General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited September 2014
    Tacita said:
    Nothing they do can be worse than casting Hayden Christensen.

Right?

Right?
    Jar Jar survived.

Edit: Actually that'd be great for me more dialogue for my repertoire. *sigh* million and one voices in the world I could pitch perfect impersonate, and I landed the Gungan :\

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Tacita said:
    Nothing they do can be worse than casting Hayden Christensen.

Right?

Right?
    I guess it could be worse if they couldn't get Hayden, but were determined to have Vader's ghost and so they called this punk back up:
    Tarkenton said:
    -thinks really really hard-

Shia Lebouf.
    If there's anything that would make me not go see the movies.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Arimisia said:

My yard, it is not public property. Period. Not only do I find trash because there is a community path that runs between mine and my neighbors property but then people over on the other street seem to think it is okay despite the no trespassing signs to cut through my yard to the path! Even when I am out there mowing the yard and they give ME a look when I give them a look of wtf you doing.

got an ace up my sleeve though.. I got a hawthorn tree that needs cut back pretty good, gonna set up a nice brush pile on the path they got worn down into my yard, they get hurt, its not my fault, the no trespassing sign is posted. -_-

Assuming you live in the US, no, that's not enough. When burglars can sue a home or business if they're injured while committing a crime and win...I'd just put up some chainlink fence.
    Suppose "trespassers will be shot" is an outdated concept?

Honestly I suggest taking a lesson from Lusternia, dig a pit trap.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Tarkenton said:
    My yard, it is not public property. Period. Not only do I find trash because there is a community path that runs between mine and my neighbors property but then people over on the other street seem to think it is okay despite the no trespassing signs to cut through my yard to the path! Even when I am out there mowing the yard and they give ME a look when I give them a look of wtf you doing.

got an ace up my sleeve though.. I got a hawthorn tree that needs cut back pretty good, gonna set up a nice brush pile on the path they got worn down into my yard, they get hurt, its not my fault, the no trespassing sign is posted. -_-
    Assuming you live in the US, no, that's not enough. When burglars can sue a home or business if they're injured while committing a crime and win...I'd just put up some chainlink fence.
    You're correct.  Our society is full of pussies who think they're entitled to something.   I have no idea where the logic evolved from that says if you get injured, you should get paid, even if the injury was incidental to committing a crime.  Once again, I can not wait for the next extinction event.  
    Karlach said:
    Suppose "trespassers will be shot" is an outdated concept?

Honestly I suggest taking a lesson from Lusternia, dig a pit trap.
    It should be perfectly ok IMO.  However, our society thinks differently.  Property rights are not respected in court.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• Depends on where you live.... Where I'm at (Oh.), trespassers are basically at the will of the homeowner depending on what the criminal's intentions were while still getting charged for trespassing violations. vs. in Texas where if you attack or instigate with a criminal in question, both are penalized and self-defense is nonexistent.
  • problem with chainlink is cost. Not only for the material but surveying of the property and the permit. We have No Trespassing signs for a reason though, we have pretty bad mine subsidence in our backyard. The no trespassing is registered with the county and all that and they said that if anyone is hurt, we are not help responsible, they are entering at their own risk. Basically my back yard could end up with a massive sink hole into a collapsed mine at any time @_@ Lady a few houses up had a big hole on her hill side kids were climbing down into! it took like 14 dump trucks of fly ash to fill it in.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Too bad you can't load shotgun shells with rock salt and shoot em in the ass so they can't sit for a week.   
    Stangmar - Retired

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    I live in Texas, but basically the thing is if somebody trespasses and you're going to shoot them - aim to kill not just maim. It's kind of screwed up, but you have less legal ramifications if you kill a trespasser than if you maim/hurt them. It also depends on the "castle domain/stand your ground" laws

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    In needs to stop raining while I'm in the middle of tending the yard/garden. This is becoming a tiresome trend.
  • When someone quits, but comes back two days later just to kill people. This causes me extreme dissatisfaction D:<

(If this is the wrong thread for this, I can remove it)

• The seaside has poor internet access. Sandcastles are still fun though!
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited September 2014
    Decidedly grumpy over how difficult it is to distribute e-books in New Zealand.  EDIT: Ended up setting up an account with Amazon, found out that NZ thankfully qualifies for a 70% royalty, so that is not too terrible, plus the tax rate is a rather low 5%.  So I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.

