General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Using my Complete Cthulu Mythos book as a makeshift mousepad. Probably going to call forth an ancient, eldritch virus of unknowable horrors. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Or you're just using Windows.
  • Sick of internet/network issues.

Our home internet connection is shite.  I finally got the ISP to send out a technician who was forced to admit the cable coming into our house was bad and fixed it.  Still have random connectivity issues.

At work, the network isn't allowing smartphones to connect to our exchange server(but they can on 4G or any other network).   So while that's being resolved, everybody's phone batteries are being drained trying to connect(i disabled the account on mine and have spread the word for those affected).

Stangmar - Retired

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited October 2014
    Shadow of Mordor keeps crashing on my laptop, and the latest was in a really good spot, where I had baited a group of enemies, with two potential nemesii into a nest of beast to get wrecked. :(
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Every day that Pawn Stars is still on the air while Longmire has been cancelled is a chilling reminder about injustice in this world.
    Stangmar - Retired

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    While I didn't know her on Lusternia, I knew her on MKO, and today I learned that Visaeris died. :(
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Oh no... I'm sorry to hear that :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Oh, hello influenza. Thanks for stopping by when I have things I need to do. No, it's no trouble at all if you hang around for a while.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • My left alt and left shift keys died on me last night. Honestly would have preferred broken legs or something.
    Sometimes, I wake up, and just feel rotten at everything I do and am.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Everiine said:
    I have this except to me it happens when I go to sleep. It's just your brain having some feelings for god knows what reason. Don't buy into it. Fight back however you can. I'd say having a nice hot shower, a good cup of tea / coffee and a special breakfast if you can are things to do on such days.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Also, I have a rant: Why are these wigs taking forever to respawn? Is this broken or are they seriously on a one hour respawn timer? Because that seems like an extremely poor decision.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Manflu.

Ugh.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Rialorm said:
    Everiine said:
    I have this except to me it happens when I go to sleep. It's just your brain having some feelings for god knows what reason. Don't buy into it. Fight back however you can. I'd say having a nice hot shower, a good cup of tea / coffee and a special breakfast if you can are things to do on such days.
    By the time my back hurt this afternoon, I decided to just go lay down and take a 2 hour nap with Tylenol. It helped. But still a rotten day.

• Got a call yesterday afternoon from my dad asking if I knew where he left his soldering iron(I didn't know the answer, haven't visited for months).

Got a call back a few hours later.  He found the soldering iron and needs to buy a new laptop.  

Had to help him find an external hard drive enclosure online so he can keep all his data.   He's going to switch to a Chromebook now.  I don't think it will be so easy to mess up as a PC, since he can't install a million things on it.
    Stangmar - Retired

Coming to the slow realization that I don't like my boss. And that I can get paid more cleaning up exotic ungulate poop for the Smithsonian Institution.
    I used to make cakes.

• You...you have a boss? I thought that cake shop was yours!

Nope. I do it all for an hourly wage, no tips, no commissions. The store owner reaps the benefits of having dedicated and talented staff (to the tune of two houses, at least one car and boat, twins by surrogate), despite removing himself from nearly all the day-to-day management of his shop and giving no one a raise in over a year. All of his essential staff are frustrated by a lot of things happening right now, but I feel like it's bad form to rant too explicitly about it before we try to get some resolution.

I can't even use Lusternia to unwind because I've got things to write and that takes effort and energy and it all seems so pointless sometimes. So I'll keep posting cake pics and hopefully have a rave to post in the next few weeks.
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    Nope. I do it all for an hourly wage, no tips, no commissions. The store owner reaps the benefits of having dedicated and talented staff (to the tune of two houses, at least one car and boat, twins by surrogate), despite removing himself from nearly all the day-to-day management of his shop and giving no one a raise in over a year. All of his essential staff are frustrated by a lot of things happening right now, but I feel like it's bad form to rant too explicitly about it before we try to get some resolution. I can't even use Lusternia to unwind because I've got things to write and that takes effort and energy and it all seems so pointless sometimes. So I'll keep posting cake pics and hopefully have a rave to post in the next few weeks.
    Have you considered starting for yourself, perhaps on the side? With the portfolio of pictures you have you could easily set up a website (assuming you are allowed to use the pictures) and get started on advertising. Your boss may get annoyed if he finds out but you are allowed to do that so long as you do not use work materials for it. Actually, if I were you, I'd set up an online portfolio anyhow. You could show this to future employers if you wish to stay within the same trade but are looking for a better place. On that note, if you are looking to do this but can't figure it out yourself, I am a webdesigner and I'd be happy to help you out.
  • Walk into a store while out shopping. Get asked wtf I am doing by some workers. Rather surprised respond that I am here to buy things. Get told to get out and get laughed at on the way out because I didn't notice the store has not officially opened yet. Notice when I leave there is a poster on the window that says this, except I never saw it because there was a ladder and other crap in front of it. I assumed they were cleaning personel or fixing a defect or something. Filed a complaint about that, really not their place to be so rude, that's just chasing customers away before you get any.

