General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Caffeine makes me pee, and peeing gets in the way of sitting at the computer. I prefer loud music, cold air and slaps on the face to keep me awake.
  • Sabelle said:
    Karlach said:
    Sabelle said:
    Could go decaf too
    You aren't even human.
    I neither confirm nor deny this. BUT its better than trying to twitch around without coffee. A life without coffee is a life not worth living.
    :((
    One or two cups a day is totally ok. Moderation is the key to a happy life :)
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Customer service with heavy accents and voice scramblers make for very confusing phone calls. They are either sending me a fedex label via email or I'm a special guest for doctor Phil. It's really up in the air.
  • Sabelle said:
    A life without coffee is asymptotically better than a life with coffee. 
    Sorry, but I was compelled to fix that sentence so that it reflects reality.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • I don't drink coffee or tea.  Just soda.  I've been trying to give it up for a few years now to lose weight and avoid becoming diabetic.  I feel like I've made good progress, as I -NORMALLY- consume no more than 1 can a day, where I used to consume at least 44 oz a day.  This last week has been hell though.
    Stangmar - Retired

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I've done that to myself before, too. Between college and grad school, I used to drink 3-4 cans a day, not because I needed to stay awake, but because it was there, convenient, and tasty. I've cut way back since then, and now, the wife and I have decided that we're no longer going to buy pop for ourselves, having it only when we go out.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    I've done that to myself before, too. Between college and grad school, I used to drink 3-4 cans a day, not because I needed to stay awake, but because it was there, convenient, and tasty. I've cut way back since then, and now, the wife and I have decided that we're no longer going to buy pop for ourselves, having it only when we go out.
    This is how I am as well. At home I have either tea (with caf or not), water, or some stevia syrup to mix 'lemonade' for a treat. I used to hate water and refused to drink it but it is my go-to drink now. Have a filter jug so I can just get it from the tap without the nasty tap water taste. Occasionally I'll buy a bottle or two of fizzy water or order that with food when out.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Mocha latte. Just cocoa powder, two expresso shots and foamed milk. It beats soda pop any day.

Or green tea latte. Which is just green tea with foamed milk. YUM!

I've never had a soda pop habit
    is dead like the dodo
  • Just heard the CEO talking about the newest person they interviewed for our department.  Given that we've just recently filled the department, and given some already existing worries, I think that's a pretty strong sign I need to be searching right now.
    Stangmar - Retired

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Evidently I was wrong, and my computer will need more work. I'll hear back on Friday (after paying a 'diagnostic fee' just to open the damn thing), and the thing might end up just being totalled.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited September 2014
    @Stangmar from like a week ago, no offense taken whatsoever.  If it turns out you do get downsized and need to go ahunting, I could likely at least get you a foot in the door.  Is how it seems to always work in the business world, but especially in Las Vegas.

Edit: I had realized, shortly after I'd made the post asking about what firm and what not that it was a stupid question.  Was just too lazy to actually go back and edit/get rid of it.  And then ignored the forums for a week.  :)
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Really difficult to tell a customer that what they want is beyond my capabilities.  :|
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • RPing during lightning storms aaaaa. Such lag.
  • A month ago I had two prospective website deals. Today I have none, and zero earnings out of them. The first turned out to be a serious sketchy business owner so we had to let him drop as there was a big risk we'd never see any money. The second whined about the costs and my dad ended up just giving her a pre-made webshop so he'd at least get some money out of it. And my own efforts to get clients are not bearing fruits either. Now I know that only 3% of people who learn about your service ever become paying clients, but it is still a bit discouraging. Not to mention you compete with these businesses who have people sign up for squeeze contracts and employ aggressive sales techniques to get the money. It's my dream to be full-time self-employed but at this rate it seems I will be forced to enter the 9 to 5 office grind in some months :(
  • Rialorm said:
    A month ago I had two prospective website deals. Today I have none, and zero earnings out of them. The first turned out to be a serious sketchy business owner so we had to let him drop as there was a big risk we'd never see any money. The second whined about the costs and my dad ended up just giving her a pre-made webshop so he'd at least get some money out of it. And my own efforts to get clients are not bearing fruits either. Now I know that only 3% of people who learn about your service ever become paying clients, but it is still a bit discouraging. Not to mention you compete with these businesses who have people sign up for squeeze contracts and employ aggressive sales techniques to get the money. It's my dream to be full-time self-employed but at this rate it seems I will be forced to enter the 9 to 5 office grind in some months :(
    I dunno how well it'd work for you, @Rialorm. But someone I know who makes/cares for websites likes to go to farmers markets, craft shops, that kind of thing. So they can get some work through start up people trying to sell their wares. Maybe that would work for you..?

