What are you playing?

Comments

• Darkest Dungeon is really a lot of fun. And twisted. 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    @Phoebus and I are hyped up for Zero Escape Time Dilemma, trailer is out awww yisss.

(If you don't like creepy dark games, maybe not for you.)

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited April 2016
    I am so excited to finally get closure on the Zero Escape storyline, you have no idea. I'm usually pretty immune to hype but these games have never disappointed before with their amazing storytelling and I'm so ready. I AM SO READY.

P.S. @Sylandra do you realize that since you will be playing this game on release you won't necessarily have any of your precious puzzle spoilers to refer to? And I'm not going to tell you how to do them? ;;) Learn to love puzzles, bby.
  • Star Ocean: The Second Story

99% of this game is terrible in every way. The design is cringeworthy. The story is so generic you can buy it at Dollar Tree. The graphics were bad in 1999. The dialog is... ugh. My god, the dialog. It hurts me. Most of the characters are crap. The Item Creation system is broken beyond belief, both that in it doesn't actually work at all, and that in when it does you can make yourself the best weapons in the game about 1/4 through.The battlefields are fully 3d but characters can only move in 8 directions and all attacks have to be on a 2d plane. And the bugs. The terrible, terrible, game crashing bugs. The bugs that are caused by using support magic, or certain combat abilities, and that completely crash the game after you ran through a huge dungeon with no save points. Because some of the huge dungeons have no save points.

But hey! That guy has dragons on his back.

The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • That was my childhood. The Star Ocean franchise was so bad, it was good.

• Star Ocean.  It fed my inner munchkin's cheating little heart so much.  Save and reload active events, pickpocketing, item creation.  I may have to find them and load them on my phone now.  OMG SAVE STATE RELOADS.

How crazy is it that we can do that?  With the phone, I mean.

• edited April 2016
    Star Ocean: The Second Story got me hooked on RPGs. Thou shalt not bismirch its good name.

It's also where I got the name Celina from, because Celine was my favorite character.

Minus the whole riding a giant mutant rabbit part. That part was dumb.
  • ... Celine was the most irritating mage ever. She looked pretty lame too. I'm so disappointed in you.

• I just found out about Star Ocean 2: Second Evolution, which was a PSP remake.  Supposedly fixed a lot of bugs with engine fixes, added another character, new contents, so on.

Definitely going on my to-play list, as soon as I'm done with this run through Golden Sun 1+2.

• Lerad said:
    ... Celine was the most irritating mage ever. She looked pretty lame too. I'm so disappointed in you.
    She dropped stars on top of people. Better than depressed possessed by a dragon guy.
  • Damn, I forgot Golden Sun existed. You guys are like a box of nostalgic memories.

• My lifelong best friend and I actually bonded over Star Ocean 2. We loved that game, and for a long while considered it one of the best PlayStation RPGs. Even this playthough, where I'm more aware of just how bad things truly are, I still am loving it. Despite its flaws it has an amazing charm to it.

But man is it flawed.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • I remember when Golden Sun came out and I played through in a handful of days and I didn't realize it was only the first half of the full series so I beat the final boss (which I did not know at the time was the final boss) and then the credits happened and I was so (s|m)ad. Then TLA happened and it was amazing.

I am currently playing The Witness, which is the first game I've really played since probably Mass Effect 3 came out. And omg it is so good. So good. I've wanted to punch my monitor at how difficult some of the puzzles are and how hard some of them are to even figure out how to start solving them but it's so bloody good.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Ieptix said:
    I remember when Golden Sun came out and I played through in a handful of days and I didn't realize it was only the first half of the full series so I beat the final boss (which I did not know at the time was the final boss) and then the credits happened and I was so (s|m)ad. Then TLA happened and it was amazing.

I am currently playing The Witness, which is the first game I've really played since probably Mass Effect 3 came out. And omg it is so good. So good. I've wanted to punch my monitor at how difficult some of the puzzles are and how hard some of them are to even figure out how to start solving them but it's so bloody good.
    It looks like a really beautiful game too, between the puzzles and how happy I would be just to stare at it, it's not on my wishlist.  :D

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

A review of VLR, which I am replaying now. This guy does a good job of presenting an overview of the game without any spoilers. (P.S. - play Zero Escape.)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Zalah said:
    I play Warframe. My favorite character is Equinox because she can shift back and forth between attack and defense modes.
    I tried to play this today, but after going through the first area and getting on my ship, there's literally no way to do anything on the ship.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Terraria is impossible but fun with the right people. <3
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited April 2016
    Tuesday is a big day for me in gaming upgrades.

New Fallout DLC.

Destiny update.

Division update.

Might be a busy week.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    The new metal gear solid is fun. Division I need to really get my feet wet in.
    I don't know if this counts, but I've been watching an LP of the Danganronpa sequel, Ultra Despair Girls, and...well, the protagonist is not my favorite. Which is making enjoying it difficult. I like lady protagonists, SpikeChunsoft! Why you doin' me wrong!

Also as always with Danganronpa, you have to just roll with some plotholes to enjoy yourself. It's all built on a premise that is somewhat difficult to accept, but once you do, the ride is generally speaking an enjoyable one. Except Naegi in this game is so, so spineless. For why. ;_;
    Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    Terraria is impossible but fun with the right people. <3
    Terraria was only impossible because WE COULDN'T FIND ANY F*****G IRON!
    The new Endless Legend DLC is out! Time to be a rad batmoth.
  • After you beat it, you must replay with mods.  Because BG2 was one of the first games where the mod scene exploded and reinvented the game, adding so much value.

• Eldanien said:
    After you beat it, you must replay with mods.  Because BG2 was one of the first games where the mod scene exploded and reinvented the game, adding so much value.
    Let me beat it first, because I've always been told BG2 is way better in so many ways, but once I do... what mods are you talking about, exactly?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • TONS of NPC mods, some GUI mods, updated banters, class mods... the list goes on and on.

http://www.gibberlings3.net/
    http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/
    http://weidu.org/main.html

The big ones I always used regardless of my 'intent' on a playthrough, include the unofficial massive bugfix, widescreen display mod, and the alternate director's version of the ending that fixed/restored/re-implemented the last part of the game the way the director originally intended but had to scrap/cut back.

Once I'm done replaying Virtue's Last Reward, I'm going to hit up another of my favorite under-appreciated DS games: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective

I couldn't think of a way to explain the premise of the game in a way that did it justice, so here, this is a video of the first chapter. If you think it looks interesting, play it! Great story, superb animation. Seriously, look at this fancy spinning man:

It's so good. Another one of those games I can't recommend enough, but practically no one has heard of. It's like "puzzle mystery game with fantastic story" is an unloved genre or something, but judging from my top games list, I'm a big fan.
  • I'm replaying Mass Effect, because I can. Also doing a lot of Plague Inc., because what's better than a strategy game where you get to create a plague that wipes out humanity?
  • I've been replaying ME2 and just picked up a bunch of Telltale games thanks to the Humble Bundle deal.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Waiting for Danganronpa 2 to come out on Steam. It's almost April 18th. I'm ready for some simulated high school murder.
    Daraius said: