General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I never liked the tip of my left thumb anyway. Good riddance.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    I never liked the tip of my left thumb anyway. Good riddance.
    Fellow left thumb tip-less person here.  Lost mine 9 years ago on a tablesaw.  What did you do to yours?
    Stangmar - Retired

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Slicing an onion. -.-

I just lopped off some skin that'll grow back, but it sure does bleed.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • That sucks.  Mine took out some padding from the tip, so texting is hard. Stopped just short of the bone thank heavens.  Lots of blood, stitches and a trip to the ER.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Well, after several months of being a happy college grad with a job, I'm now enrolled in 8 credit hours at College of Southern Nevada.  I have 136 credit hours(and my BS in Accounting), but need 14 more to meet the 150 credit requirement for the CPA exam.  I waited until the last minute because of residency issues, so I'm taking very irrelevant courses, such as human development, consierge services etc.
    Stangmar - Retired

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    The range of sniper rifles in ME2 is dreadful when you're playing Infiltrator.

#Firstworldproblems

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    When your companions compliment you for headshots, it makes it all better.

Also the pistol is great for headhunting.

Maligorn said:
    When your companions compliment you for headshots, it makes it all better.

Also the pistol is great for headhunting.
    I ended up taking Assault Rifle training, the Widow is a gorgeous rifle for damage but the 1 shot clip with only 10 round reserves makes it useless.

Running around with a Mattock, cloaking up and shooting things in the face from medium range.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• You guys make me want to buy a new system (launch PS3 is dead).

I never did well as a sniper in FPS games though.  I'm more of a demolitions guy.  Give me a light machine gun and some grenades and pray I don't get shot.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Adding a class: Click a few buttons on the website.

Dropping a class: Requires driving down to the campus, filling out an application on the complete details/section of the class, getting professor approval, and waiting for approval from the admin. Possibly donating blood, too, I haven't actually managed it yet.

How does this make sense?!
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Infiltrator is ridiculously good in ME if you take the cloak that lets you slow time a bit when you come out of it (e.g. aiming). There's some kind of skill that lets yo do that, anyway. The 1 bullet clip with 10 rounds doesn't matter when you kill a boss in 3 critical hits. Two if you use the cloak bonus damage.
  • edited August 2014
    Daraius said:
    Slicing an onion. -.- I just lopped off some skin that'll grow back, but it sure does bleed.
    I know the feeling x_x I was gifted one of those slicer units that you attach to a bowl and use the slicer attachment for "quick and easy slicing of fruits and vegetables" (funny how the advertising never mentions quick and easy slicing of thumbs and knuckles... but I digress...)

Anyway, was using it one evening and the attachment that you use to hold the fruit/vegetable so you do not slice your finger came loose unexpectedly and slipped off the fruit, resulting in my thumb straying into the path of the cutting blade.  Next thing I knew, a good 1cm layer had been taken off my thumb and it was stinging and bleeding like nil. Needless to say, the device went straight into the rubbish in a fit of rage.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
    Marcella said:
    Infiltrator is ridiculously good in ME if you take the cloak that lets you slow time a bit when you come out of it (e.g. aiming). There's some kind of skill that lets yo do that, anyway. The 1 bullet clip with 10 rounds doesn't matter when you kill a boss in 3 critical hits. Two if you use the cloak bonus damage.
    The TiDi effect really doesn't seem to work half the time in ME2. Sometimes I can go into scope and the game rolls at full speed.

The problem with Widow is that there are periods, especially on higher difficulty, where a 10 clip reserve simply isn't enough, and you will run out. Access to the Mattock is far more vital.

In ME3 it's all irrelevant because you can get Black Widow, which is just the most beautiful rifle ever in all gaming.

• Another job evaluation talk in two weeks. Why do I have the feeling I will get fired? Oh maybe because my colleagues are being asked questions about me behind my back which feel a lot like my bosses trying to fish for any dirt on me. Whatever, at least I will get unemployment benefits if it is so. Still furious though about the unfairness of it all, the targeting against me and the fact this whole bullshit makes the health situation that caused this to begin with worse. Really feels like victim blaming. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • edited August 2014
    Rialorm said:
    Another job evaluation talk in two weeks. Why do I have the feeling I will get fired? Oh maybe because my colleagues are being asked questions about me behind my back which feel a lot like my bosses trying to fish for any dirt on me. Whatever, at least I will get unemployment benefits if it is so. Still furious though about the unfairness of it all, the targeting against me and the fact this whole bullshit makes the health situation that caused this to begin with worse. Really feels like victim blaming. 
    Sorry to hear, stuff like that is never pleasant.  Might be worth beating them to the punch and starting to hunt for another job, so that if you ARE given the flick, you will be left with a minimal amount of time out of work.  Also document everything, unless you work in a right-to-work state you may be able to take them to the employment court/tribunal over unfair dismissal.  Always look into your rights - particularly if you have not been given any verbal or written warnings.  There is usually procedure that MUST be followed in most areas unless it is a serious misconduct.
  • Sadly the company is working by the books. I got called in today after listing my part of the story in an email. It did not go well. Supposed to have another talk tomorrow. I've been checking job ads daily for a while, even had an interview but wasn't chosen. Mostly just annoyed they are expecting me to fix a problem I cannot fix and that meaning it is ok my colleagues go and complain about me behind my back and then disguise it as "management asked me". It's rather quite hard to deliver better work when you are fighting against the tide. I'm shit scared of checking in any code to team server which means I mess up which then gives them more proof that I cannot do my job well. Cannot win that -_-
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Swearing dissatisfies me.

I misread that as sweating at first.

• Dissatisfied with how many times I keep accidentally flagging and off-topicing posts because of my mouse and screen
    :(

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Karlach said:
    I misread that as sweating at first.
    Sweating dissatisfies me too.

• Being unable to WHISPER TO someone, because I end up using the whisper emote at myself.

yuck
  • Not having fun doing things here and there cos no system = no.. anything pmuch. die here, die there, getting eaten here. Merh.
    8-|
  • edited September 2014
    Decidedly grumpy at another revolt happening when only 3 people were awake.

Kind of amused that it apparently took Celest 2 demigods + a 90+ paladin to take me down at 78th circle.  (don't mistake this as a gripe at the one-sidedness, it was good for Sakaki's ego)
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Sakaki said:

Kind of amused that it apparently takes Celest 2 demigods + a 90+ paladin to take me down at 78th circle.
    You ended up winning anyways, so- less dissatisfaction, more satisfaction!
  • Xenthos said:
    Sakaki said:

Kind of amused that it apparently takes Celest 2 demigods + a 90+ paladin to take me down at 78th circle.
    You ended up winning anyways, so- less dissatisfaction, more satisfaction!
    My main grump was the poor timing, I was heading off to bed.  At least I'll still get 5 hours or so of sleep :p
  • I also think this thread is about real life-general dissatisfaction. So we might want to get back to that.

• edited September 2014
    Ummm... talking about something happening as I was about to go to bed IS a real-life dissatisfaction >_>

That being said, I'm off to bed...
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm dissatisfied with my body's need for sleep too. I should have been in bed before the revolt. Revolts always seem to happen at the worst time.

• That's the main reason I stopped playing.  It was taking too much precedent over more important matters in my life.  I can't imagine trying to be active now as a tax accountant.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Stangmar said:
    That's the main reason I stopped playing.  It was taking too much precedent over more important matters in my life.  I can't imagine trying to be active now as a tax accountant.
    Indeed. This game and.. pretty much anything else are pretty tough to mix together :/