General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• As I see the news on Reddit of these celebrity leaks, I lament 2 things:

1. That our society is so dishonest and lacks respect towards others;
    2. That people are too stupid to realize that storing your information on the cloud puts it at risk of being stolen.  Use a regular camera and don't save it on anything with an internet connection, esp. if you're famous.
    Stangmar - Retired

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited September 2014
    I often sit and wonder why the hell our latest crop of volunteers are here. Their attitude and approach to the job stinks (and in a couple of cases so do they, jesus christ..) and unlike some of us who believe in the company we work for and do this because we want to make a difference, they're even being paid to be there.

I don't mind teaching new people and showing them the ropes, I actually enjoy it. I've spent three years here and worked with countless fantastic people and seen them grow and develop, and some move on (which is great for them but sucks for the fact they aren't around anymore.) But this latest bunch are hopeless beyond redemption, and it makes me wonder how the hell they ever expect to get proper employment.

I'd bite my tongue normally on this, but when they start gobbing off to people who've been here a damn sight longer, work a damn sight harder and don't smell like a rugby team after a day's practice, it makes me wonder who the eff do they think they are.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Stangmar said:
    2. That people are too stupid to realize that storing your information on the cloud puts it at risk of being stolen.  Use a regular camera and don't save it on anything with an internet connection, esp. if you're famous.
    I freaked out when google started doing this for my data -automatically- and I had to go out of my way to disable it. That should not be a thing.

• Vivet said:
    Stangmar said:
    I freaked out when google started doing this for my data -automatically- and I had to go out of my way to disable it. That should not be a thing.

Yeah...I was a little creeped out when my Google+ Auto Backup got reenabled after an update.  Still love Google though.  I just don't keep anything personal or compromising on my phone. 
    Stangmar - Retired

• Google has 'don't be evil' as their company motto.

Nothing could ever possibly go wrong.
  • Wifi cutting in the middle of a fight >:|

It's true, I really am you.
  • Marcella said:
    Google has 'don't be evil' as their company motto.

Nothing could ever possibly go wrong.

Daraius said:
    I figure the more Google knows about me now, the more faithfully they can recreate my consciousness in the machine body I'll inhabit after the singularity. :)
    I was slightly creeped out by what they know when I returned from my vacation to Hawaii in January.  I had taken a whole bunch of pictures on my phone while I was there.  A few days later I got a notification that my album was ready.  WTF?   I pulled up G+ and saw that it had made a scrapbook of my Hawaii trip, complete with accurate locations and maps.  O.o   

I did think it was pretty cool though.
    Stangmar - Retired

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    That's why I always turn off photo location tagging. Especially with all the baby photos I take at home. Far too easy to parse the images and find out where someone lives with a random photo some idiot relative spread on Facebook.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I am dissatisfied with the dorm into which I recently moved. First thing I do when moving in is step on a dead, semidecayed mouse. Mild annoyance.

The real annoyance is that most flat surfaces are inexplicably sticky. Floor, faucet, bedframe, window, all of them. My efforts at cleaning them have thus far failed. Most furniture has some very suspicious white debris on them, which also refuses to wash off. Plus, the entire room smells something like a cross between a garbage dump and a brothel.

Really, I'm dissatisfied that all of my cleaning efforts over the past couple days have done nothing more than at the state of the room. I mean, it's a dorm. I assume everything is filthy and likely to be toxic. I'm just accustomed to being able to fix it.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Portius said:
    I am dissatisfied with the dorm into which I recently moved. First thing I do when moving in is step on a dead, semidecayed mouse. Mild annoyance.

The real annoyance is that most flat surfaces are inexplicably sticky. Floor, faucet, bedframe, window, all of them. My efforts at cleaning them have thus far failed. Most furniture has some very suspicious white debris on them, which also refuses to wash off. Plus, the entire room smells something like a cross between a garbage dump and a brothel.

Really, I'm dissatisfied that all of my cleaning efforts over the past couple days have done nothing more than at the state of the room. I mean, it's a dorm. I assume everything is filthy and likely to be toxic. I'm just accustomed to being able to fix it.
    Did one semester in the dorms in college.  Then I found a place off-campus via craigslist that was actually cheaper and way better.  It was a freshly remodeled basement just 3 blocks from school.  Ended up living with a bunch of cool roommates(and a couple idiots) throughout the 3 years I was there.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Best friend now in hospital. 

Not sure how much more I can take.

