General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• filling out job paperwork online.. and it not working.. -.-

they probably think I am an idiot. I have called them twice today and twice I am going to have to tell them, "oh figured it out." instead of telling them, oh, your website is fudged and oh, your directions are wrong too might wanna fix that - cause everyone I know tells me "don't be that guy" =\
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited November 2014
    Welp, this is a thing that's happening. 

Stand by for Absence post if I can't figure out wtf is wrong. Not doing much of anything locked in 640x480 resolultion with garbage all over the screen.:/
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Check yo video drivers.
  • my computer did that or something very similar. took it in and they ran diagnostics on the motherboard and while is came back okay it took a very long time and they deemed it to be the mobo going on me =\ I hope for your sake it may be a little dust or a lose connection. I tried replacing my hard drive and graphic card before changing up the computer, the one thing I did NOT try was putting the graphic card in the other graphic card slot in the computer which, very well could have been the real issue in hind sight but its whatever this many years down the road.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• I would like to bite the person who put me in this mood. 
    is dead like the dodo
    I'm praying it's something as benign as an outdated video driver, but the light show I get when I boot up makes me fear the worst. We'll see what happens when I get home from work!

Xeria said:
    I would like to bite the person who put me in this mood. 
    WAS IT ME???  :-O
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    Welp, this is a thing that's happening. 

Stand by for Absence post if I can't figure out wtf is wrong. Not doing much of anything locked in 640x480 resolultion with garbage all over the screen.:/
    Pretty sure either your graphics drivers got messed up (do a clean reinstall) or your graphics card is overheating. Considering the resolution change I think the former is more likely though.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • edited November 2014
    @Daraius nope not at all. No one in lusternia caused that mood. :)

I hate to say it but that flashclient is slow as hell and often buggy.

If you can, install mudclient. It takes -some- getting used to, but it works. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The flash client is pretty inferior in every way, except in prettiness. It is nice to look at. But it's slow as a bantha on muscle relaxers.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    edited November 2014
    Yeah that screenshot is actually the forums frontpage. The only client I can tolerate is Nexus, because that's what I've been using for [too many] years. It has its issues, but Mudlet breaks my brain and the HTML5 client is unusable. Driver update didn't fix my problem, so I guess next is the clean reinstall @Rialorm suggested. It's tricky when I can barely read my screen. :(

Update: It looks like this is a not uncommon thing that happens with Sony VAIO and the particular GeForce driver I have. A little searching turned up a "Sony & Nvidia 8400 Problem Easy Solution" video, step one of which is "disassemble the laptop." 
    :))
    I used to make cakes.

• Why is the HTML5 client unusable?  I'm having great luck with it.
    The only problem I know of is that if you use client_vars those variables are stored on the server, and cause lag.  But if you stick to local vars you should be fine.
  • Mudlet is easy once you get the hang of it. I'll gladly sit down with you and explain it. Plus we have a forum thread you can barrage with questions.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • edited November 2014
    Daganev said:
    Stuff about HTML5

Rialorm said:
    Mudlet is easy once you get the hang of it. I'll gladly sit down with you and explain it. Plus we have a forum thread you can barrage with questions.

I believe @Daganev has mentioned before that because he changed computers, and plays in many locations, including the train on commute, that it's much easier to use the HTML5. 
    However, in saying that, there is also the Help Chat in Mudlet, which can assist you in both learning, and asking questions of people with the "Skillz that Killz"

EDITED: For cleanliness.
    Is also the Shintar.
    Daganev said:

Why is the HTML5 client unusable?

Among other things, it's slow, there's big clunky buttons all over it, and Gaudiguch is in the background. Plus the who list doesn't stay on the org I want it to. Keeps flipping back to default.

At the end of the day, Nexus does what I need it to do in an interface and language I'm familiar with. I'm not hardcore enough to need the scripting power of Lua, and not patient enough to want to learn it for funsies.
    I used to make cakes.

• I think I just deleted my email archive.... Tomorrow is my last day at this job and I was cleaning up old files. I deleted my old backup folder and made a new one. My outlook seems to think the archive was mapped to the one I deleted. Well nothing important went to the archive but I think it will look shady.  :(

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    .....I'm not googling that. what's a Nene Leak?

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • it is a person

It's true, I really am you.
  • Well, it's either a meme leek or a Nene Leakes. Not sure which would be more awesome.
  • I learned to be very cautious about Googling things after Blue Waffles. 
    Stangmar - Retired

• Stangmar said:
    I learned to be very cautious about Googling things after Blue Waffles. 
    As a C++ programmer, I learned that I shouldn't google CString at work.

Also, that it is best not to ask google "what do I do if my watch smells bad", because it comes back with a bunch of results that don't really apply to me... 

My dissatisfaction: Grouting. Ugggh, what a mess. Hope I'm doing it right... At the very least, it looks better than it did before I started...
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited November 2014
    After an hour of twisting, turning and literally tying my phone cord into knots, trying to prop the phone itself up at a million different angles and finally getting it to connect while sitting flat with no fuss and no muss...iTunes decides that it must use this opportunity to not sync the ONE SONG that I wanted to transfer, but rather re-sync my entire library of 419 songs and 54 podcasts.

Fuckin. Technology.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • okay, everything pisses me off these days. EVERYTHING

I was a rather laid back person, who was able to keep my temper under control and fake it with a smile. This year, everthing drives me into a murderous rage. I've gone from "eehh...can't kill people" to "F*CK IT! that person is going to give me shit and no amount of reason or tact or people skills will fix the situation. I really want to strangle him or her right this instant. No person, no shit. That would solve the problem."

Angry me can't function properly. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • Xeria said:
    okay, everything pisses me off these days. EVERYTHING

I was a rather laid back person, who was able to keep my temper under control and fake it with a smile. This year, everthing drives me into a murderous rage. I've gone from "eehh...can't kill people" to "F*CK IT! that person is going to give me shit and no amount of reason or tact or people skills will fix the situation. I really want to strangle him or her right this instant. No person, no shit. That would solve the problem."

Angry me can't function properly. 
    That sounds like burnout :( I recommend a healthy dose of 'me' time, even if you feel you don't have the time. It's going to be way worse if you keep it up and snap, and I say this from personal experience.
  • @Rialorm Definitely not burn out, because I've taken alot of me time already. Still angry. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • Cool Texas, drop from 85 high one day then 44 high the next. Nah I don't mind at aaalll. -.-

It's true, I really am you.
  • Xeria said:
    @Rialorm Definitely not burn out, because I've taken alot of me time already. Still angry. 
    Well fudge :( Hope you can figure it what it is then.
  • Rialorm said:
    Xeria said:
    @Rialorm Definitely not burn out, because I've taken alot of me time already. Still angry. 
    World events have had me pretty angry for the past two weeks.
  • Daganev said:
    Rialorm said:
    Xeria said:
    World events have had me pretty angry for the past two weeks.
    I've lost the ability to be angry and function. 
    is dead like the dodo