(although probably not the best position to be in while angry, lol), playing a video game(but careful to avoid challenges that might anger me, lol), or go hang with someone else.  

Stangmar - Retired

• Stangmar said:

And if you can't do anything about it, find an outlet.  For me it was going for a drive(although probably not the best position to be in while angry, lol), playing a video game(but careful to avoid challenges that might anger me, lol), or go hang with someone else.  

Hill sprints! I'm very rarely angry, but sprinting up a hill until I feel like puking takes the edge off when I am :P
  • I've been in a physical altercation with somebody that tried to force me to exercise......

I don't think your method will work for me.
    Stangmar - Retired

• So the Moto X, Moto G, and possibly the LG G3 will be getting Android 5.0 before the Google Nexus devices.

Stangmar - Retired

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited November 2014
    Got beautiful new laptop, but I think it's too classy to run the outdated version of Java I need to play with Nexus. Uuuugh.

Also, whose idea was Windows 8? Uuuugh.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    I don't find Windows 8 that bad

some of the apps (notably Skype) are pretty unwieldy to use, but I don't use the start menu thing much at all

8.1 makes it a bit better

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Watching my mother try to use Windows 8 is hilarious.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Synkarin said:
    I don't find Windows 8 that bad

some of the apps (notably Skype) are pretty unwieldy to use, but I don't use the start menu thing much at all

8.1 makes it a bit better
    the windows 8 version of skype, I didn't even find worth it, I uninstalled in and installed the normal one that I knew how to work, it ws pretty bad that the product seemed almost like two entirely different things.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

Doesn't Microsoft own Skype now?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Everiine said:
    Watching my mother try to use Windows 8 is hilarious.
    My dad just made the switch. It's hilarious.  I've adjusted just fine.

Everiine said:
    Doesn't Microsoft own Skype now?
    Yes
    Stangmar - Retired

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited November 2014
    I didn't think I was an idiot, but every single time I try to do anything with Mudlet I just want to cry. Nothing works, I can't troubleshoot my problems, I can't decipher the language you use to talk about the problems.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Daraius said:
    I didn't think I was an idiot, but every single time I try to do anything with Mudlet I just want to cry. Nothing works, I can't troubleshoot my problems, I can't decipher the language you use to talk about the problems.
    Well, if you need someone to help you figure something out or explain something in really basic terms (e.g. "the trigger line thingie," "drop down box," "the big command box thing")... Maybe I can help because I don't understand much of Mudlet language either. I am very fluent, however, in the language of copy and paste.

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    @Daraius and @Zyphora, I'll help if you want help, too. Just lemme know!
  • The answer is get someone Mudlet savvy to help you with Team Viewer

It's true, I really am you.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    *throws in hat to offer to help too.  Though he sucks at mudlet lately*
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Or just use MUSH instead! I am super coding deficient but I find Mush makes sense and is very easy to use.

I do like MUSH better than Mudlet, but I can't use it anymore :( .

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited November 2014
    I didn't wanna play WoW or anything...no...
  • The amount of whine on my FB wall about servers being down is horrible, and I quit playing years ago.

Also why do people seem to think that if a server is taken down again after it goes up and runs stable for a bit, that is the company doing it on purpose to harm players? Furthermore if you log on but experience no lag, that does not mean things are ok :P They probably put the servers back up to test something, verified it being the culprit, and then took it down as a precaution while applying and testing a fix. Sigh, sometimes knowing how things work and go can be a disadvantage because it gets you all worked up over people bizarre arcane theories as to why something is happening.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Last night I waited 7 hours in a queue just to log in...there are still queues. Thus my complaint. 
  • edited November 2014
    I don't like to complain, but I will all the same.

Took someone to the train with me in the morning. They made the train, I didn't.
    Waiting at the bus stop, somebody knocked into my elbow and my phone cracked when it landed on the only pebble in the area.
    Went to a friends 50th birthday party at an outdoor pub, and it starting raining bad lighting and thunder making us all go inside. Which would have been fine but everyone was smoking and I got a headache and starting coughing up my lung.
    Then my daughter knocked my wife's bear all over her.
    Then we came home and found my dog was not home. (We live in a second level apartment)
    Found the dog in the down stair neighbor's yard all covered in mud.

That felt good.  Thanks.
  • Daganev said:
    I don't like to complain, but I will all the same.

Took someone to the train with me in the morning. They made the train, I didn't.
    Waiting at the bus stop, somebody knocked into my elbow and my phone cracked when it landed on the only pebble in the area.
    Went to a friends 50th birthday party at an outdoor pub, and it starting raining bad lighting and thunder making us all go inside. Which would have been fine but everyone was smoking and I got a headache and starting coughing up my lung.
    Then my daughter knocked my wife's bear all over her.
    Then we came home and found my dog was not home. (We live in a second level apartment)
    Found the dog in the down stair neighbor's yard all covered in mud.

That felt good.  Thanks.
    Damn, that is one horrible day. Hope tomorrow is better :(
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • In a couple days, it will be my birthday.

And I am dreading it with every coming second.

Because it will mark one year from when someone beloved to me was taken from me. And circumstances dictate that they will likely never again be able to return to where I am. And I cannot be where they are.

It marks months of heartache.

But it will mark celebration for them, for which I can be glad, simply because they still live.

But I am still terrified to wish, because wishes have prices, and I have nothing left to give.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • *hug Orventa* I feel your pain reading that.

For myself it seems that a series of events and dreams has unearthed in me a pain I thought I had dealt with. That feeling of having a hole in your chest through which all joy and hope has escaped and you're left with nothing but sadness and pain. I don't like this :(
  • The Burning Legion is the one true Horde. I don't care what Blizzard says.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Comparatively minor to everyone else's complaints:

I can't play Lusternia when I'm in class on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

Sadness.