General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• My wife's two best "secrets:" mustard was her condiment of choice because it's basically zero calories and popcorn was/is her favorite snack because it's more filling with fewer calories (just go easy on butter and salt, if any).

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I like to drizzle a little bit of coconut oil and pepper on my air popped popcorn.  Delicious.
  • I've been trying to replace at least one meal a day with a walmart knockoff of slim fast.  It doesn't have any magical weight loss formula, but it does have vitamins that I'm not getting from my other food and is a way to make sure that at least one meal isn't too rich in calories.  

Trying to quit the soda, but that's an uphill battle that I'm not doing so well at.
    Stangmar - Retired

• I am doing keto, which means basically no carbs. The upside to that is that you eat more protein and (good) fats. 1420 calories a day. Soda is out, I might occasionally drink a zero drink but that gets logged. I am on meds, but the doctor says my dose is so low it should not affect my weight. I am on them for another two months so got to suck it up there. I should probably also start to exercise again to kick my base metabolic rate into gear. But it is hard, and the weather is so hot, blah! Maybe I need to kick it up a notch and pre-plan my meals even more rather than log as I go. May look at shakes as well, I did do a protein diet in the past and lost on that. I have protein powder at home, but I stopped using that because I stopped running plus it somehow started to make me feel sick every time I drank it. Anyway, had my rant, thanks for the tips everyone, I shall just have to keep at it.

You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • I did a little looking up because your calories per day seems a bit low to me and it just seems weird that as you get older they think you should eat less >.> why should I eat less in 20 years than what I eat now unless I simply cannot afford it?!! not all older people are inactive. Anyhow, I didn't dig -TOO- much so do not take what I say too seriously (but I still dun thing you are eating enough :p).

this is what they have listed:

GenderAge (years)SedentarybModerately ActivecActived
    Child2-31,0001,000-1,4001,000-1,400
    Female4-8
    9-13
    14-18
    19-30
    31-50
    51+
    1,400-1,600
    1,600-2,000
    2,000-2,200
    1,400-1,800
    1,800-2,200
    2,000-2,200
    Male4-8
    9-13
    14-18
    19-30
    31-50
    51+
    1,400-1,600
    1,800-2,200
    2,400-2,800
    2,600-2,800
    2,400-2,600
    2,200-2,400
    1,600-2,000
    2,000-2,600
    2,800-3,200
    2,800-3,000
    2,400-2,800

Everyone's is different too, what works for one person may not work for you. Good luck :)
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• I am a short person, only 152cm, and totally sedentary. 1420 is a 9% deficit. I nearly hit that with just three meals a day. Ideally I want 3 snacks too, simple stuff like yoghurt or a couple of nuts. My emergency solution is that if I face going to bed hungry I eat one or two tablespoons of peanut butter. I've only just gotten on the bandwagon again, and it is quite possible MFP is a little overzealous. Also, I found out that -both- meds I am on have the capacity for weight gain. I wish they'd give me the weight loss option instead, but nope :P So maybe I should just eat healthy for now and look that I at least don't put on more.

Also, in unrelated rants, written code tests are the devil. I understand big companies need them to screen candidates but goodness did I suddenly feel very stupid. This for someone who has been working almost 2 years with .NET again plus had that as part of studies in college. Welp. I may need to see how I can raise my competence there if I am serious about this career thing. It will all also depend on what aspects they look at. I think my theory is sound, and for the technologies I hadn't worked with I answered how I'd find info in daily life, but if they are going to do things like nitpick about syntax or possibly efficiency I may just be out :( I'll take solace in the fact I took on the challenge though. But I don't like feeling dumb!
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    It's too goddamn hot.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Ieptix said:
    I agree. It's just shy of 80F and it's unbearable.
    Ieptix, you're an awful person.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    Hey, where I live, 80 degrees is hot.

I miss my 14F winters.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• 14F is too hot for winter. -20F or bust.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • edited July 2014
    blah
  • It's a nice cool 108 today in Vegas.
    Stangmar - Retired

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Stangmar said:
    It's a nice cool 108 today in Vegas.
    Brr.
  • edited July 2014
    Sometimes I uselessly complain too much and what better way to solve the problem than complain about complaining too much.

Taking things seriously is a trap.
  • Children. Whiny, whiny children. Sometimes they cry because they can't get past a certain point in a video game, and it just makes me want to mock them. I'm not a bad person.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Daraius said:
    Children. Whiny, whiny children. Sometimes they cry because they can't get past a certain point in a video game, and it just makes me want to mock them. I'm not a bad person.
    My horrible little cousins have been staying at my house this week. Every single day I wake up to their screaming and tearing through the halls like maniacs.

And before anybody says, 'You were a kid once too!' allow me to offer a counter argument: shut up.
    when kids do this at my house.. heh.. I get up and yell and then the whole house falls quiet until I wake up and everyone looks at me and says "good morning" and are quiet again, looking at me asking if it is okay to speak. They do not like me when I am mad. (its more like I get migraines really bad when tired and I am a total bitch when I have a bad one and being tired is one of my triggers so its either suffer being quiet for a few hours or all day.)
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• I guess if I fail to stop gaining weight I can at least aspire to be like this dude:

Stangmar - Retired

• Internet went down today(happens a couple times a week now).  I called into Cox to complain about it.  They just referred me to their website to submit a support ticket. 

Stangmar - Retired

• Really need for my current prospective landlady to offer me a lease or get off the pot. I gave her a filled application and a $350 deposit check on Thursday and haven't heard anything back. A bit miffed about that, especially since on 8/1 I have to be out of my current place or I'll have no place to go. 

It's not really all that major, but sheesh. Do you want my money or not, lady?
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Went to see Lucy today. Was terribly disappointed. On the other hand, my opinion that movies of late suck holds firm, so I guess there's that.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited July 2014
    Ieptix said:
    14F is too hot for winter. -20F or bust.
    Heh, here it rarely drops below 40F in winter (It is more our rainy season than anything else, the last time we got snow here was 2011, which was the first time in 72 years.)
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Lillie said:
    Really need for my current prospective landlady to offer me a lease or get off the pot. I gave her a filled application and a $350 deposit check on Thursday and haven't heard anything back. A bit miffed about that, especially since on 8/1 I have to be out of my current place or I'll have no place to go. 

It's not really all that major, but sheesh. Do you want my money or not, lady?
    I'd recommend looking for somewhere else as a backup option in case your current place falls through.  If worst comes to worst you can tell her you are no longer interested and cancel the cheque.  It is her loss in the end.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Time came for my first policy renewal with Allstate, and they jacked my rates UP.   I don't feel like I'm in good hands, President Palmer.
    Stangmar - Retired

• I am never getting my car serviced on a Monday morning again. This is taking so long and I am bored unto tears and my laptop battery is dead and daytime television is the worst thing to happen ever.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Ieptix said:
    Or, apparently, when I actually got around to posting that, my car had already been done for "a while". Only instead of coming into the waiting area and telling me this, they used the crappy speaker system to page me over the crappy speaker system that I could barely hear and not at all understand. Despite other people having been informed of their car being ready in person. Then I zapped them all.
    Coder's don't zap, sorry bro. 
    Munsia said:
    Ieptix said:
    Or, apparently, when I actually got around to posting that, my car had already been done for "a while". Only instead of coming into the waiting area and telling me this, they used the crappy speaker system to page me over the crappy speaker system that I could barely hear and not at all understand. Despite other people having been informed of their car being ready in person. Then I zapped them all.
    Coder's don't zap, sorry bro. 
    Having been zapped by Iosai, I can say yes... yes they do.