What are you playing?

Comments

• Oh man I loved Don't Starve, I was really hooked on that for awhile. I think my record for days lived was 80ish?

Lately though I've been refamiliarizing myself with my Priest in WoW, getting ready for Legion. If anybody wants to add me battletag is LehkiBug#1865. I'll be your healbot
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Daraius said:
    Am I a bad person for playing Pokemon Uranium as my first Pokemon game?
    You don't even get to choose your starter! I got the one I wanted anyway (Orchynx!), but still. It made me think of Animal Crossing forcing me to answer a personality survey to get a haircut. I just wanna pick the thing I want, games. Please!

I'd probably have gotten further in that one before getting bored if I didn't think most of their fan-made Pokemon designs were kinda bad. And the sprite of the androgynous avatar I chose is a little bit ugly and has me wishing I picked the girl instead. Aesthetics are important to me, ok. I'll probably periodically try to get into it again, just 'cause I got a female starter, which always makes me feel a bit special when it happens.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Lehki said:
    Oh man I loved Don't Starve, I was really hooked on that for awhile. I think my record for days lived was 80ish?

Lately though I've been refamiliarizing myself with my Priest in WoW, getting ready for Legion. If anybody wants to add me battletag is LehkiBug#1865. I'll be your healbot
    Got a Paladin to 60 using invasions, Boosted her, and immediately started a demon hunter on another server to wait out the timer, but it was worth it. Just need to get back to tankin' spec by getting good enough sword-n-bord for it.
  • Luce said:
    Lehki said:
    Oh man I loved Don't Starve, I was really hooked on that for awhile. I think my record for days lived was 80ish?

Got a Paladin to 60 using invasions, Boosted her, and immediately started a demon hunter on another server to wait out the timer, but it was worth it. Just need to get back to tankin' spec by getting good enough sword-n-bord for it.
    Demon Hunter'd be sword-n-sword though, yah?

Forgot to say I mainly play Horde. Though do have a 90 alliance druid was planning to level before it hit.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Not the DH, the pally. Planning on using both of them, my druid, and another DH on the other side across two servers. Three Ally, one Horde.

I do have a horde pally as well, but he's in the low 50s, and I work for a living. And a hobby.
  • Stardew Valley, absolutely. I am so obsessed with this game.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Oueli said:
    Stardew Valley, absolutely. I am so obsessed with this game.
    Yes yes yes. Got me all up in my Harvest Moon nostalgia feels. (PS: Penny is the bestest.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    All I know is there has to be a way to make Sebastian fall in love with me, and I won't stop until I figure it out without resorting to using the internet.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Tremula said:
    All I know is there has to be a way to make Sebastian fall in love with me, and I won't stop until I figure it out without resorting to using the internet.
    I married Sebastian in my game. You can do it! :P It's a lot easier to build friendship once he likes you enough to let you in his room.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Phoebus said:
    It's a lot easier to build friendship once he likes you enough to let you in his room.
    :hushed:
    Luce said:
    Phoebus said:
    It's a lot easier to build friendship once he likes you enough to let you in his room.
    :hushed:
    Because he's always in there and you have to schedule your entire day around catching him during the extremely small windows of time he actually leaves to get lunch or stare at a lake to talk to him otherwise!
  • I got Beyond Good and Evil HD from Xbox Gold. My childhood. <3

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Just bought Obduction last night, the brand new game from the same company that created Myst and Riven. So far, I'm liking it. It has that Myst feel, and quite a few homages (sound effects, a few design elements), but still feels unique. Now that I'm getting more of the story, I'm pretty intrigued. I had a good run solving some simple puzzles, but finally hit one I'm stuck on (for now!).
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    So, new Crusader Kings DLC.

Started in Iceland. Got Influenza, resulted in insanity. Got cancer, leg amputated by idiot doctor. Got rabies. Died. Character lifespan: 5 years.

Go to son. Get leprosy. Die. Character Lifespan: 21 years, but only two as active character with leprosy.

Go to nephew. Somehow manage to live to forty despite having the Great Pox and cancer. Die of stress.

Go to son. Attempt to be a viking, get scurvy. Die.

10/10 would recommend to everyone. This is not sarcasm, this is hilarious.

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Been playing WoW lately as well. Feel free to add my battletag. DatMurse#1100. I play Wyrmrest Accord (US server) Horde side.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
    Time to chat about my latest dating sim adventure: Mystic Messenger! What do you do when you enjoy IMs and Korean dramas? Play a Korean phone app otome, aww yiss. And why not, when it's free to download!

Behold the opening and its K-pop glory:

So the interface of this game is actually really charming. It works the smartphone app format to full advantage by making the game orient itself around chatroom-style messages, text messages, e-mails, and phone calls. That's the way you communicate with the game's characters, and how they respond to you. Also you can choose your avatar, like I did with my Feyrll pic.

It also does this in real time! Which is both cool and irritating! The game itself goes over the span of 11 days. Over those days, you'll get notifications when certain characters are online and interested in talking. If you're online when they are, you chat as normal. If you're not... you either witness the conversation and how it goes on without you OR you spend a bit of the 'hourglass' game currency to go back in time, if you will, and chat as if the conversation is happening now. After 24 hours have elapsed, however, the conversation stands as it is.

Your choices on how to communicate with people determine your game's outcome. Each character has something like 5 endings? And some go dark. However, only 3 of the characters are available initially to pursue their path. The two best characters are in the 'Deep' gameplay section, which to my understanding is locked away because they're so secret-heavy they spoil the other 3 routes.

The plot is shaky in places, and I do think the protagonist suffers a bit from otome syndrome (ie, she is bland and doesn't have enough options for my taste), BUT there are moments you get to be completely savage, which makes everything worth it.

Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the pettiest protagonist of all?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Sylandra said:

Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the pettiest protagonist of all?
    Most of this doesn't seem like my kind of thing, but being able to point out other characters' typos to them, in a setting where people seem to write young people speaking casually as dumber chatspeak than anyone older than 12 has ever actually used...that's right up my alley. That's the kind of preset option I need in my life. Every game needs this.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    There is more than one typo in that IM...
    There's also a lot of stupid, amazing jokes. "LOLOL" is a game suspiciously like LoL that a character is addicted to. Famous actor "Leonardo DiCappucino" is referenced. The "fried chicken and wine" line that I've decided almost certainly a reference to the K-drama "My Love from the Star" completely and totally delighted me.

Xenthos said:
    There is more than one typo in that IM...
    (lol that's what @Irillia said too)
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I WAS NOT PREPARED!

Also, Druids have a nasty bug where if you swim in the Order Hall, the servers are going to drop you like an overbalanced tray in an earthquake.
  • I was totally not prepared to give up my life to this game again. The order hall and artifact weapon quest stuff is making me actually want to level one of every class.

The shadow priest dagger is so great, it randomly says creepy things all the time. Been like 3 days and have gotten a dozen different comments from it with no repeats yet. The best were when you kill something and it's just like, "Did you enjoy that?" or "Delicious." 
  • I've already got my goblin warlock to 110 with my wonderful talking skull artifact weapon. My next will be holy priest, I think.

• Didn't start until this weekend, but I had a very enjoyable binge on Legion. Up to 107 on my disc priest and I'm both terrified and excited for raiding. Disc is absolutely different, but I've played a priest since Wrath so I'm used to my entire class being redesigned each expac :p New disc feels like I might be able to be really potent if I play it right, and I won't piss off other healers as much (finally).

I think my favorite part about legion is, aside from the lore everywhere, just how flexible things feel. I'm sure min max stuff will eventually come out, but between talents, weapon, etc right now it feels like there a ton of options and playstyles I can pick from just for one spec!
  • Soooooooon.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Just don't swim in the Emerald Dream-y areas. I'm unfortunately on a nearly dead Horde-heavy RPPvP server playing Alliance. I spent 30 minutes on Monday doing a 2-minutes-dead-30-seconds-alive cycle in Highmountain before just sitting next to my corpse and reading a book for a few minutes until the various Bastard-Patrols got bored and wandered off for long enough for me to res, Dreamwalk, and log out.

Usually I only deal with one or two deaths a day while questing, but apparently someone declared the area micrAlterac Valley or something, because I STILL haven't been able to get that chain continued. I just started the Nessingwary stuff instead, and am quite happy killing/skinning bears, cats, and moose, thank you.
  • edited September 2016
    Oh that sucks. I love large scale world PvP (m y server used to do big fights each week that guilds from each side would schedule) but I don't see the fun in banking people while questing. Aside from a few jerky rogues (it's always rogues...), it's been nice on my server, I think partially due to the old PvP traditions (coordinating fight nights makes you friendly to the other side!). I actually made pals with an Alliance druid. Our spells kept hitting each other so we would take turns pulling mobs to kill and completed a whole area together (the new tagging system is awesome!).
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited September 2016
    That's how it's been most of the time, but for me it's usually Belf Hunters and Shadow-priests. Might be because rogues know better than to tangle with me since I will drain all the blood from their (possibly) still-beating hearts.
    Seriously, my opening dance is "Stealth to stun+moderate bleed, moderate bleed, middling damage, random self-heal during which I have 100% dodge because fuck you, BIG bleed, Angrycat the Jungle King, upgrade moderate bleed to big bleed, om, nom, nom, insta-self-heal, probably a stun, BIG damage, refresh moderate bleed, etc." That BIG bleed is about 250k across 10 seconds or so, per the tooltip when I'm sitting in my order hall. Basically, if you can't kill me before your first stun wears off, and you can't keep away from me, you're probably about to bleed to death.

However, when it's you, your buddy, your cousin, your sister, your grandmama, her knitting circle, your sister's book club, your cousin's choir, and the Vareesa Windrunner Memorial Tabernacle Choir against me and the random DH fishing in the corner, I don't have much to offer.
  • You gotta watch out for grandmama's knitting circle. Those gals are hardcore.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I found my misplaced copy of SMT: Nocturne. It is being replayed now.