• Pectus said:
    Rialorm said:
    A month ago I had two prospective website deals. Today I have none, and zero earnings out of them. The first turned out to be a serious sketchy business owner so we had to let him drop as there was a big risk we'd never see any money. The second whined about the costs and my dad ended up just giving her a pre-made webshop so he'd at least get some money out of it. And my own efforts to get clients are not bearing fruits either. Now I know that only 3% of people who learn about your service ever become paying clients, but it is still a bit discouraging. Not to mention you compete with these businesses who have people sign up for squeeze contracts and employ aggressive sales techniques to get the money. It's my dream to be full-time self-employed but at this rate it seems I will be forced to enter the 9 to 5 office grind in some months :(
    I dunno how well it'd work for you, @Rialorm. But someone I know who makes/cares for websites likes to go to farmers markets, craft shops, that kind of thing. So they can get some work through start up people trying to sell their wares. Maybe that would work for you..?
    Good idea. I spoke with my dad and he told me that at times he's written to 100+ companies and got zero responses and how it is very much a feast and famine thing because one day you have no work and next week you got so many clients you don't know how to finish all the work within a reasonable timeframe. I've got business cards on the way so I will start giving those out whenever I deal with a business that does not yet have a site. And considering how I've got tons of "you just started a sidebusiness, let us sell you our services" offerings, I assume there must be a public index of startups somewhere. So I'll have a look at that :)
  • I'm getting real tired of my employer... I'm employed at an agency, and they've got me stationed at a warehouse. That's generally how things are done over here, so no real complaints there. The problem is, they'll lose the contract with that warehouse at the end of January, and another agency will take over. No biggie, it happens, just have to reapply to the new agency. Of course, they want to see me first though... and this is where things are getting really annoying.

I get a mail from the new agency last Wednesday. Thursday, I call my current agency to ask for time off to meet them. After about ten calls, I get through to one of them (a minor miracle on its own, usually it takes several days of calling). They tell me that they'll forward my message to the person in charge of that, and that I'll get a call later that day. No call comes.

Friday, I approach one of the team leaders. They send a mail to the headquarters to ask if I can have Wednesday off. No response all Friday, and when I spoke to him over lunch today, he still hadn't gotten a reply. He said he'd call them directly though, but I have no clue if he's gotten the time to do that.

In summary, I have no idea if I'll have this Wednesday off or not, and I'm guessing it's too late to reschedule my meeting with the new agency at this point. So I basically have two choices: Either get "sick" on Wednesday and go to the new agency (and risking being fired for refusal to work) so I can have a chance to keep working at that warehouse, or I can go to work on Wednesday and basically blowing off my chances of getting hired by the new agency. Oh the joy.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited September 2014
    Kind of a mixed rant/rave, more leaning towards the rant side of things.

Rant:  Computer almost literally blew up over the weekend - went to power the computer on, a cloud of sparks blew out of the CPU slot (I didn't even think that was possible TBH, now I know better) and completely fried the CPU and motherboard.  Computer was 5 years old, so I got plenty of use out of it, plus the hard drives were perfectly intact.

Rave: Got a shiny new i7 desktop computer, maybe a couple of steps down from cutting edge, but it can play pretty much any game in my collection on maximum settings and run perfectly smooth.

Minor Rant: Said computer set me back around NZD$1400.  My own fault though as it was a custom built rig, so I picked out the parts, so I know the computer is nice and grunty.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Death on one side of the family, permanent paralysis and very likely cancer on the other. One hell of a rough week, and oh look, it's only Wednesday. Most dissatisfied.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I lost all my tabs because firefox messed up. :( All 300+ of them, gone. NOW I NEED TO START OVER.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Neos said:

I lost all my tabs because firefox messed up. :( All 300+ of them, gone. NOW I NEED TO START OVER.

why...did you need so many :-??

It's true, I really am you.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Naime said:
    I have my reasons.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Neos said:

Naime said:

Neos said:

I have my reasons.

Sometimes I wonder about our PB :P

It's true, I really am you.
  • How much RAM are you using with 200 tabs open in Firefox?
    Stangmar - Retired

• Neos said:
    Naime said:
    I have my reasons.
    Ctrl+D
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • There is this thing called bookmarks you can use instead of keeping tabs open :P
  • To the guy going 10 mph and holding up traffic on Buffalo this morning......there is NO place for you and your motor scooter on public roads you smug little jackass.
    Stangmar - Retired