What are you playing?

Comments

• Lerad said:
    I like Hearthstone priest better. Some of the cheapest cheese in the game. Lightspawn + Divine Spirit = lolol

Eh... There's enough out there that can counter that that it isn't SO bad. Paladins though... Hate those guys
  • Well, it is cheesy for a reason. :P

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I'm trying to play Star Wars: The Old Republic again, especially now that I have a shiny new video card. But as a "preferred" player, I'm shocked by how many basic things are locked out (seriously, quest rewards?). Lord of the Rings Online has spoiled me.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Factorio is fun. I'm not really that good at it yet. 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Corpse Party is being recommended to me on Steam. Anyone have experience with this one?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Everiine said:
    I'm trying to play Star Wars: The Old Republic again, especially now that I have a shiny new video card. But as a "preferred" player, I'm shocked by how many basic things are locked out (seriously, quest rewards?). Lord of the Rings Online has spoiled me.
    It used to be Free player < Preferred (has spent any amount of money on the game) < subscriber, but they combined the bottom two.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Sylandra said:
    Corpse Party is being recommended to me on Steam. Anyone have experience with this one?

If you're a fan of the Lovecraftian style of horror story where bad things happen to good people, repeatedly, you might like Corpse Party.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Tekora said:
    Sylandra said:

If you're a fan of the Lovecraftian style of horror story where bad things happen to good people, repeatedly, you might like Corpse Party.

Oh totally. Sold.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Corpse party has a fairly long history and is a pretty big franchise. And is probably one of the better anime-horror style game out there. I hesitate to compare it to Higurashi, but the level of gore is roughly around the same level. 

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Shaddus said:
    Everiine said:
    It used to be Free player < Preferred (has spent any amount of money on the game) < subscriber, but they combined the bottom two.
    There's a couple of differences, but yeah, they're pretty much the same thing. I'm just disappointed in how bad it is.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Stellaris was released, galaxy exploration and conquering here I come!

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Have you Stellaris people run into any major bugs? I don't trust Paradox releases on the first day, but I retain some hope.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I haven't seen any yet! It's been fun so far, but unfortunately I have to adult for a bit and clean my apartment. :p

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I caved and bought Stardew Valley. Games like this are usually pretty hit or miss with me, but I'm hoping not to be disappointed. Well, I mean...I'm already disappointed in how crap all the male marriage options are (I was almost goth-charmed by Sebastian, but he smokes, which killed our budding emo romance for me), but I'm allowed to marry a girl instead, so at least there's that. Not that I like most of the girls, either. Seems like I'm running into the problem I usually run into in games like these, where everyone I initially like the look of is not an option. But I'm trying to remind myself this is a farm simulator, not a waifu simulator. I guess.
  • Haven't noticed any major bugs in stellaris except eight hours suddenly passing. Also I think I got roaming monsters as units when I annexed a neighbor?
  • Phoebus said:
    I caved and bought Stardew Valley. Games like this are usually pretty hit or miss with me, but I'm hoping not to be disappointed. Well, I mean...I'm already disappointed in how crap all the male marriage options are (I was almost goth-charmed by Sebastian, but he smokes, which killed our budding emo romance for me), but I'm allowed to marry a girl instead, so at least there's that. Not that I like most of the girls, either. Seems like I'm running into the problem I usually run into in games like these, where everyone I initially like the look of is not an option. But I'm trying to remind myself this is a farm simulator, not a waifu simulator. I guess.
    He is adding in changes, I know there are plans to make to make two of the unmarriable options, marriable.

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    I got Stellaris too. Haven't had a chance to play it yet. But I loaded it up and it runs so much smoother than other paradox games do for me, while looking nicer too. Granted that might be because it was early on. Looking forward to playing it though! Also still playing heroes of the storm. Cause I'm a filthy casual moba player. I love how varied the gameplay is though. And not needing to lasthit with games that are usually 20 minutes is so nice.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I've also turned into a filthy casual when it comes to mobas. Just can't bring myself to play league anymore.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    It's why I only ARAM or do fun games like 'One for all' (we rocked a veigar game the other day, poor guys took cassiopea).

Because I can't be bothered to be good at normal.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • PS Dota 2 is still better than LoL.

I'm debating buying Paragon on PS4. It looks good. 
  • I bought FFX and FFX2 remastered. 

Apparently I don't buy new games anymore, I just buy old ones form my childhood.

That's not entirely your fault. Old games from your childhood are like 50% of what's available these days, seems like.

Meanwhile, I got on Steam and got hold of Sentinels of the Multiverse. Tabletop game I've played with friends, converted to computer. Handy for playing the recursive setups that'd get me slapped if I tried to play them with other people present.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    PS Dota 2 is still better than LoL.

I'm debating buying Paragon on PS4. It looks good. 

Denying is a terrible, crappy mechanic. It's also a lot less forgiving if you have a bad start. I don't have time to tryhard in Dota, hence I play LoL

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I don't have time to tryhard in lol, hence why I play HotS.
  • No way, Dota has comeback mechanics. The further you are ahead, the more you are worth when you die. 

No one denies in the lower tiers of play. 

I will say the thing I don't like about dota is that one person can carry a bad team, and one feeder can ruin a good team. Playing a support (my preferred role) can be awful because fed carries will just murder you and you spend most of the game hiding. 

That being said, I feel like LoL has bigger balance issues than Dota.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods

That being said, I feel like LoL has bigger balance issues than Dota.

Sometimes they make really head scratching changes. The recent massive mage rework has some really good changes... and some really god awful ones that either catapult a champ into the stratosphere (Malzahar, Fiddlesticks) or totally dumpster champs (Anivia anyone?). There have only been a few times since I've started playing that I felt like a balance change was a really obvious bad idea, and they're all in the huge mid or pre-season content updates, persisting for about a month while they fix their booboos. The Juggernaut patch was like that. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I happened to purchase the entire Bard's Tale series the other day from Humble Bundle. Time to retro.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited May 2016
    Dylara said:
    Phoebus said:
    He is adding in changes, I know there are plans to make to make two of the unmarriable options, marriable.
    I doubt they're ever gonna let me woo Jodi or Caroline, considering they're married mothers and all. :(  It's always the older women that get me. Hazel from Rune Factory 3, Ayame in Tale of Two Towns...sigh. I don't want to date some bratty kid.