Yep, I'm not coming back.

• Portius said:

blech, I cant stand that kind of stuff. I'd walk in with a bucket filled with powerful cleaning products and just have the place sanitized till it shines. I'm not much for dorms either...or generally sharing a living space. You could try looking for off-campus housing.

Just remember to sanitize

• Secondary monitor died. Replacement secondary monitor (one I still had laying around) also seems to be pretty much dead. Fudge. Feel like I am one eye blind with just one monitor. All likely because of some broken capacitors. Damn you electronics, why can't I fix you easily like I can fix software :(
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Rialorm said:
    Secondary monitor died. Replacement secondary monitor (one I still had laying around) also seems to be pretty much dead. Fudge. Feel like I am one eye blind with just one monitor. All likely because of some broken capacitors. Damn you electronics, why can't I fix you easily like I can fix software :(
    I feel the same way when I go home from work and use my laptop.   My desktop at work has 3 monitors. 
    Stangmar - Retired

• Stangmar said:
    Rialorm said:
    Secondary monitor died. Replacement secondary monitor (one I still had laying around) also seems to be pretty much dead. Fudge. Feel like I am one eye blind with just one monitor. All likely because of some broken capacitors. Damn you electronics, why can't I fix you easily like I can fix software :(
    I feel the same way when I go home from work and use my laptop.   My desktop at work has 3 monitors. 
    As a software developer it is really handy to have two screens. Even if you get a company laptop it's considered the norm to get a second screen to go with it. One for your code, one for the result. Or one for your server and one for your client code. Or one for code and one for Reddit :P
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Rialorm said:
    Stangmar said:
    Rialorm said:
    As a software developer it is really handy to have two screens. Even if you get a company laptop it's considered the norm to get a second screen to go with it. One for your code, one for the result. Or one for your server and one for your client code. Or one for code and one for Reddit :P
    I'm a big fan of one for code, and the other for more code. Too often lately its been one for wireshark, and the other for wireshark. That is my dissatisfaction :(
  • I move stuff around too much, but generally my far left is for Outlook and Chrome, my center(main) screen is for my tax software or quickbooks, and then my right is usually for whatever PDF files I'm working out of.  But sometimes I end up with PDFs everywhere.
    Stangmar - Retired

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rotorua-daily-post/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503438&objectid=11318943

I have little hope for humanity at this point... Personally I think this so-called 'fire challenge' should be renamed the 'darwinism challenge'.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Whatever that was. Dissatisfied.
  • The word 'demure' irritates me greatly.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Kagato said:
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rotorua-daily-post/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503438&objectid=11318943

I have little hope for humanity at this point... Personally I think this so-called 'fire challenge' should be renamed the 'darwinism challenge'.
    A couple caveats: While this article series is generally accurate, I have no fact checked this particular entry. It's also something like a week old at this point, so it might be slightly outdated. But, odds are the fire challenge is just another more or less fictional trend made up to get hits on news sites and pressed into the cultural spotlight without significant evidence for it being an actual trend. Take heart, for people usually aren't as dumb as they're made out to be!

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/6-bs-stories-that-fooled-you-facebook-real-life-purge_p2/
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Anybody else worried that Lucas will somehow find a way to force a Hayden Christensen cameo in the new Star Wars?
    Stangmar - Retired

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Right now, that's the least of my worries.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I'm not really excited for the new movies, because they invalidate in the overall canon, but not my prefered canon, the entire EU, which I love. I'll probably still end up seeing it, but from the animated Clone Wars movie, to the show, to this newest show, to the new movies, they're an alternate universe Star Wars for me, and the original 6 and the EU are my canon.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Nothing they do can be worse than casting Hayden Christensen.

Right?

Right?
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    -thinks really really hard-

Shia Lebouf.
  • My yard, it is not public property. Period. Not only do I find trash because there is a community path that runs between mine and my neighbors property but then people over on the other street seem to think it is okay despite the no trespassing signs to cut through my yard to the path! Even when I am out there mowing the yard and they give ME a look when I give them a look of wtf you doing.

got an ace up my sleeve though.. I got a hawthorn tree that needs cut back pretty good, gonna set up a nice brush pile on the path they got worn down into my yard, they get hurt, its not my fault, the no trespassing sign is posted. -_-
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Rush hour. Hour-long bus ride. No air conditioning. Florida.

Why. :(
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    When I lived in Florida my only AC was a window unit too small for my apartment.

Fun times.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.