What are you playing?

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Mexican Train dominoes

after 3 white russians
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Damn you Good Old Games for giving away Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition. I already owned the Gold Edition, but giving away the complete thing for free?

If I suddenly drop off the face of the earth, look for me on the Sword Coast.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Pokemon Moon. Getting FF 15 soonish.
    I'm totally not Cyndarin.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    HEROES NEVER DIE!
  • I've been reliving farming life in Stardew Valley, enjoying my riverlands map (love fishing). We're getting a ps4 this Christmas so will be picking up Fallout and maybe FF15.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited December 2016
    Luce said:
    HEROES NEVER DIE!
    JUSTICE RAINS FROM AB... AUGH!!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Has anyone picked up The Last Guardian? Curious what people think before purchasing it (trying to decide on first games to get for the PS4 next week).

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Shuyin said:
    Oh my god that is hilarious. "No, don't eat me"

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Decided on a whim that I wanted to play the original XCOM from 1994. I have never played an XCOM game before, so I'm not sure what led to this, but that's what I've been doing all night. Shootin' aliums.

Being able to play it despite my busted graphics card is a plus! Thanks for being ancient and not asking much of my poor crippled computer, game!
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Ended up being hooked up to "Craft the World", a roughly dwarf fortress like game with male and female dwarves (Outrageous, the females have no beard  :o ), trying to build a fortress to mine for all sorts of minerals, chop wood and tame wildlife while trying to fend off waves of undead and goblins. Hilarious and in my opinion cute little game.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • I've started playing The Art of Letter Writing. You choose your medium of responding to a letter. And the stories unfold from there.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I swear, I'm going to end up with PTSD from these Salandit.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Luce said:
    My worst capture issue early in the game was Magby - got trapped in an unending SOS chain of Smokescreen and Fire Spin. Woo. That said, if your issue is just finding a female Salandit, try leading with a male with Cute Charm. That should up the encounter probability regardless of a species' gender ratio.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    My issue was more that I only have 3 pokemon that can tank the Dragon Rage and the little buggers are fast.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Oh yeah, Dragon Rage makes them tricky when you first arrive there too.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Latest round of CK2: my Norwegian bastard prince became king of Norge and I'm slowly but surely taking over all of Scandinavia. My favorite twist so far was I declared war on Denmark for one of their counties, and in the process slaughtered the young King of Denmark, leaving his young genius widow (a Swedish princess!) alone with her daughters (two Danish princesses!), who are half-siblings to the infant king.

So naturally I invited her to my court, instantly betrothed her two Danish princesses to my two eldest sons, and married her to a Duke of my dynasty for safekeeping. One way or another, we're getting that Danish claim in the Yngling dynasty bloodstream and we're gonna press it and rule everything, even if it means I have to do elective succession gymnastics to get there. \o/
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Luce said:
    Just trade for one, that's what I did. Just game the system. Wondertrade until you get something decent, then flip that one for a pokemon you want. My whole team is trades, and I had a lady lizard whatever you call it until I traded that.
    I'm totally not Cyndarin.
  • So I recently started learning Shogi because of anime.

It's pretty interesting.

:( Okay, so. I won 70% of Denmark in CK2 through a series of conquests. Was feeling pretty good about myself. Thought an empire of Scandinavia could be on the horizon. But then, just as sweet victory comes close, TREACHERY! The other Norwegian dukes randomly decide to back up a rival family at the last possible second, and then I croak in disbelief, leaving my son with two duchies while some other jerkwad (who's been seducing all my then-daughters-now-sisters) takes my rightful crown.

Here is the kicker, though. I figure my snubbed duke will hate this moron for snatching his father's crown away from him, but inexplicably, he seems to worship this usurper at 100 approval. How, I ask myself? He's a title claimant! He's the worst! I'm frankly flummoxed. Until I check the stats, and I notice....

The new king is a master seducer. And my new duke is gay and 100% susceptible to the king's seductive charms. So basically I have a massive crush on the bastard who knocked up all my sisters and stole my crown. My duke has the worst possible taste in men, omg, why.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited December 2016
    This is basically how I play CK2:
    1. Ensure that my line of rule consists solely of high-intrigue women. The attractive trait is beneficial but not required. Genius is better.
    2. Marry some random high-prestige nobleman matrilineally - Karlings are preferred for their high dynastic honour.
    3. Seduce courtiers with good inheritable traits for maximally attractive, smart and strong children.
    4. While pregnant (very important! Don't want any accidental non-optimal babies) seduce all my important dukes, who are generally a bunch of lecherous old men who will totally go for it.
    5. Profit from a) dynastic honour from husband; b) good genes from lovers; c) high approval from vassals.
    6. Inevitably get lover's pox.
    So basically my rulers are always your usurper king. :tongue:  This game turns us all into horrible people. But min-maxing of my bloodline must happen!
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • I'm a bit scared of Aramel now...
  • Man I want to play this game.

• Doooo iiiiiit. It's so much fun.
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
    edited December 2016
    Omg. I think the only way to defeat Aramel in that scenario is to raise a bunch of chaste and zealous men, who preferably are interested in men, in order to wrest power from her seductive control. Or go full on matriarchy, everywhere.
    Daraius said:
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    In spite of my age and yearly protests, my mom insists on spoiling my sister and me. I got a PS4 for Christmas, with Uncharted 4 and the Last Guardian. The latter could never live up to a decade's worth of anticipation, but so far I'm finding it as beautiful and charming as I'd hoped. Can't wait to find out whether Trico dies horribly from the glowing goo I'm feeding him.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Story of how i almost made it from a count to an emperor in a single characters lifetime.

Charlemagne start Byzantine empire. I start as a count in Ephesus. It takes only a few years for the current emperor to start fighting with the Zoroastrians and Muslims from the east. While he is distracted with that i slowly work with my county and increase my power in the duchy and eventually take over the duchy and kick the old duke out of my lands. The emperor doesn't mind my warmongering he's concerned with quite a bit more as there are several factions within the nobility forming. They ask for more power for the council and then there is the occasional pretender for throne which won't take off just yet. Never go over 100% plot power. However the emperor is forced to increase the council's power twice to avoid having to fight his own nobles. While this political intrigue happens in Constantinople. I take a few duchies from the beach including Including Lycia, Pamphylia and a fraction of Cilicia. I now command an army that is more powerful than the emperor whose army and coffers have been depleted by political intrigue and fighting off the Zoroastrians and Muslims to the east. A couple of years pass before a pretender to the throne challenges the emperor and a revolt begins which i am also taking part in, we win and the old emperor is imprisoned. The new emperor is on a weak standing. His army scattered and his coffers empty and i have the power to alone gain 100% plot power and install myself as a pretender to the throne and actually kick the revolt off. 5k of my troops versus his scattered 8k troops. We meet on a battlefield and the fight is going very well, my troops and absolutely slaughtering the new emperors demoralized men. His men are beaten and my army marches onwards to Constantinople. But then, out of thin air the new emperor gets enough money to hire a 10k stack of mercenaries from somewhere. My men lose the battle and run for their lives back home. I have to call white peace before things go any worse. Right now, my character is probably going to die before he can muster an another army that is capable of usurping the throne let alone if i can muster enough plot power to kick off the revolt.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Got Pokemon Sun, time to disappear into my hermit lair for the next eternity.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Picked up Final Fantasy 8 for 5.99 on Steam. Don't judge me.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Been playing Steamworld Heist, a turn based strategy game with the twist that you need to aim your shots yourself and perform crazy ricochets to be truly effective. Nothing like bouncing a bullet off of two walls and a barrel to shoot somebody over the back of the head.

Also all your characters are steam powers robots. In space.