What are you playing?

Comments

• Pokkén is awesome. Very much so.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Pokken and Dragon Age: Inquisition are grateful breaks from the headaches reading and Lusternia have been giving me. I'm going to try and do my dragon age keep thing and get the perfect character this time around (note to everyone else: do NOT change spoken languages midway through. The French secondary male voice and English one are two completely different voices, and my adorable young dalish elf had the voice of a man fifty+ years old.)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Also playing some Pokken, went and bought it today. So far, I want to like Gengar, but I'm digging some Weavile. Pew pew.
    come2mag
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I like Pokken  from what I've seen, not sure if I want to purchase it. 
  • Weavile is adorable. I mean, I've always loved Weavile, but Weavile in pokken just cranks the adorableness up to 11.

Personally though, I mostly play Pikachu Libre. The hamminess is fantastic, and if you manage a mode switch her damage shoots through the roof. Kinda weak if you can't get that stance switch, but who cares. I mean, have you seen her throws? <3
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Pikalibre, Machamp, and standard Chu are my goto characters.
  • I can't bear to touch pikalibre, just because of what it is. Too gimmicky and "eck" for my tastes, but to each their own!
    come2mag
  • Dark Souls 3!

Though I have to be honest, while it's still very good and definately on par with the others, there's just not very much that's really new, feels like they're rehashing or reusing a lot of the old stuff.  Some of that is probably intentional what with the idea of a repeating cycle being a major theme of the series, but I'm kind of tired of wading through poison swamps and fighting skeletons in a dark cave.

Also the multiplayer is pretty buggy, but hopefully that'll get patched.
  • Lehki said:
    Dark Souls 3!

Though I have to be honest, while it's still very good and definately on par with the others, there's just not very much that's really new, feels like they're rehashing or reusing a lot of the old stuff.  Some of that is probably intentional what with the idea of a repeating cycle being a major theme of the series, but I'm kind of tired of wading through poison swamps and fighting skeletons in a dark cave.

Also the multiplayer is pretty buggy, but hopefully that'll get patched.
    I haven't really had much trouble aside from the occasional lag monster. If you ever want to co-op just let me know! 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Time for Danganronpa 2 on Steam. Murderous high schoolers on a deserted island? Sounds like good old fashioned fun to me.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I picked up Factorio and it was a huge mistake. Hours and hours gone in the blink of an eye. @-)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Kind of picked up DS3 on a whim; first time I've tried the series. Dying lots and lots @.@ Especially on the parts that lock out coop... (and I wish I knew defeating bosses also locks out coop for that area...)
    beep
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Riluna said:
    I was given a copy of Baldur's Gate 2 nearly 15 years ago as a birthday gift, and got a little disappointed that you could import a character who completed BG1. Disappointed because for me, that means I have to import such a character to experience the whole story and game "properly".

It's taken this long for me to playing BG1 off and on, but I have finally managed to create a character that slogged through the whole thing! It's so long.

I can finally play BG2. I'm ridiculously excited.

just be happy nobody ever gave you a copy of Suikoden.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Finally played through Half-Life 2 (Update edition), Lost Coast, Episode 1, and Episode 2. Whew! Loved Half-Life 2, Lost Coast would've been an awesome level in the game. Episode 1 was okay (am I allowed to say I don't really like Alyx?), but Episode 2 was great! That final battle at the end had my heart pounding like I haven't had in a game in a while.

Too bad we'll never know how the story ends :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Continuing my whirlwind of old PSX rpgs, I'm now chipping away at Revelations: Persona.

Man, I feel like they deliberately designed this game to be inaccessible, and then poorly translated it on top. Oh Atlus, you've come so far.

Everything is so clunky and obtuse. I might have to switch to the PSP remake... but that soundtrack...
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Yehn said:
    Kind of picked up DS3 on a whim; first time I've tried the series. Dying lots and lots @.@ Especially on the parts that lock out coop... (and I wish I knew defeating bosses also locks out coop for that area...)
    Git Gud. Just wait for pvp, the fight club is right after ds 3 pontiff sulyvahn.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    As much as I love games like Danganronpa and Phoenix Wright, I get so frustrated when I've solved the mystery but I pick the wrong piece of evidence to prove my point. </3 WOE.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I'm playing through the remastered FFX and just reached the top of Gagazet. They changed the Sanctuary Keeper's AI from the first version of the game...that bastard's tough now.
    Krackenor said:
    I'm playing through the remastered FFX and just reached the top of Gagazet. They changed the Sanctuary Keeper's AI from the first version of the game...that bastard's tough now.
    Being a big fan of FFX there are things I like in the remastered and thing I don't like. The soundtrack is VERY hit or miss. Some things sound great, others are awful. The scenery and creatures look amazing, but I feel like the main characters (especially Wakka and Yuna) look a lot worse.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Krackenor said:
    I'm playing through the remastered FFX and just reached the top of Gagazet. They changed the Sanctuary Keeper's AI from the first version of the game...that bastard's tough now.
    If it's the same one I'm thinking of, you just have to keep him reflected and chip away at him.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Yup, figured that out during round 2! On to Zanarkand!
  • edited May 2016
    Everiine said:
    Krackenor said:
    Being a big fan of FFX there are things I like in the remastered and thing I don't like. The soundtrack is VERY hit or miss. Some things sound great, others are awful. The scenery and creatures look amazing, but I feel like the main characters (especially Wakka and Yuna) look a lot worse.
    They should do a remake, 3D version of FF6/3. It was the best FF ever, it would be amazing.

Edit - maybe it's less work for the already 3d versions, but I'm not buying FFX redone.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • FF9 is on steam.

By far my favorite Final Fantasy. 
  • I bought FFX remaster, because I never owned the original one and therefore couldn't play it if I wanted to. I have been buying remasters in general because the text is often very difficult to read from older games on newer tvs, or the small tv I often play on when the regular tv is busy. 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

If I had  PS4 I'd probably buy FFX Remastered because I love the game. I just wish they'd put more effort into it.

FFXII needs a remastered edition. That thing is hard as heck to see on my LCD TV. Plus I'd love the Zodiak Job System instead of the license board.

• There's a ps2 rom floating around that inserts english text and audio into XII IZJS! It works pretty great, only had moonrunes pop up on graphics here or there and never anything significant.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Someone teach me how to play hearthstone.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    Shuyin said:
    Someone teach me how to play hearthstone.
    Go hunter. 
    Always attack their face. 
    ???? 
    Profit
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    That's how I play Smite, hearthstone is up my alley then.
  • I like Hearthstone priest better. Some of the cheapest cheese in the game. Lightspawn + Divine Spirit = lolol