What are you playing?

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Daraius said:
    Is there a mod that allows you to get achievements while using mods?
    No, sorry. Achievements are disabled because it's too easy to get them using the mods. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Karlach said:
    Gone back to a few old games since I upgraded my GPU, currently doing an infiltrator playthrough of ME3 (side note @Sylandra you need to finish this game one day damnit)
    My most satisfying time in ME3 was playing the Vanguard archetype. Or whatever the one was called that had the biotic charge.

• FF15 is fun but I definitely feel out of touch with the story, which isn't helped by super teeny tiny text for subtitles and menus. Seriously,  why is that text so tiny? My glasses give me near 20/20 vision  and I can barely read it. 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Currently cursing my way through Bloodborne.  :s
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Stardew Valley. I don't like games like this, at all, but it's keeping me busy.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Eritheyl said:
    Stardew Valley. I don't like games like this, at all, but it's keeping me busy.
    That was how it was for me, too. I'm definitely not a farm games person. But I wasted a ton of time on that game when I got it.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Furvilla is out of beta and eating my time, does that count?
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Luce said:
    Furvilla is out of beta and eating my time, does that count?
    Only if the economy was salvaged from the dumpster and made into something half-respectable, otherwise it counts for

Image result for ms bitters nothing

NOTHIIIIIIIIIIING

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    God I love farming sims. Harvest Moon and Stardew Valley were my jam.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • But why. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Because everyone loves the romantic and idyllic countryside lifestyle, where you can stare out at the sunset with a freshly harvested cabbage in your left hand while using your right to hold hands with your fresh-from-milking-cows partner. #relationshipgoals

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Gotta love wooing adorable librarians with my agricultural prowess. #BlueFeathersAreForClosers
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    It helps if you really like cabbage, too.
  • My family has farms. There is nothing romantic about the fresh smell of cow manure and digging around in mud. 
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I believe the folks at FarmersOnly.com would disagree. Based on their commercials that play every commercial break up here, only the hottest, sexiest folks are farmers.

As for what I'm playing, Morrowind is finally to the inevitable stage where it's crashing every 15-20 minutes :( . Hard to make a 14 year old game play nice with modern technology when it's artificially beefed up on graphics steroids.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    I believe the folks at FarmersOnly.com would disagree. Based on their commercials that play every commercial break up here, only the hottest, sexiest folks are farmers.

As for what I'm playing, Morrowind is finally to the inevitable stage where it's crashing every 15-20 minutes :( . Hard to make a 14 year old game play nice with modern technology when it's artificially beefed up on graphics steroids.
    Gotta agree. At least some farmers are pretty damned sexy. 
  • So i was playing as a count in Sicily recently and a little family drama happens.
    It all begins when my wife complains about chest pains during pregnancy and goes to consult the court physician about it, meanwhile i earn a lover for myself.. Who wasn't supposed to get pregnant just yet.. But did. Before a month has passed my spymaster informs me that my wife wants to murder my lover. I give my spymaster all the ammunition he needs to expose my wife's plot to the public if she refuses to end her scheming. She does ultimately give up and a few weeks later my wife gives birth to a baby girl and dies clutching at her heart right after that. My court physician managed to save the baby but not the mother. I marry my court physician because she has 20 learning score and i need to get rid of the iconoclast heresy so the catholic and orthodox people will stop bothering me about it. My lover gives birth to a bastard baby boy and i make him my legitimate heir which pisses my current wife off so much that she stabs my lover to death. My wife is caught for this murder and to punish her, i had my torturer entertain her for the night. This ends up my current wife losing her mind completely. She is now a raving lunatic. I bet i need to find a new court physician too.
    edited January 2017
    Daraius said:
    Currently cursing my way through Bloodborne.  :s
    I played Bloodborne for pretty much a week straight and all I can think about is playing more Bloodborne. Guyz, you need to play Bloodborne. o.O
    I used to make cakes.

I've been deeply sucked into Neverwinter Nights again, a game I always make it about half way through. But I've never played as a fighter before. The game is totally different when I can Great Cleave my way through oodles of mooks and Knockdown the bosses. Why didn't I try this earlier?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• I am building the best Rimworld of all time. Of all time! Statues and flowers everywhere!
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • edited January 2017
    A good example of how overly complicated political schemes can easily backfire on you in CKII.
    I just discovered that my nephew is the new emperor of the byzantine empire and that by somehow, someway, my daughter is his wife and they are totally going to make an inbred heir or cause a great deal of chaos in the empire by leaving the throne without an heir.

The original plan was to marry my daughter to the late emperor's heir so that i can then few years ahead kidnap my grandson and demand a hefty ransom to continue developing the castle at Messena. It is in a lovely defensible position.

Instead now we will be waiting for a rather interesting future.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Going through my Steam library now I actually have frame rates, currently knocking over Kingdoms of Amalur and Borderlands 2

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

edited January 2017
    Sony gave me $10 and had a flash sale last week so I picked up Grow Home, Hitman GO, Dark Cloud 2, Journey, The Wolf Among Us, and Jackbox Party Pack 1 & 2 (partly because I'm a fan of Hello from the Magic Tavern). Spent about $20 of my own money, but it felt like a pretty good haul!
    I used to make cakes.

• I got a for honor beta code so I might play that.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Currently into point and click adventure games. Give me some of those.
  • Daraius said:
    Sony gave me $10 and had a flash sale last week so I picked up Grow Home, Hitman GO, Dark Cloud 2, Journey, The Wolf Among Us, and Jackbox Party Pack 1 & 2 (partly because I'm a fan of Hello from the Magic Tavern). Spent about $20 of my own money, but it felt like a pretty good haul!
    We got that too, but I already had so many games offered in the flash sale (or wasn't interested in them to start with) that we just ended up getting tomb raider, because my xbox 360 disc got badly scratched. Will put the remainder to some final fantasy game I think.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I got Last of Us Remastered. People keep yelling at me to try it.
  • They keep remastering all this new stuff that wasn't (un?)mastered in the first place, or so it seems to me.

Meanwhile, I'm back here still playing games from the age of polygonal 3D that could probably actually use remastering. Bless you, Legends of Dragoon.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Shuyin said:
    Currently into point and click adventure games. Give me some of those.
    Myst
    Riven: The Sequel to Myst
    Myst III: Exile
    Myst IV: Revelation
    Myst V: End of Ages (not as good)

Journeyman Project
    Journeyman Project 2: Buried in Time
    Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time (best of the three)

Zork: Grand Inquisitor

Dark Fall: The Journal

Shivers

Lighthouse: The Dark Being

Atlantis: The Lost Tales
    Beyond Atlantis (Atlantis II)
    Starship Titanic

Myst Online: Uru Live (not point and click, but part of the Myst series)
    Obduction (not really point and click, but the spiritual successor to the Myst series)

---

I may have played a lot of adventure games. This doesn't even include the ones I didn't finish or didn't like: Lightbringer, Schism, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Aura: Dawn of Ages, Rhem 3, the Crystal Key, maybe a few others.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    King's Quest 6 and Gabriel Knight are pretty incredible, too. Beware of pun-logic in King's Quest.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.