Not too impressed with the fact that they state that they will not pay out until 60 days after the end of the calendar month in which a sale is made, so if a customer purchased a copy on the first of July, I would not see a cent before September 30th, assuming they paid out on time.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Random, inexplicable disconnects from Lusternia mid-bashing
  • edited September 2014
    Edit: Disregard. Only sunshine and happiness here. And tacos. And sloths. And worribles. And anything else happy and not sad. Yeah. Disregard what was here.
  • Altrea said:
    Edit: Disregard. Only sunshine and happiness here. And tacos. And sloths. And worribles. And anything else happy and not sad. Yeah. Disregard what was here.
    Sloth tacos?
  • Cold fingers and toesies. Usually I wouldn't mind. But I can't find slippers. :(
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • When its obvious something was a very big waste and you try to make it work anyways... Much general dissatisfaction.
  • Fucking clients waiting until the last minute to give us their information.  The filing deadline for partnership and corporate returns is Monday and we've been running full steam ahead, putting in 16+ hour days to get all of our returns finished.   The office is looking like the walking dead.
    Stangmar - Retired

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Stangmar, if you don't mind me asking, mind posting/messaging me what accounting firm you work for?  My uncle in law owns a pretty successful one here in Las Vegas, and I'm wondering if you're his employee.
  • Tarkenton said:
    Stangmar, if you don't mind me asking, mind posting/messaging me what accounting firm you work for?  My uncle in law owns a pretty successful one here in Las Vegas, and I'm wondering if you're his employee.
    I gotta say... that sounds like a terrible idea >_>
  • edited September 2014
    Tarkenton said:

Acrune said:
    Tarkenton said:
    I gotta say... that sounds like a terrible idea >_>
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to go with Acrune on that one.  The accounting industry is a small world around here so I'd rather keep my anonymity.  I hope you won't be offended. 
    I do really like my firm and the occupation, I just had to vent in a safe and anonymous channel.
    Stangmar - Retired

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Had a giant thing of Pepsi before going to bed.

HELLO 4:30 AM, HOW ARE YOU?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:

I've been drinking mountain dew and dr. pepper every couple hours since Monday morning as I pull my 16 hour shifts.   I can definitely feel some negative side effects from the caffienne and am rightly scared of what's going to happen on my day off tomorrow when I don't drink any.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Stangmar said:
    Everiine said:

I've been drinking mountain dew and dr. pepper every couple hours since Monday morning as I pull my 16 hour shifts.   I can definitely feel some negative side effects from the caffienne and am rightly scared of what's going to happen on my day off tomorrow when I don't drink any.
    I do not suggest stopping cold turkey if you have been drinking a lot of caffeine. You're gonna go into withdrawal, headaches and shakes and possibly worse. Drink about half what you drank the day before, and drink water for the other half to stay hydrated. Then once your epic marathon is over build off further following the half of the day before rule. I'd also suggest not drinking so much caffeine to begin with but well too late now and it sounds like you are needing it. If at any time you start to experience stuff like irregular heart beat or heart going into overdrive you might want to consider a doctor.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    Especially when coming off energy drinks, do not go cold turkey.

Caffiene withdrawl + sugar crash at the same time is a level of hell I put myself through once, and would not suggest anyone repeat.

• Could go decaf too, just to subdue any cravings and the like while still enjoying your coffee/tea. Not sure about pop, its unhealthy, nasty stuff. >.<
    Sabelle said:
    Could go decaf too
    You aren't even human.

• Karlach said:
    Sabelle said:
    Could go decaf too
    You aren't even human.
    I neither confirm nor deny this. BUT its better than trying to twitch around without coffee. A life without coffee is a life not worth living.
    :((
  • edited September 2014
    //doublepost.

I am dissatisfied at trawling through job listings for work. -_-
    America X(