Also all this on a day where I am in the final stages of tapering off medication and too much has already been happening is just not good. Wah :(
  • Rialorm said:
    Walk into a store while out shopping. Get asked wtf I am doing by some workers. Rather surprised respond that I am here to buy things. Get told to get out and get laughed at on the way out because I didn't notice the store has not officially opened yet. Notice when I leave there is a poster on the window that says this, except I never saw it because there was a ladder and other crap in front of it. I assumed they were cleaning personel or fixing a defect or something. Filed a complaint about that, really not their place to be so rude, that's just chasing customers away before you get any.

Also all this on a day where I am in the final stages of tapering off medication and too much has already been happening is just not good. Wah :(
    At least you didn't walk into the wrong restroom.  A couple weeks ago, I was driving home from a camping trip.  Well...that morning's breakfast burritos wanted out.  Badly.  So I stopped at a gas station and rushed into the bathroom.  Spent quite a while in there.  Part-way through, I noticed there were a couple other people in the room.  Suddenly I hear a little girl talking to her mom and I just froze up.  I waited for a long time until I figured it would be nice and slow and then snuck back out to my car in embarrassment, fearing the entire time that I would come across as a pedophile or something.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Stangmar said:
    Rialorm said:
    Walk into a store while out shopping. Get asked wtf I am doing by some workers. Rather surprised respond that I am here to buy things. Get told to get out and get laughed at on the way out because I didn't notice the store has not officially opened yet. Notice when I leave there is a poster on the window that says this, except I never saw it because there was a ladder and other crap in front of it. I assumed they were cleaning personel or fixing a defect or something. Filed a complaint about that, really not their place to be so rude, that's just chasing customers away before you get any.

At least you didn't walk into the wrong restroom.  A couple weeks ago, I was driving home from a camping trip.  Well...that morning's breakfast burritos wanted out.  Badly.  So I stopped at a gas station and rushed into the bathroom.  Spent quite a while in there.  Part-way through, I noticed there were a couple other people in the room.  Suddenly I hear a little girl talking to her mom and I just froze up.  I waited for a long time until I figured it would be nice and slow and then snuck back out to my car in embarrassment, fearing the entire time that I would come across as a pedophile or something.
    Ouch. Yeah, I think you handled that the best way possible. Some people would totally lose it. Personally I think we should get rid of gender specific restrooms, it's an outdated concept and forms an issue for trans people. It would also solve future possible embaressing situations like that.
  • Another rant.

If you turn in a box of 1800 unsorted documents to your tax accountant a few days before the Oct 15th deadline(after we've been asking for your information since April)....go die in a fire.
    Stangmar - Retired

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Over the past three weeks, we have endured three deaths in the family. This weekend I went to visit my terminally ill Grandmother and I can't help but feel it will be four deaths in four weeks given how much she has faded in the past few weeks. What a horrible time that I know is not over yet.

• Lavinya said:
    Over the past three weeks, we have endured three deaths in the family. This weekend I went to visit my terminally ill Grandmother and I can't help but feel it will be four deaths in four weeks given how much she has faded in the past few weeks. What a horrible time that I know is not over yet.
    This year, in this department, period. All I gotta say.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Finally saw the Simpsons-Family Guy crossover.

So much wasted potential.
    Stangmar - Retired

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    I was hoping to do the Spartan Sprint (a mud run) up in Dallas in a few weeks.

Something tells me crawling/running through dirty mud along with thousands of other people from the Dallas area would be a very bad idea.  Guess I'll wait till spring.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Good call.   People already pick up tons of fluid-bourne diseases from those events.
    Stangmar - Retired

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    So, note to self: If a hard drive starts sounding like a clock, it's time to go and have it replaced... while hoping to be able to recover the data.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited October 2014
    Daraius said:
    Coming to the slow realization that I don't like my boss. And that I can get paid more cleaning up exotic ungulate poop for the Smithsonian Institution.
    @Daraius Come work with me at the Mansion in Dupont! We're hiring (I'm newly in charge of hiring ^^;) and desparately need servers, housekeeping, valets, bartenders and maybe a cook/pastry person for the holidays season (and potentially forever until you want to leave).

In other news, moving again and the boxes.. oh god the boxes T-T

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)