What are you playing?

Comments

• edited January 2017
    *sigh* When you have to duel your heir you raised yourself from the ground up to be a superior ruler and then you have to kill them to prevent them from killing me. I never taught him to be an ambitious person but he gained the trait nonetheless and decided it's a good idea to challenge authority and now the entire court is pissed at me for being a kinslayer. Well, at least i evaded my heirs plot to overthrow me.
  • No, in that situation you should die to your heir... then you become your heir, and he now has Ambitious which is +2 to everything!
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • I'm playing through the Uncharted series. Started FF15 and Fallout 4 but wasn't quite in the mood to play them.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• overwatch. anyone still doing this?
  • Diablo 3 and the expansion pack were on sale for like $20, so I bought that. 
    I'm totally not Cyndarin.
  • edited January 2017
    Aramel said:
    No, in that situation you should die to your heir... then you become your heir, and he now has Ambitious which is +2 to everything!
    But think of the poor character! I'm sure they want to live as much as anyone in the court. Taking all weapons and firing the spymaster temporarily is just cruel and he doesn't get murdered by any random person but his own son he taught for years on the ins and outs of rulership and courtly intrigue.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Has anyone added the Reaper's Due expansion to CK2? Everyone drops like flies! It should be irritating but it's actually amazingly fun. Also: sneaky quality of life changes are good. The game lags less for example.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Best expansion, although it does make tiny dynasty starts a little more luck based. My only complaint is that there are no plots to dump corpses inside castles and spread disease.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • There was this woman in Ireland in one of my vassals court that i followed for about 30 years. During that time she got it all. Fever, fly, pneumonia and headaches all at the same time and miraculously survived that without the help of a court physician. Some characters i'll never get how their health works.
    I got the Typhoid Mary achievement in the first fifteen minutes of playing a Castilian countess, lol.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Picked up Spirit of Just-OH MY GOD THE PUN NAMES
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    We've been playing a lot of Eldritch Horror, using Vassal. I bought my friend who owns the game one of the expansions for his birthday! 
  • I accidentally stumbled upon a french indie game called 'Lands of lords' Created and maintained by one person who developed it for 8 years. So far its been a breath of fresh air with several new cool ideas to your usual browser strategy game.  
  • Enyalida said:
    We've been playing a lot of Eldritch Horror, using Vassal. I bought my friend who owns the game one of the expansions for his birthday! 
    Do you have tabletop simulator on steam?  It's $20 but the games are all free to play.

Most of them are amazing quality and look like the real thing.  
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's a chess/backagammon/etc. simulator? Nooo?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Enyalida said:

Tabletop Simulator has a lot of support for other games through the Steam Workshop. It's designed with downloading other games in mind.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I just had probably the closest battle in CKII yet.

Battle of Slesvig 772 where Danish forces are battling it out with Saxony. 12000 against 9900 men.
    The battle starts with Danish forces mounting a full frontal assault of light cavalry from the middle flank against the Saxon lines, the Saxons answer with a volley of arrows before the light cavalry makes contact and decimates the morale of their middle flank albeit taking heavy losses themselves in the process. 

The left and right flanks of the danish forces refuse to follow the middle flanks example and instead just end up taunting the Saxons while the middle flank of the Saxon forces run for their lives and the Danish cavalry is being surrounded from all sides and being systematically killed. 

The danish middle flank wavers but holds. The Saxon right and left flank spread out thin and take to the sides of the battlefield leaving only a token force of wounded men to guard the remains of their middle flank. The left flank of the danish forces is now charging while the right flank is still pondering their next move. Wasted battle plan. 

This confusion gives the Saxons and opportunity to strike but they fail to break the morale of the Danish. Instead a bloodbath follows when the forces clash together. And it goes on and on and on.. In the end only under 100 men made it out of there alive on each side and in the end when everyone else had fled the commanders where still swinging their swords for a moment among all the corpses. There was no real victor in this battle. Almost everyone was killed save the commanders and a few men.
  • Enyalida said:
    I mean yeah, it plays that but you can also play D&D, fantasy flight games, etc.

Here's their catalogue - every game in this is FREE and you don't even have to download them, they upload to tabletop simulator in an instant.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/286160/workshop/
  • edited January 2017
    Just tried the demo for Seven Kingdoms: a Princess Problem. THANK YOU @SYLANDRA THANK YOU
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • I finished the Uncharted series, now I have to decide between FF15 and Fallout 4. :(

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Xeii said:
    Just tried the demo for Seven Kingdoms: a Princess Problem. THANK YOU @SYLANDRA THANK YOU
    YAYYY @Irillia and I welcome you to the club \o/
    Daraius said:
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Dylara said:
    I finished the Uncharted series, now I have to decide between FF15 and Fallout 4. :(
    FF15 if you want a short main game and a crapton of side stuff after you beat the game. Fallout 4 if you want to put off doing the main quest because another settlement needs your help. I'll mark it on your map.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Shaddus said:
    Dylara said:
    I finished the Uncharted series, now I have to decide between FF15 and Fallout 4. :(
    FF15 if you want a short main game and a crapton of side stuff after you beat the game. Fallout 4 if you want to put off doing the main quest because another settlement needs your help. I'll mark it on your map.
    More like Fallout 4 if you want to ignore all quests and play Hoarding Simulator. I got the game recently, and I'm only clearing out every location I see because there might be lots of junk in there. I don't feel very compelled by the storyline or the settlements, my only goal is to collect everything that isn't bolted down for my hoard. I'm like a dragon with really low standards.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Phoebus said:
    Shaddus said:
    Dylara said:
    More like Fallout 4 if you want to ignore all quests and play Hoarding Simulator. I got the game recently, and I'm only clearing out every location I see because there might be lots of junk in there. I don't feel very compelled by the storyline or the settlements, my only goal is to collect everything that isn't bolted down for my hoard. I'm like a dragon with really low standards.
    I do, in fact, like to play Hoarding Simulator!

I just usually call it Lusternia.
  • Shaddus said:
    Dylara said:
    I'm currently in some cave labyrinth searching for a tomb. This is a weird game sometimes. 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Phoebus said:
    Shaddus said:
    Dylara said:
    I'm not sure what you're playing on, or if you use mods, but there's one on PS4 that allows you to scrap leaf piles for fertilizer and wood, as well as scrapping rock piles and other stuff that is normally just left there. You can actually clean the vines off the sign into Sanctuary Hills.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    On PC, but I can't use mods because then I won't be able to get any achievements. :( Life is unfair.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Is there a mod that allows you to get achievements while using mods?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Gone back to a few old games since I upgraded my GPU, currently doing an infiltrator playthrough of ME3 (side note @Sylandra you need to finish this game one day damnit)

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Karlach said:
    Gone back to a few old games since I upgraded my GPU, currently doing an infiltrator playthrough of ME3 (side note @Sylandra you need to finish this game one day damnit)
    I will do it when I'm done with other things!!
    Daraius said: