What are you playing?

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Overwatch is doing a free weekend starting the 18th, so...I'll be playing Pokémon. Probably Sun.
  • Stratas said:
    A friend gave me a digital copy of Dishonored. So, this'll be fun.
    I just started as well...I think the devil just told me to go on a scavenger hunt
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Daraius said:
    Booted up RCT2 in mild anticipation of Planet Coaster, wondering if it's possible to recapture the joy and satisfaction park building gave me as a kid.
    Discovering that I don't meet the minimum system requirements for Planet Coaster, so I guess RCT2 is going to have to scratch that itch for now.  :/
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Stratas said:
    A friend gave me a digital copy of Dishonored. So, this'll be fun.
    I got this recently too, it's fun.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    Daraius said:
    Booted up RCT2 in mild anticipation of Planet Coaster, wondering if it's possible to recapture the joy and satisfaction park building gave me as a kid.
    Discovering that I don't meet the minimum system requirements for Planet Coaster, so I guess RCT2 is going to have to scratch that itch for now.  :/
    RCT1 was on Steam and I found out because of this post. \o/ TIME TO WIN ALL THE SCENARIOS (again).
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • So, storytime.

A year and a half ago I met this guy on OKCupid. I had a derpy video game name as my handle, something like "I play healers," so he replied back with "Hey, I play tanks!" We clicked, things went great, we had some dates, where he proudly told me "Oh yeah, I play Heroes of the Storm!"

I fell in love.

Until Lusternia, I played HOTS for hours each night. I still play it every day or two. It's my first MOBA and I love it, have ever since i demo'd it at Blizzcon. I was reaaaally bad when I started and kinda sorta only played Lili for about 6 months, so none of my e-friends want to play it with me. So this guy saying he played? Oh yeah. My heart flitter-fluttered.

A few weeks into dating, he pinged me on skype for a special e-date. He had gotten all of his friends into a group and invited me in. 5 people playing! It was amazing. I fell even more in love and our next date we agreed to be exclusive.

Fast forward to today. THAT WAS THE LAST HOTS GAME HE PLAYED WITH ME. HE TRICKED ME INTO LOVING HIM. WHAT WHAT WHO DOES THAT.

HOWEVER, today is when the nexus challenge starts. I woke up to a text asking, "Hey baby, wanna play some HOTS tonight and like maybe all this week so I can do this challenge?"

YOU ARE IN MY HOUSE NOW BOYFRIENDO. Oh, yes, it's on. MUHAHAHAHA.

I'm excited :D
    Daraius said:
    Daraius said:
    Update 2: I can run Planet Coaster! Pretty low graphical settings, but it's still quite pretty. :D
    I used to make cakes.

I have a deep abiding love of Ren'py games, and Aloners is free and very well done. You're a female protagonist who wakes up essentially in an "I am Legend" situation with the last man on earth in a post-apocalyptic world. The choices you make are almost completely about how you relate to this other person, affecting your personality and how he relates to you. Optional romantic plotline. I really, really enjoyed the narrative of this one, and was pleasantly surprised by some subtle twists. If you like visual novels, give it a go.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Lehki said:
    GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL
    Yeeeeeah, it's here! I got Moon and can start soon!

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I just can't get into the new Pokemon. I never had the money to buy more than the games I started with, but I've at least glanced every now and then. But the few pictures of new Pokemon I've seen have been absolutely ridiculous and silly, like they're finally running out of ideas.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Gen 1 had a pokemon that was a glob of goo, one that was a pokeball with eyes, not one but two generic pink things that are vaguely defined 'cute' until they evolve, and one that was a bunch of eggs that evolved into a stunted coconut palm tree. They've ALWAYS had ridiculous and silly pokemon.
  • Everiine said:
    I just can't get into the new Pokemon. I never had the money to buy more than the games I started with, but I've at least glanced every now and then. But the few pictures of new Pokemon I've seen have been absolutely ridiculous and silly, like they're finally running out of ideas.
    This has been said in every generation, heh. The pokemon series has never really been that original in its ideas, fire lizard, water turtle, various bugs, dogs, cats, fish, electric sheep? They did have a bit of a lull in what I found to be enjoyable mechanics and play, but it's improved since X&Y.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'm just waiting till I can get home.

• edited November 2016
    Update: my boyfriend is better at HOTS than me. Did not expect this turn of events.... He keeps complaining that the bots are too easy. We aren't playing against AI.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    My owl is named Hoolon.
  • I don't understand pokemon. :( even when it first came out -- it's pretty repetitive and grindy.

Ordassa said:
    I don't understand pokemon. :( even when it first came out -- it's pretty repetitive and grindy.

I just seem to find Zen in games where you can spend a lot of time farming. Then, depending on how you dress that up and what other features get tailored in, it's pretty easy to keep me hooked.

Vivet said:
    Ordassa said:
    I don't understand pokemon. :( even when it first came out -- it's pretty repetitive and grindy.

I just seem to find Zen in games where you can spend a lot of time farming. Then, depending on how you dress that up and what other features get tailored in, it's pretty easy to keep me hooked.

I was about to say "this is why I love Harvest Moon" then realized your farming and my farming are not the same thing.
    Daraius said:
    Sylandra said:
    Vivet said:
    Ordassa said:

I was about to say "this is why I love Harvest Moon" then realized your farming and my farming are not the same thing.
    Ahahahaha. Well, I do enjoy Harvest Moon too!

And to be fair, while it might not be the sort of farming you thought I was talking about, there is an awful lot of "farming" going on in Harvest Moon as well. It's just dressed up and presented in a fashion that differs notably from most other RPGs, and gets some mandatory variance in weekly scheduling, etc. I think that just proves my point, though - style is a crucial element!

Also, now that I look over that post again, @Ordassa - you say "even when it first came out", which seems to imply the first generation might be the only you bothered touching. Relative to the new generations, Gen I pokemon is indeed very grindy and slow paced, and if that was your main issue with the series then I think you'd find the recent entries are less problematic in that regard. Unless you're going to try to train 20+ critters at a time like me, you can probably just glide on through the game with very little walking in circles, especially if you keep exp share on.

• edited November 2016
    Currently i am playing some Crusader kings II
    (I could go on and on about CKII, sorry about the long post.)

I will often find something amusing in medieval Europe. There was this one particular chain of events with one of my characters that followed him through his entire life and effected his offspring in not so desirable way aka started a lot of unnecessary bloodshed.

I am count in the late viking age England and i have just been crowned after the late count died in a battle against viking raiders, people say he was slain by a mere soldier with an ax through the skull.
    My character's father the late count had arranged a marriage to the second born daughter of the count of Swansea and Duke of Lancaster. She's a raving lunatic who firmly believes that she is being possessed by the devil and keeps hearing voices in her head or so she says but she is also a genius and at the professional +10 level on every attribute.
    Everything is going fine and dandy, we make couple of babies and hope they won't turn insane too and pray that they inherit their mothers genius trait. Time passes by and fortunately all of the babies survive infancy. Fast forward to their young adulthood and my heir is quite the fellow. He has no concept of what diplomacy is all about but he sure knows how to swing a weapon and how to plan a military campaign with 18 martial attribute and personal combat ability to go with it. My second born son has taken it upon himself to visit Duke of Lancaster's wife regularly and sleep with her while the duke has no clue where the babies keep popping up, he doesn't probably even have a single legitimate child to inherit him. My third born daughter had an arranged marriage with the prince of Scotland and gets dragged into a revolution where she is leading the princes forces with the prince against the princes father, king of Scotland.

Fast forwards a couple of years.

My daughter is the queen of Scotland. My second son is still bedding the duchess of Lancaster and i am confident to leave the county to my heir who will no doubt at least keep it free from invaders and maybe if i manage to get a couple of good casus belli's might become a duke in which case my grandchildren will need to be sorted out because there is more to inherit than just one title. My own wife wants me to throw my stewards son into the dungeon because he simply just annoys her. Then she suggests that all the houses in the county should have only three walls and leave the fourth wall open for the air to freely flow in and out. Not to mention the once she continued bugging me about the plot where she wanted to kill her brother-in-law because he never visited her and she thought that this is very, VERY offensive to her. Maybe if she succeed she'll wear his skin and do a creepy dance? Who knows.

Fast forward to the end of my days

So the day comes when i die, i died infirm and bedridden into natural causes and my heir inherits me.
    He is less liked by everyone because he is a fumbling idiot with diplomacy and politics and has to do quite a bit of extra work to make it up for everybody in his court.
    The duke of Lancaster dies without a legitimate heir and so his wife inherits him and this puts the brother of the heir into a precarious position. He has a legit claim on the title because he is the father of the children that have legitimate claims on the duchy. So he rides away from Lancaster and Swansea and goes to my heir and together they start a war against the duchess of Lancaster who is now an old and withered husk. The war is won and one of the heirs brother's children is raised as the new duke. Everything seems fine and dandy unless the king of England himself is not satisfied with the situation and starts a war with the new Duke of Lancaster to reclaim the title in which the heirs brother and the heir himself are drawn into or join. This would spiral out of control and the title would change hands rapidly for 20 to 30 years. About every 5 - 6 years you had a new Duke on the throne of Lancaster before another war started for the title. This bloodshed effects the army of the kingdom of England way more than it should and makes it vulnerable to the last few viking invaders that eventually leads to that England is divided into small warring factions that each have their own culture, religion and agenda.

What happened during this war and its after effects are an another story.

You and @Sylandra will be best friends.
    I used to make cakes.

edited November 2016
    Welcome. There are many varied examples of dramatic CK2 adventures in this thread. Please feel free to add to them.

(I know @Silvanus has some but I struggled to find them in the search engine...)
    Daraius said:
  • @Aramel has also told me about her exploits in Eugenics Simulator 2016
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Lancashire buggering it up for the rest of England seems legitimate.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Falmiis said:
    @Aramel has also told me about her exploits in Eugenics Simulator 2016
    Heresy! My Genius Strong Attractive babies will overthrow your kingdom. (Except for that one inbred one we smothered.)
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • Aramel said:
    Falmiis said:
    @Aramel has also told me about her exploits in Eugenics Simulator 2016
    Heresy! My Genius Strong Attractive babies will overthrow your kingdom. (Except for that one inbred one we smothered.)
    Hear that @Sylandra and @Daraius? Great-great-great-grandbabies confirmed.
  • Sylandra said:
    I have a deep abiding love of Ren'py games, and Aloners is free and very well done. You're a female protagonist who wakes up essentially in an "I am Legend" situation with the last man on earth in a post-apocalyptic world. The choices you make are almost completely about how you relate to this other person, affecting your personality and how he relates to you. Optional romantic plotline. I really, really enjoyed the narrative of this one, and was pleasantly surprised by some subtle twists. If you like visual novels, give it a go.
    Downloading now, I love these sorts of games!

Can you recommend any others?
  • edited November 2016
    Well, there was this one game i played as a female high chief in Charlemagne start Finland.
    I had just finished conquering all the de jure territories and declared myself the queen of Finland.
    Everybody hated my guts because as a pagan i had subdued all of the other tribes under my rule with an iron fist.
    I fought against many revolts and executed many nobles and eventually as expected gained the cruel and wrathful traits to make the situation worse.

So there comes this time King of Sweden and all of his jarls declared a war on the Kingdom of Finland. What did the nobles do? They all scurried behind my back like frightened children and told me to save them from the Swedish pagans. They also agreed to pull the same rope with me for once!
    Initially the war went poorly, we lost many battles and two counties but finally in a decisive battle of the castle of Turku the Finnish forces cut the head from the Swedish forces and made them run for their lives, this was all that i needed to recuperate and then push the advantage to raid the Swedish shores to replenish my war coffers. The king of Sweden did not manage to his men organized for an another concentrated strike fast enough and so i was able to take his capital county, imprison his heir and free my own two counties to claim victory.

Imagine the king of Sweden trying to explain to his Jarl's how he lost to a small old woman from Finland fighting with sticks and loincloths against his steel and armor. Savage fighting!
  • Talk about Karma.. So my characters daughter decides to hide her affair with the count of Theopolis and the result is a bastard son. I prevent the count's claim on my duchy by castrating my daughter and then banishing her onto an exile. I will also disown the bastard son as my grandson but unfortunately my fool of a marshal lets him escape my soldiers. Generations later the great grandson of my exiled daughter arrives in my court and reluctantly gets appointed as the court physician by the great grandson of my character. While trying to treat my wife from a mysterious illness that resulted from the latest birth he does absolutely nothing but rubs my wife's belly for hour and an half.. Thanks a lot, she might die to it now.