What are you playing?

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited March 2016
    You don't technically have to pay for new characters in LoL. You can gain access with IP, which you get from playing.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Still playing Half-Life 2, made it to the citadel. I had forgotten how awesome games can be that don't interrupt the flow with cut scenes or useless narration.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • So I logged onto Steam once in a long while, and I saw this:

Dang, right down memory lane. Played the hell out of this game when I was a wee little elementary kiddie.

• Back to CK2, this time playing as the Jews of Semien in their attempt to refound the Kingdom of Israel and build the Third Temple! 

Do you know what else would be a good idea? (asks I) I should do this in Ironman mode to start earning those Steam achievements and feeding my own ego!

First attempt: Attempt to expand via Holy wars, get roflstomped by the surrounding Monophysites. Total Game Length: 6 months

Second attempt: Decide NOT to expand via holy war, get roflstomped by a hungry Abyssinia. Total Game Length: 9 months.

Third attempt: Immediately swear fealty to Abyssinia, forget to switch succession type to primogeniture first. Learn this the hard way after siring 4 angry sons.

I am not a smart man :(
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    So I was rereading Angie Gallant dating sim Let's Plays, which I do every few months because they are the best, and I stumbled on this one from a game called Matches and Matrimony. It's basically a tiny visual novel dating sim based on Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice, Persuasion, and Sense & Sensibility.

Happy Easter to me, I'm going to woo ridiculously illustrated Regency era men and deal with snotty aristocratic bitches.

The big decisions, guys!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • OMG...I totally need that one! Dating sim + Mr Darcy = <3
    edited March 2016
    Ack double post dammit phone.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    If you like that genre of game and have iOS, I definitely recommend Regency Love also! Really beautifully written and animated game that draws inspiration from Austen and the Regency era.
    Daraius said:
  • Now, I wish I didn't give my iPhone to my mum :( 
    One day, I shall get another one though. Thanks for the recommendation!
  • I've started playing Child of Light now. It's so adorable, but also creepy, but soooo preeeetty.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited March 2016
    Dylara said:
    I've started playing Child of Light now. It's so adorable, but also creepy, but soooo preeeetty.
    About a year ago I picked that up, thought it might be cute for a few minutes before I stashed it aside for when my kid gets coordinated enough to play.  Loaded it up, and basically lived Child of Light until I completed it twice through.  I still haven't found all of the chests.  =(  Damn, I may have to go play again.

Favorite character: the jester that doesn't know how to rhyme, because it always prompts people to finish her sentences for her.

• Dylara said:
    I've started playing Child of Light now. It's so adorable, but also creepy, but soooo preeeetty.

I was given that by my sister, who said "This has your name all over it", and I can only agree. So much so that I haven't dared touch it yet, for fear it might take me about a fortnight to surface. 

Next time I have a holiday. 
  • It's been sitting on my Steam wishlist for awhile. Worth getting now or should I wait for a sale?
  • Hallen said:
    It's been sitting on my Steam wishlist for awhile. Worth getting now or should I wait for a sale?
    It was on sale for a little over 3$ a couple days ago when I bought it, so I snagged it!

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Dylara said:
    Hallen said:
    It's been sitting on my Steam wishlist for awhile. Worth getting now or should I wait for a sale?
    It was on sale for a little over 3$ a couple days ago when I bought it, so I snagged it!
    Oopsies.
  • I'm gonna add onto the pile of "Child of Light is awesome" though I actually never finished it. I have a save right before the final boss that I keep meaning to get back to.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    The Division on Xbox. Pretty fun, super challenging and frustrating at times, especially the Dark Zone.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • edited March 2016
    I dug out my ancient copy of Callahan's Crosstime Saloon and I played it through again, right up until it froze and will no longer run. =( My life may be over, this was my favourite game when I was feeling sad. Man I miss games like this so much. 
    Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says to Xiran, "My cousin's attitude to life is rather like her attitude towards cake - to have everything, and at once, and lots of it."
    Games for when you are sad are so important. That used to be the Sims for me. Also Princess Maker 2 but now I've overplayed it. :(
    Daraius said:
  • I usually play Harvest Moon: Back to Nature when I am sad. I somehow find it very calming. I really wish I had a DS so I could play the newer titles as well.

Re: Regency games: I am really curious how Ever Jane turns out when it's released. I find the concept very interesting.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Sylandra said:
    Games for when you are sad are so important. That used to be the Sims for me. Also Princess Maker 2 but now I've overplayed it. :(
    I overplayed Princess Maker 2, as well. :( There are some games I really wish I could erase my memories of so I could replay them on a blank slate and get all that fun out of them again. I'd like a font of infinite replay value, please! 

I think that's why I like roguelikes (and roguelike-likes? What are they calling those now? Roguelites?) so much; the randomization element keeps them interesting longer than a game that's always the same every time. I've never once come close to ascending in NetHack, for instance, but I've been playing that game on and off for over a decade and not gotten entirely sick of it yet. 
  • Thyelleia said:
    I usually play Harvest Moon: Back to Nature when I am sad. I somehow find it very calming. I really wish I had a DS so I could play the newer titles as well.

Re: Regency games: I am really curious how Ever Jane turns out when it's released. I find the concept very interesting.
    I like to play Friends of Mineral Town, it's getting harder since my old ds is dying but they did at least release a port on the WiiU Virtual Console!

• It's the inherent replay value of games like Dwarf Fortress and rogue-likes (I'm fond of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup tiles version) that keeps me coming back to them.

• I just found this gem: Science Kombat. It's a Street Fighter based game where you can play some of history's greatest scientists which have awesome special moves...Hawking can summon black holes for example. And Marie Curie totally kills it with a Hadouken.
    edited March 2016
    Dylara said:
    Thyelleia said:
    I usually play Harvest Moon: Back to Nature when I am sad. I somehow find it very calming. I really wish I had a DS so I could play the newer titles as well.

I like to play Friends of Mineral Town, it's getting harder since my old ds is dying but they did at least release a port on the WiiU Virtual Console!
    Ooh I loved More Friends of Mineral Town! I was forever torn between mortal enemies Kai and Rick. In the midst of this sordid love triangle, tho, my farm was making so much bank.
    Daraius said:

• Sylandra said:
    Dylara said:
    Thyelleia said:

Ooh I loved More Friends of Mineral Town! I was forever torn between mortal enemies Kai and Rick. In the midst of this sordid love triangle, tho, my farm was making so much bank.
    I haven't actually played the female version, but I will now that it's available on VC :D

• Been having a blast playing Ark. I get to reenact that scene in Jurassic Park where Wayne Knight gets spit on over... and over... and over.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • I play Warframe. My favorite character is Equinox because she can shift back and forth between attack and defense modes.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'm partial to Excalibur myself. Something about being my own personal stealth-kill generating machine is really satisfying. Especially coupled with Dread, Orthos Prime, and a decent sidearm (I silenced my Kulstar, it's hilarious.)
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I like Ember and Vauban. 

Banshee was my favorite when I first started years ago, but I came back and...she kinda sucks now? Girl, what happened. :(