What are you playing?

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I've done 40k on it. I don't endorse it. Moving all of the figures in skirmish formation is a pain. Not sure if that's due to user incompetence or just a flaw of the system. Fantasy is slightly easier because of the neat formations. Battlefleet Gothic and Mordheim are better choices. Saga would probably work great if you set up the battle boards for it. I also use it for my homebrew system.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Finished The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - Redux, and did like it! Short for my taste, and not as many "encounters" as I would have hoped. But stunningly gorgeous, amazing music, and I didn't mind the ending, especially now that I've thought about it some more and heard some others' thoughts.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Alan Wake is pretty good if you haven't played it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Picked up Pokemon Go, even though I'm not really into Pokemon. Found a Pidgy in my front room.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Wasn't it only released in AU/NZ...?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Got it through the regular App Store ...

Annick said:
    Got it through the regular App Store ...
    Yeah, they released it for international later in the day.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Synkarin said:
    Wasn't it only released in AU/NZ...?

Shaddus said:

Annick said:
    Got it through the regular App Store ...
    Yeah, they released it for international later in the day.
    Yup, officially released through most major countries at this point, AFAIK.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I'll just be over here, wistfully staring into the distance, doing my best to convince myself I'm not totally broken up about the fact that my phone is incapable of running Go. I-it's not like I've been wanting a game like this since I was a child or anything. Everyone else's hype all over the internet isn't killing me inside, really!  :((  Uhhu...
  • I picked up Fire Emblem Fates, though I am playing through the Bioshock Collection when I have the TV to myself.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Phoebus said:
    I'll just be over here, wistfully staring into the distance, doing my best to convince myself I'm not totally broken up about the fact that my phone is incapable of running Go. I-it's not like I've been wanting a game like this since I was a child or anything. Everyone else's hype all over the internet isn't killing me inside, really!  :((  Uhhu...
    Why not?  Can't your phone run the latest iOS/Android version? :(
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
    edited July 2016
    Kagato said:
    Phoebus said:
    Why not?  Can't your phone run the latest iOS/Android version? :(
    My phone is Very Old by smartphone standards. It does not have enough memory to run most apps that have come out in the past year or two, and can barely even send text messages anymore without lag. Generally, if I'm lucky, things will just lag heavily and crash constantly; it's annoying, but those games are technically playable. I was hoping that would be the case with Go, but no, it's too much for the poor old thing to handle at all. Alas. I really hate replacing things that aren't broken, but it might as well be broken, since everything is made on the assumption that people get new phones more frequently than I'd prefer to.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    So pleased with my current Ironman run of CK2. My mission of being a lowly Italian count, the first of his dynasty, has led to four duchies under my dynasty's control as well as ruling Italy. And because my stewardship is a beautiful 18 I got to divvy up my king's spoils as steward when he took over the Emirate of Tunis. And subsequently was elected to be the next heir of Italy, giving the duchy of Lombardy with it. The best part? My stats are incredible, but my two eldest sons have the genius trait. It took a few moronic dukes to get to this moment, but the moment is glorious.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I recently picked up Fire Emblem Fates, starting with Birthright. Rather enjoying it, had a play through where I got pretty far but was pretty weak so started over, much stronger now, more supports, etc.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I'm playing Pokemon X Y again. :X
    I've been thinking of replaying these lately. :D

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I dled an emulator for Pokemon red/blue on my phone.

It's been keeping me busy

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited July 2016
    I just fired up my Omega Ruby game yesterday for the first time in almost two years (TWO YEARS? It's been that long?? I saw the 2014 on my trainer card and nearly fainted.) Must be Pokeymons season, man.

...Does anyone want to be a pal and toss me a (preferably female so I can breed more) Mareep from X/Y so I can get an Ampharos in OR? I feel so lost without him. Altaria and Ampharos have a permanent spot on my team for every game they're in, and not having him is killing me. I'll go out and catch something for you in return if you want!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    What's the best Pokemon game to start with, for someone who has no nostalgia for the series and doesn't want to deal with unrefined mechanics.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Either of the two newest ones (X/Y, OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire), because there's way less grinding and easier way to connect to other players. XY are the new generation, while OR/AS are remakes of GenIII. Or you can wait until the fall for the newest ones!

Dylara said:
    Either of the two newest ones (X/Y, OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire), because there's way less grinding and easier way to connect to other players. XY are the new generation, while OR/AS are remakes of GenIII. Or you can wait until the fall for the newest ones!
    X/Y has a slight advantage over ORAS in that it lets you play dress up with customize your trainer avatar. Why did they take my dress-up customization away from me? I was loving dropping all my hard-won fight money on meaningless outfits. :( Trainer customization had better be included Sun/Moon.
  • Phoebus said:
    Dylara said:
    Either of the two newest ones (X/Y, OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire), because there's way less grinding and easier way to connect to other players. XY are the new generation, while OR/AS are remakes of GenIII. Or you can wait until the fall for the newest ones!
    X/Y has a slight advantage over ORAS in that it lets you play dress up with customize your trainer avatar. Why did they take my dress-up customization away from me? I was loving dropping all my hard-won fight money on meaningless outfits. :( Trainer customization had better be included Sun/Moon.
    I do agree, but I figure I would mention ORAS because it was a very nice improvement on the old version if he wanted to try one of the older ones. :)

edited July 2016
    Dylara said:
    Phoebus said:
    Dylara said:
    I do agree, but I figure I would mention ORAS because it was a very nice improvement on the old version if he wanted to try one of the older ones. :)
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I like OR plenty! I'm playing it now instead of my X save. But there's definitely a trainer customization-shaped hole in my heart.  ;)
  • edited July 2016
    Fire Red and Leaf Green.

It has the simplicity of the original games and only 151 pokemon to keep up with (I think there are like 700 now), but without being ugly as sin like the original Blue and Red. Blastoise is like some overweight sumo turtle

• Daraius said:
    What's the best Pokemon game to start with, for someone who has no nostalgia for the series and doesn't want to deal with unrefined mechanics.
    Sun/Moon are coming out in November.

Could just hang on tight to that money for the newest and sweetest pokemon in a coupla months.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    EVERY TIME I AM ABOUT TO INHERIT ITALY IN CRUSADER KINGS 2, SOMETHING GOES TERRIBLY WRONG. =((

RIP genius-trait-possessing sexy beast of a duke cut down in your late thirties. Idk why you died due to "Poor health" but now I'm stuck with someone who has no stewardship because I was banking on that elective succession coming my way and this game won't let me monkify or murder my firstborn son and heir. Time to marry a 70 year old lady as a derpy 23 year old and hope my jealous genius-trait uncle murders me soon. ._.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Somehow went from not understanding a single thing in CK2 and wanting to weep openly about it the last time I tried playing, to neglecting sleep in order to further my laughably awful dynasty. I blame Denis. 
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Starbound updated and retconned their lore, mission progression, and it's beautiful. Now if only I can get it to stop crashing every time I try to upgrade my matter manipulator, then I'll be one helluva happy camper. (btw, Florian best race after Starkid)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."