General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Ieptix said:
    We can in real life.
    its called a taser. ZAP!
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Mixed rave + rant.

Rave: Sims 2 + all expansion packs are available on Origin until July 31st for free! YAY!
    MAJOR rant: Said free download/s has SecuROM DRM attached to them. HELL NO!  That disaster of a DRM program is not getting within 500 MILES of my computer!!
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Karlach said:
    Hey, where I live, 80 degrees is hot.

I miss my 14F winters.
    It's been in the 80s all summer in ALABAMA...none of us have known what to do with it being so cool :|
  • I whine/complain a lot. I'm sorry.

I need some love.
  • edited July 2014
    Annoyed with the fact that the only way to be unenemied to the Illithoid faction is by summoning Cthoglogg, which as some may know is considered the Avatar of Illith and requires a massive quest in order to do so. POLITICS ILLITHOID shows him as the only one to be directed to considering your enemy status...which just makes no sense, however in the Kephera version, they simply have to seek out Imhohet, which may as well be considered the Secretary to the "Queen of Queens, Zenobia". If the quest to summon cthoglogg was even possible, I may consider it, but im an enemy to begin with to boot..

I attempted everything I could to be unenemied from them, simply so I could actually be able to interact with illithoid without them jumping at my throat. I tried contacting the Illithoid-influenced monk guilds to see if they could, but to no end. I tried checking with other illithoid leaders but that didnt work. I even issued myself, asking if I could be removed as an enemy, and even take the required gold from my inventory, as the only NPC that can unenemy is Cthoglogg and to even summon him you need to first not -be an enemy-, which pretty much means im stuck. I was told "sorry, please find someone else to do it for you". Im wondering if they even know it takes a team of 15+ to even accomplish this quest, as Zenobia is near Supernal/Demon-lord strength.

Finally, I message Estarra herself, asking if something can be done about the Illithoid politics system, and if simply another NPC could be placed as the politically in-charge of the illithoid, like with the Kephera, rather than relying on a Quest-summoned mob. I suggested an "Advisor". I've sadly not received any reply there.

Im literally at my ropes end and frankly dont see this being solved at all. I've attempted every possible solution capable player-wise. This just feels so unfair.
  • My primary HD has decided it is failing, so I've spent the better part of this evening [and will continue to do so] buying a new HD and acquiring a Win7 .iso compatible with my product key in the hopes of doing a clean install and keeping the tower...

... who says technology solves problems again?

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Back to work today as my paternity/holidays have run out. Longest time I've had off work in 7 years and still a month isn't long enough to acclimatise to having a child in the house. So. Freaking. Tired.  X_X
  • edited July 2014
    Nevermind
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Sakaki said:
    Mixed rave + rant.

Rave: Sims 2 + all expansion packs are available on Origin until July 31st for free! YAY!
    MAJOR rant: Said free download/s has SecuROM DRM attached to them. HELL NO!  That disaster of a DRM program is not getting within 500 MILES of my computer!!
    This download has been in progress for at least 36 hours.  :-w
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Found today a former work colleague of mine passed away at the start of the year. Only reason I didn't hear about it till now, was no one knew he was dead for 6 months.

It's a pretty grim and horrid scenario, but the fact his body was just there in his house all that time and no one noticed makes the whole thing even sadder.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Wow, that's brutal. I'm sorry.

• Maligorn said:
    Wow, that's brutal. I'm sorry.
    This. When you said he'd been dead for 6 months I assumed he passed away 6 months ago and the news somehow had not reached your work until today. Not the body being left on its own for 6 months. Geez. I now totally understand why you said you felt like shit. That is horrible :(
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • That's really sad... no one should be that isolated from other people. 
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Many, many people are that isolated from other people. I know some of us probably are, even.
  • Marcella said:
    Many, many people are that isolated from other people. I know some of us probably are, even.
    If I didn't see you for six months, I'd notice.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • And you'd probably just assume I quit playing the game and went somewhere else, and none of you would know my address, for example.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited August 2014
    I've been back from vacation, but work has been something of a hell ride (I'm working twice as much, practically) and my favorite resident died today, after a month or so of suffering decline. Another of my favorites doesn't look like she'll make it to our (almost) shared birthday next year, and that's been bumming me out majorly. Add to that registration for classes and my family still being in town, and I've been really overloaded recently, without many outlets.
  • Marcella said:
    And you'd probably just assume I quit playing the game and went somewhere else, and none of you would know my address, for example.
    I know that, Marcella. It's just a depressing thought. 
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    There have been a few characters that I was close to that slowly faded away and stopped coming, but there was only one that was here, fully and actively one day, and then the next, disappeared without a word or a trace. I still sometimes wonder what happened to them, and hope that they were alright :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • That reminds me of a person I knew in another game. They suddenly vanished and months later I learned via Steam that the person had passed away. A friend of that person went to investigate and found an obituary posted on the door of the place where the person last lived. It also brought to light that said person may not have been female as they said they were IRL, although I do not know if this is due to lying about one's gender or if there was a case of birth assigned gender not matching identifying gender. Regardless it was all very weird but I never saw that person online again and I feel bad when I notice them still on my Steam list or friends list :(
  • edited August 2014
    Next time I move from one laptop to another, I am getting an external harddrive.

Because I definitely just got a blue screen of death while moving over files.

EDIT: This obviously isn't working, blue screen attacked AGAIN.
  • I really should write my essays immediately after I had the corresponding class. Now, I am stuck with five papers for which forgot almost all of the code. Yay for revising everything from scratch...
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited August 2014
    Marcella said:
    And you'd probably just assume I quit playing the game and went somewhere else, and none of you would know my address, for example.
    As strange as it may sound, because I have so many people around the world that I know these days, I have a time capsule set up that I need to log into every so often to verify that I am indeed alive and well, if I don't log in for a set timeframe (currently at least once every 3 months), or if my next of kin provides evidence of my death, they will release the contents of the capsule, one thing included is a list of sites that I've got acquaintances that I want to know of my passing and passwords to get into said sites.

I know it may be a bit over the top, but I don't like the idea of someone just disappearing without a trace (it has happened before with someone I know, who I found out further down the track had committed suicide :( ) and would rather people know the situation, for better or for worse.  In todays society, where it is so easy to make friends all around the world, it is a good thing to have that little bit of extra peace of mind.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    And today has just gone from meh to worst day of my life.

1. Grandmother passed away three days ago.  Only found out about an hour ago because apparently she "didn't want my mother to know she had passed away".  So her passing message to our family was effectively a kick to the balls.

2. Broke up with my girlfriend the same day, though things have been rocky for a while now.  Long story, no desire to go into details.

Going to disappear completely from the net for a few days.  Apologies to those I made RP commitments to, but I just feel empty inside now.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    No, Revolt! Bad Revolt! I just took a pizza out of the oven :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Hey, but at least you got it out! 
    I used to make cakes.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I am sick, yet again. What's the deal, immune system???

Flea and heartworm prevention for three dogs is expeeeensiiiiive. :(
    I used to make cakes.

This customer service representative is failing the Turing test.
    I used to make cakes.